Artillery Adjustment Bug or Feature?

Since I think v3.12 or v4, if you have an FO adjust a fire mission it adjusts *all* the fire missions he's currently directing. I know people have posted about this before but I can't find the threads now. I'm wondering if anyone recalls how this was resolved--was it judged not to be a bug but to be intended behavior? If so, I'm having trouble figuring out what it is supposed to represent. 

On 7/1/2019 at 3:51 AM, General Liederkranz said:

Since I think v3.12 or v4, if you have an FO adjust a fire mission it adjusts *all* the fire missions he's currently directing. I know people have posted about this before but I can't find the threads now. I'm wondering if anyone recalls how this was resolved--was it judged not to be a bug but to be intended behavior? If so, I'm having trouble figuring out what it is supposed to represent. 

Pretty sure that's how it's meant to work. If you are using multiple support assets in the one fire mission then they must be all following the same parameters - therefore you adjust one you adjust them all.

When CM2 first came out FO's could call in simultanous missions everywhere which wasn't very realistic for a 1940's battlefield, so it's one fire mission at a time for each observer/leader team. I think that was a change introduced with the 2.0 upgrade IIRC. The only exception to all this is setting up fire missions during deployment.

The FO's can't call in simultanous missions, but when the mission are fire for effect he can call in another. If he have a howitzer FFE at one place, and adjust a completely diffrent asset like a mortar at another place, then why wouldn't the howitzer mission just keep going? It makes no sence that the howitzer, have to adjust to the mortar. 

I just checked - this bug has been logged. I agree with @Swant that if an FO has called a few missions and those missions are still on going they should be able to adjust any one and have that adjustment only apply to the parameters of that one mission and leave the other ongoing missions alone.