Jump to content

Rome to Victory Pre-orders are now open


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of those guys are full of sh*t. They get mad when someone calls them out for acting like dicks. And that's exactly how a lot of them act. It has nothing to do with criticism and everything to do

Nope. They just stole the equipment.

You're free to close your eyes when you see a post like this, you know.

Posted Images

Beta team, I think.  Its very hard to tell who is official who is beta team, and who is just a fan.  Beta team members also seem to contribute scenarios and other stuff, so, to me, its a very gray area.  Though Steve does come in and throw shade at customer demands now and then.  The gaming forums I visit tend to view these boards as a place not welcoming to even the slightest criticism.  I don't wholly subscribe to that, but the over-sensitivity like the above just reinforces the perception without any context.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Where is the criticism?  Being a little overly sensitive?  I was pointing out that at least we got the info, as opposed to going months without hearing anything. This kind of "the world is against us" approach to customer engagement sure doesn't help BFC's rep around the web.

You're the one being "a little overly sensitive". He was referring to Buck72's comment not yours. Why would he criticize what you wrote? You were being positive for a change!

 

Mord.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

The gaming forums I visit tend to view these boards as a place not welcoming to even the slightest criticism.  I don't wholly subscribe to that, but the over-sensitivity like the above just reinforces the perception without any context.

Most of those guys are full of sh*t. They get mad when someone calls them out for acting like dicks. And that's exactly how a lot of them act. It has nothing to do with criticism and everything to do with attitude. I get so sick of hearing about the poor martyrs that are forced to post on other boards because this one is just so unwelcoming. Most of them just want a place they can bash the game without any repercussion or blow back. Some of them have even been banned from here because they can't function like normal humans. I think this forum is pretty dang friendly. And I like it here a 1000 times more than when I first joined.

Yeah, I know that you don't completely share their views but I am just pointing it out. And again, sburke wasn't talking to you. He was talking about the other guy so that's a bad example.

 

Mord.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah! What @Mord said. This place is awesome - the vast majority of the time. I agree 100% with @Mord about the handful of people who post on other boards about how bad this one is. It is utterly ridiculous. Anyone can read these forums and those and see which is better. There are other good places to discuss things for sure (the few good men for example) but there ares some just insane ones (game squad as an extreme example it is basically just one guy insulting Steve from time to time).

I'm sorry this place has a low tolerance for slagging, nonconstructive criticism, thin skin and deliberately misleading readers. Oh wait - no I'm not :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

To give one example, I read a post a few months ago on another forum where a guy was slinging crap about BF because they don't support CMBO etc. anymore. You know, because why doesn't a company keep a 19-year-old game up to date? The guy paid money almost 20 years ago he should have his game fixed every time Windows releases an upgrade. Because that's what every game company on the planet does. (<---Sarcasm). I could spend all day giving examples like that. It's just one of the reasons I won't join off site CM forums. Besides that, I can't influence a thing talking about the games where BF doesn't post. If I am gonna be involved in a circle-jerk I prefer it to have some effect on the outcome of development.

 

Mord.

Edited by Mord
Link to post
Share on other sites

I prepaid for R2V.  I am not worried or upset.  It'll get here when they believe it's right, and it's a small crew working on it.  I want it better more than I want it sooner.  And these games are worth the wait IMO.  One day this company might be gone, then we'll all be pining for the good old days of BFC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It does surprise me the amount of time and effort some people will go to in order to take shots at Battlefront.  (I'm not talking about anybody that is currently in this discussion thread.  Just a bunch of posters with years on the forum talking here so far.) 

I have seen posters go out of their way to be unreasonable, get truly upset (over a game) and get banned from this forum.  Then some have changed their handle and come back to continue the hate.  To get discovered and banned again.  They also continue this behavior on other forums with hate directed at Battlefront.  The stuff I'm talking about is not constructive criticism being discussed in a reasonable manner.  They obviously have an ax to grind and will sometimes resort to personal insults (hence the banning). 

It seems like very unhealthy behavior and sometimes makes me wonder about their mental health.  Why get so upset over a game and spend free time making hateful posts in multiple forums?  It just doesn't make sense.  Unless the hateful posters think someone at BFC has slept with their wife/girlfriend/life partner and are attacking the product in a jealous rage to get even................ :o ;)  And even that excuse is still kind of unhealthy......              

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Where is the criticism?  Being a little overly sensitive?  I was pointing out that at least we got the info, as opposed to going months without hearing anything. This kind of "the world is against us" approach to customer engagement sure doesn't help BFC's rep around the web.

It was actually in response to the person above you...now who is being sensitive? 😁Damn Mord beat me to it!

Edited by sburke
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Beta team, I think.  Its very hard to tell who is official who is beta team, and who is just a fan.  Beta team members also seem to contribute scenarios and other stuff, so, to me, its a very gray area.  Though Steve does come in and throw shade at customer demands now and then.  The gaming forums I visit tend to view these boards as a place not welcoming to even the slightest criticism.  I don't wholly subscribe to that, but the over-sensitivity like the above just reinforces the perception without any context.

