Trouble with getting Aris mods to work in CMFB

I downloaded all the Aris texture mods for vehicles etc and put them in my z folder. However, most of the textures don't appear in the game. Some Panthers get the new turret, but their hulls seem to be stock texture. All the German halftracks seem to be stock texture. Etc.

The pack I used was the one for CMBN. Maybe it's not compatible with the latest version of CMFB? Or maybe I did some mistake somewhere? I've installed mods before with no problems...

Edited by Bulletpoint

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

I downloaded all the Aris texture mods for vehicles etc and put them in my z folder. However, most of the textures don't appear in the game. Some Panthers get the new turret, but their hulls seem to be stock texture. All the German halftracks seem to be stock texture. Etc.

The pack I used was the one for CMBN. Maybe it's not compatible with the latest version of CMFB? Or maybe I did some mistake somewhere? I've installed mods before with no problems...

Hi n the past somebody put a link see below, this one is in the FGM forum with some vehicles of Aris Allied Axes plus some terrains mod these one are for CMBN but perhaps also some for CMFB you have to see yourself...hope this wil help you !

Link of the page 

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/mods-aris-and-other-popular-mods-combined-into-easy-to-download-packs.17477/

14 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Hi n the past somebody put a link see below, this one is in the FGM forum with some vehicles of Aris Allied Axes plus some terrains mod these one are for CMBN but perhaps also some for CMFB you have to see yourself...hope this wil help you !

Link of the page 

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/mods-aris-and-other-popular-mods-combined-into-easy-to-download-packs.17477/

Thanks, but I believe that's the mod pack I'm trying to use... anyone getting these vehicle texture mods to work in CMFB?

Edited by Bulletpoint

5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I downloaded all the Aris texture mods for vehicles etc and put them in my z folder. However, most of the textures don't appear in the game.

I have some of Aris vehicle texture mods in CMFB and they work.  I got the mods from CMMOD's 3 back in 2016.  I don't remember if the mods I have were specifically made for CMFB or they came from CMBN but they do work.  Aris vehicle textures that I use in CMFB are:  Aris M5A1 Stuart, Hetzer, Tiger I, All in one Panzer IV pack, All in one Panther pack, All in one Stug pack, JgdPz pack and M10. 

In another thread you asked about the plowed field distortion, fixing mod.  While looking at my Mod notes for CMFB I noticed I downloaded Kieme's plowed fields in March 2017.  However I could not get them to work (the distortion remained) so I uninstalled that mod.       

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I have some of Aris vehicle texture mods in CMFB and they work.  I got the mods from CMMOD's 3 back in 2016.  I don't remember if the mods I have were specifically made for CMFB or they came from CMBN but they do work.  Aris vehicle textures that I use in CMFB are:  Aris M5A1 Stuart, Hetzer, Tiger I, All in one Panzer IV pack, All in one Panther pack, All in one Stug pack, JgdPz pack and M10. 

Hmmmm.... I think my mods are just ones made for CMBN back then, so I don't know if they are compatible with CMFB...?

Edited by Bulletpoint

I just tested various things, and it turns out I can use Worghern's ground textures just fine, they load as expected. But the vehicle mods and the Kieme ploughed fields don't load. So I know at least I'm putting the files in the right place, but there's something wrong with the Aris textures....

8 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

there's something wrong with the Aris textures....

I looked at the actual zip files (that I saved) from Aris vehicle mods.  They are labeled Aris-Hetzer-Pack-FB.  All the zip file names refer to CMFB.  So the mods I have from Aris were intentionally made for CMFB.  I'll try to move an Aris vehicle mod from CMBN to CMFB (that I don't have a CMFB mod for) to see if it will work.   

1 minute ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I looked at the actual zip files (that I saved) from Aris vehicle mods.  They are labeled Aris-Hetzer-Pack-FB.  All the zip file names refer to CMFB.  So the mods I have from Aris were intentionally made for CMFB.

I think we're on to something here.

4 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

:o  I copied and pasted Aris CMBN SPW 251/9 mod from CMBN to CMFB and it worked!!  :)  Was not expecting that. 

This is getting puzzlier and puzzlier.. What's the exact file path you're using - for that particular vehicle's mod?

Also, I'd like to know the file names or the texture files. maybe it's something to do with that.

Edited by Bulletpoint

1 minute ago, Bulletpoint said:

What's the exact file path you're using - for that particular vehicle's mod?

Just did it for the SPW 251/10 and it also worked.

File path on a PC - This PC / Documents / Battlefront / Combat Mission Battle for Normandy / Data / Z Folder  

2 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

File path on a PC - This PC / Documents / Battlefront / Combat Mission / Final Blitzkrieg / User Data / Mods / 

You have all the raw texture files directly in the Mods folder, or are they arranged in subfolders?

I continue to try to grok this.. Of all the different vehicle mods, only ONE thing gets loaded, and that's the Panther G early turret. But I can't figure out why that file works, and the others don't...

I have a Z folder inside the mods folder that I use when I'm testing experimenting with mods or temporarily using a un-tagged mod for a scenario.  Other than that the Z folder is empty and all my mods are just in the main Mods folder.  However having sub folders and using them should not be the problem.  In CMSF2 I have several sub-folders and they work.  

My Aris sdkfz 251 / 9 mod folder has four files inside of it.  Do you have all four and are they showing in CMBN no problem?      

11 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

If we can focus on one mod and get it to work we should discover the problem.  I just picked the Sdkfz 251 / 9 since I moved it and it worked.  Are you re-starting the game after moving mods into it? 

Yep, restarting every time.

I just made a little test scenario in CMBN and loaded all the 5 different kinds of Panthers. They all worked with the mod texture, including the single Panther VG.

AND including the SPW 251/9 Stummel.

So the conclusion must be that the files work, but they are somehow not compatible with CMFB. Maybe they have the wrong file names?

Is there anywhere I can download all the Aris vehicle textures in a version sure to be compatible with CMFB? 

1 minute ago, Bulletpoint said:

Maybe they have the wrong file names?

Is there anywhere I can download all the Aris vehicle textures in a version sure to be compatible with CMFB? 

I didn't change any file names when I moved the Stummel from CMBN to CMFB so not sure if that is a problem. 

I got my zip files from CMMODs 3 originally.  They will still be there or at CMMODs 4 now if Bootie got them transferred.     

I can also make a copy of what I have and give it to you via Dropbox. 

Thanks, appreciate that. I just crosschecked once again that the Stummel mod works in CMBN and not in CMFB.

I did this by removing al mods from both games, then adding only the Aris 251/9 mod folder to each game. It appears in game in CMBN but not in CMFB.

Could you send me a dropbox link to all your CMFB vehicle mods?

Just tried the PM.  It said you could not receive messages?  I know we have talked via PM before.  Your in-box full maybe?  

Yes, it was full. Today's not my lucky tech day. But thanks a lot for taking your time to help me out with this. You should be able to PM me now.

I created that merged modpack yonks ago well before CMFB was on the scene. The pack was certainly setup for CMBN, not CMFB. Despite the face value similarities there are a truckload of different variants of vehicle in CMFB compared to CMBN so yes the files are never going to full line up. Not to mention there's no snow textured vehicles in CMBN. Aris disappeared around CMFB's release so not every vehicle received his love and attention.