Vehicle9 Wrecked Civilian Car + Ground tile

Vehicle 9 Civilian Wrecked Car Flavour Object c/w ground tile

Wrecked car flavour object

[Based on Kieme's SF1 pale blue car]

This is a destroyed car to put in your battlescenes. It is modded on the SF1 VBIED pale blue car.Vehicle-9-Wrecked-Car.jpg.dfcac60caebc4fcbedb4c1f7b15f8d5b.jpg

Put it in the Z folder

It looks best with the ground tile Wreckage supplied with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3p5yyk20xu3dka3/Vehicle-9-Wreck-on-burnt-ground.jpg

You can replace any ordinary ground tile. It has the mod tag [wreckage] applied.

NOTE: flavour objects need consecutive numbers. You will need to put it in the next available vehicle flavour slot in your game and renumber the mdr file accordingly – e.g if you have three vehicles this will now be vehicle4.mdr

Link again:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vnvbrljke5n3s/vehicle9_car_wreck

Edited by JulianJ

Looks good.

Presumably one needs all the taxi files?  Without mediafire account I got a notice saying one can't d/l more than 1 at a time.  

Where does one get the wreckage mod?

thanks...

PS:  Is this for CMSF2 rather than CMBS??

Edited by Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Should work for both CMBS and CMSF2 (& SF1 I think). You can join mediafire for free. (I didn't know that you could only download 1 thing at a time if a non-member). I wanted to upload it to several locations so it won't get lost.  All  the components are in the folder, including a ground tile, with the mod tag [wreckage]- you can either replace any ordinary ground tile or create a map with wreckage as a mod tag and use the tile.

I just got a free Mediafire account.  But to download all the files at the same time Mediafire wanted me to buy the premium package.  So I just downloaded them one at a time.  I'm going through the files now.  

I noticed you have two taxi-wheel files.  One is a flat tire and I think the other is a normal tire.  Did you intend to have the normal tire file in the mod? 

EDIT to add:  Also I'm not finding a modded ground wreckage tile.  There is a jpg file of a photo of the modded ground wreckage tile but that is the closest I can find.  I think the modded ground wreckage tile would need to be a bmp file? 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Well, I just learned something new.  :)

I was able to make this mod show up in CMBS (still working on CMSF2).  There is only one vanilla vehicle slot in CMBS under flavor objects.  It is the forklift.  There are a total of four vehicle slots in CMBS when using @Kieme(ITA) civilian vehicle mod.  His mod adds three vehicles flavor objects.  So I numbered @JulianJ mod of the wrecked vehicle as vehicle number 5.  Then slot number 5 in the editor/flavor objects just appeared as a number 5 button. 

I was expecting to have to tag the wrecked car mod to over-write one of the existing slots (1-4) to make the wrecked car mod show up.  Or jump through more hoops to create a number 5 button for the wrecked car mod.  But the editor just added the next button, no problem.  I didn't know adding additional flavor object buttons in the editor was so easy.  Cool game. :D   

Now to see how many flavor objects I can cram into the open slots........   I'm guessing nine buttons is as high as the editor will allow.................. ?   :D  :lol: 

Apologies for the entire universe of computer suckiness.  Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!

1. Here is the ground tile omitted from previous upload:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/of1nki5koeyz803/ground_dirt_[wreckage].bmp/file

It is called ground dirt [wreckage].bmp . 

2. @MOS:96B2P Yes, there are 9 flavour object slots in each group.  Get 'em while you can as they are filling up fast!  Every new one comes up as a button automatically, so you know if it has worked before you go into the 3D representation because the button is there.

3. There are two tyres in there, one normal one left because I forgot about it. The flat tyre does not represent properly because that is down to the MDR file. So it wasn't worth doing more work on tyre damage.

For some reason I can't get the files to upload to FGM. I will rectify that when I can. 

2 hours ago, JulianJ said:

3. There are two tyres in there, one normal one left because I forgot about it. The flat tyre does not represent properly because that is down to the MDR file. So it wasn't worth doing more work on tyre damage.  

I agree.  So I think I may just use the normal tires.

In CMSF2 the wrecked vehicle is showing up with the VBIED in the backseat.  Not blacked out as it is in CMBS.  I'll keep working on it.  I may have done something wrong.  

If / when you have time for some questions: 

I noticed you changed the file names.  Example: taxi-interior to taxi-interioi  At first I thought it was a typo and changed it.  But then it didn't work so I changed it back.  I then noticed all the file names except taxi-window were changed.  Why / how does shortening the name make this work?  And why is taxi-window file not changed like the others?      

Edited by MOS:96B2P

The vbied placeholder is there in CMBS. I believe it is to do with the MDR file, so cannot be removed.  It doesn't bother me much.

The weird spellings are there for a reason!  Ever hear about not meddling with things you don't  understand? Usually unleashes demons, or at the very least bad TV series upon the world!  Seriously though - you have to replace the EXACT SAME NO OF CHARACTERS IN THE MDR FILE. So to have a new .bmp file it has to have the same no of characters and to ensure you know which vehicle it came from you replace it with a letter= vehicle 9 = i.  It's in one of the guides to modding flavour objects and it works so I keep with the programme.

The windows don't work either. I only change things that matter and leave everything else. I see now it causes confusion. If you want to go back to the normal tyres - can you work out how to do it now? You'll need to open the mdr file and change one letter only. 

There will be a pop quiz tomoz.... (actually, no there won't). 😉

17 minutes ago, JulianJ said:

The vbied placeholder is there in CMBS. I believe it is to do with the MDR file, so cannot be removed.  It doesn't bother me much.

If you want to go back to the normal tyres - can you work out how to do it now? 

In CMBS the VBIED is all black so easier to ignore.  In CMSF2 it is a normal white painted VBIED looking bomb with wires coming out of it.  I wish it was all black as in CMBS.  Of course I may have done something wrong in CMSF2 with the mod....... not sure yet.

I got the normal tires back.  Thanks for the explanations. 

7 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Uh wha now...???  You lost me at "MDR"...    I only know how to put bmp files into my Z folder.  So, this is rather complex...

The mdr is provided in the download.  You just drop it in the Z folder with its bmp friends.  

5 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Now to see how many flavor objects I can cram into the open slots........   I'm guessing nine buttons is as high as the editor will allow.................. ?   :D  :lol: 

Take a look at the current version of 'Heaven & Earth'.....We have 162 flavour objects!  B)

@Bootie  I have attempted to put the files up on FGM but not succeeded which is odd. I'll have another go. If not I may need your assistance.

@Erwin  The mdr file is the CM Native file which controls all the model does, e.g 3d appearance, moving, shooting, where the doors and windows are in buildings. The bmp files are just the skin, flattened out into 2d. The .mdr has to go in the same folder as the .bmps   and then in your Z folder. 

Thanks to the efforts of various modders we can alter these to a small extent. That's why I try not to tamper with them too much - as things tend to go terribly wrong.  Hence I gave up on flattening the tyres in the mdr file, which ought to be reasonably simple in theory , but I feared I would mess it up.

@MOS:96B2P re: vbieds - thanks for telling me that. I agree it would be better to disappear the vbied if poss or turn it to black.  I may have a go but I cannot promise any results as I say above tampering with the mdrs often causes grief and frustration.