Right you are. If Elvis or Steve posts something, it's the official word. Beta team members can't say anything official in nature or reveal much of anything, but yes, they are building scenarios, maps, and doing TOE research as well as play testing scenarios.. Some (not me!) do ALL of those. I'm continually impressed with the depth of knowledge and research by some of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SgtHatred said:

I like how 1 person expressing disappointment leads to an entire page of discussion on how bad everyone is. Are you people stuck in a time loop by any chance?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stuck in a time loop : a personal hell of my own where I wait for the new Fortress Italy module while life just keeps going on around me, but I'm too paralyzed by anticipation to take part in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stuck in a time loop : a personal hell of my own where I wait for the new Fortress Italy module while life just keeps going on around me, but I'm too paralyzed by anticipation to take part in it.

You're stuck in a time loop? You should stop moaning and think yourself lucky. I've been waiting for CM English Civil War for the last 400 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

 I've been waiting for CM English Civil War for the last 400 years

Try Pike And Shot (if you don't already know about it), that should hold you for at least 100 years.

Skip to 10:30 for the action.

 

 

Mord.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the suggestion. I have in fact watched quite a few videos of the game although none by the maker of this one so I will take a look. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek as what I really want is more WW2 eastern and western front content from BFC. But i'm not in any rush, as I can always find campaigns that I have lost to play again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have in fact watched quite a few videos of the game although none by the maker of this one so I will take a look.

 You're welcome. It's a fun game. I installed a sound mod that really adds to the immersion. It's not quite as deep as CM of course, but it fills a niche that is fairly ignored. There are a zillion user made scenarios available that you download within the game itself, so no need to search them out, that cover everything from the Ottomans to Isandlwana to the Little Bighorn and everything in between. It's fairly Beer and Pretzels but in a good way. One of those games that is very easy to pick up but has enough depth to make it interesting and fun. I hope they'll do a new version once they finish Field of Glory II as I'd like to see some more visceral elements added to the battlefield atmosphere (namely bodies!). Hold out for a sale and you can pick it up for a song.

 

Mord.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mord said:

 You're welcome. It's a fun game. I installed a sound mod that really adds to the immersion. It's not quite as deep as CM of course, but it fills a niche that is fairly ignored. There are a zillion user made scenarios available that you download within the game itself, so no need to search them out, that cover everything from the Ottomans to Isandlwana to the Little Bighorn and everything in between. It's fairly Beer and Pretzels but in a good way. One of those games that is very easy to pick up but has enough depth to make it interesting and fun. I hope they'll do a new version once they finish Field of Glory II as I'd like to see some more visceral elements added to the battlefield atmosphere (namely bodies!). Hold out for a sale and you can pick it up for a song.

 

Mord.

Very interesting Mord I didn't know there is so much possibilities of Campaign in this game.

I think It will be better to have a view more close when you have a hand to hand combat... but I never play this game.

You give me the wish to play again with my old Medieval TW.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Very interesting Mord I didn't know there is so much possibilities of Campaign in this game.

Well, Isandlawana and the Little Bighorn are stand alone battles but there's a mod that adds a huge amount of countries and armies that weren't in the original release for skirmish battles and custom campaigns.

44 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

I think It will be better to have a view more close when you have a hand to hand combat... but I never play this game.

I agree, I love up close action but if you approach it from the table top perspective (around which it's designed) it's easier to accept. I'd much rather see guys getting shot, bodies dropping, hand to hand combat etc. but it's cool for what it is.

44 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

You give me the wish to play again with my old Medieval TW.

Great game! One of the best TW titles ever made (it might never leave my hard drive). They really hit the sweet spot with the characters in that game. Just the right balance of detail without them being too simplified. I use the Stainless Steel mod when I play. It's really nice.

 

Mord.

Edited by Mord
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mord said:

Well, Isandlawana and the Little Bighorn are stand alone battles but there's a mod that adds a huge amount of countries and armies that weren't in the original release for skirmish battles and custom campaigns.

I agree, I love up close action but if you approach it from the table top perspective (around which it's designed) it's easier to accept. I'd much rather see guys getting shot, bodies dropping, hand to hand combat etc. but it's cool for what it is.

Great game! One of the best TW titles ever made (it might never leave my hard drive). They really hit the sweet spot with the characters in that game. Just the right balance of detail without them being too simplified. I use the Stainless Steel mod when I play. It's really nice.

 

Mord.

Yes we have already beautiful games sleeping in ours drawers, and it is sometimes good and interesting to open it, and remove the dust of time...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has it really been over 2 weeks since I posted here? Well.....I can officially say that August is out. Steve addressed the biggest reason earlier. The TO&E is a bear for this baby. Some days it feels like (who can name the movie reference here?) unraveling a big cable knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and.....

I think we will have some additional stuff to show you shortly though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone interested in European warfighting in the middle ages should hunt down Hans Delbruck's multi-volume 'history of the art of war', especially the two volumes "Medieval Warfare" and "The Dawn of Modern Warfare" which together are some 1,100 pages of very small text. ^_^  I've read through the series twice. Hopefully before I die I'll get around to reading it a third time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...