CMBN Update and other issues

So, I have a new computer and had to install CMBN (and all other titles from scratch) I downloaded the full installer plus the new patches. The process was tricky for even experienced users but after wading through the laborious installation, applying patches and activation - as well as getting the games to work on a 4k screen things were working okay and a lot faster with a more powerful processor (still no multicore support) and SSD drive. However the main issue is with CMBN, it plays but it misreports the unit names/types both in-game and in the editor. It has all these strange names for the units like it's drawing the info partially from CMRT, CMBS and elsewhere. In the editor, the oddities continue with misnamed units/hardware and instead of things like selecting AIR SUPPORT it has the option for AERIAL FLAMETHROWER (whatever that would be, is this Game of Thrones?). I tried a clean install, three times including downloading the full install files again, as well as trying a few other different things. The only thing that works is reverting to the 4.00 exe version where the editor and game work fine without the above-mentioned issues. Going to the 4.01 or 4.02 executable brings back the issues. Has anyone had these issues and can anyone shed some light on what might be a fix? The issue doesn't appear with any of the other games in the series but being that CMBN was the first released in this series and works and installs a bit differently from the others might that be a pointer to the problem? I don;t recall the issue on the older system but then hadn;t been upgraded to 4.02 on that.

The only noticeable issue with the other games has been slightly more frequent freezing/crashing of the game than on my older system and the sound stuttering every so often (I usually play turn-based so this is during the action playback mostly) as well as the graphics momentarily locking (at the same time as the sound stuttering).

Any thoughts/help much appreciated.

System Specs:
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer    System manufacturer
System Model    System Product Name
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    ASUS_MB_CNL
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 1801, 23/10/2018
SMBIOS Version    3.1
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product    TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING
BaseBoard Version    Rev X.0x
Platform Role    Desktop
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume9
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.17763.529"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    17.2 GB
Total Virtual Memory    75.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory    48.0 GB
Page File Space    44.0 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys

I have seen mods do lots of funky things. 

Also,

I downloaded the full installer plus the new patches. 

The full installer is exactly that. It is a full installer. There is no need to add patches to it. It make things much more simple and less tricky.