Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good afternoon,

I wish to formally apologize to the administrators and all members of the forums. When I was hospitalized they had to put me on Prednisone to protect my kidneys. In addition to the attack on my lungs and heart, I also had an acute kidney injury caused by the fluid that had built up in my body. For those of you that are not familiar with this drug, it is a steroid and a nasty one too. One of the side affects is aggression which I have been experiencing since all of this has happened to me. I took my last dose of this drug yesterday. I also saw my primary care physician yesterday and asked him how long it will take for this drug to clear my system. He told me that it normally takes about a week to ten days to clear a person's system because the liver has a hard time filtering it out of the body. So for the time being I am going to try to keep a low profile when posting or commenting on posts. I really enjoy this group and would hate to be banned because a drug is causing me to be an ass.

**Chris**

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers. Last year I was being treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Prednisone is given in combo with chemo. 100mg/day. Big dose. For about 5 days, then cut off cold. It then as you say, takes about a week to ten days to get back to normal. I didn't have the aggression " 'roid rage "  but I was so tired I could barely function. Spent about 15 days of every 3 weeks on the couch, then started over again at 3 week intervals.

Bottom line - I hated the prednisone effect, which for me was like staying up for 2 days straight and then drinking 6 or 8 cups of coffee to make up for it. And you stay in that state for about 2 weeks. Horrible.

So to make a long story short, I sympathize. It seems to affect people differently. Take care and best wishes for recovery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Cheers. Last year I was being treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Prednisone is given in combo with chemo. 100mg/day. Big dose. For about 5 days, then cut off cold. It then as you say, takes about a week to ten days to get back to normal. I didn't have the aggression " 'roid rage "  but I was so tired I could barely function. Spent about 15 days of every 3 weeks on the couch, then started over again at 3 week intervals.

Bottom line - I hated the prednisone effect, which for me was like staying up for 2 days straight and then drinking 6 or 8 cups of coffee to make up for it. And you stay in that state for about 2 weeks. Horrible.

So to make a long story short, I sympathize. It seems to affect people differently. Take care and best wishes for recovery.

Yes, I could not agree with you more. It keys you up so much that sleep is like "what's that". I have to take at least 2 mg of Xanax at night just to shut my brain off. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I hope that your cancer is in remission. My girlfriend is a breast cancer survivor.

**Chris**

Edited by WhiteWolf65
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Yes, I could not agree with you more. It keys you up so much that sleep is like "what's that". I have to take at least 2 mg of Xanax at night just to shut my brain off. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I hope that your cancer is in remission. My girlfriend is a breast cancer survivor. 

**Chris**

Hope  you're on the road to recovery Chris. Thanks for the honest post. My mom is a breast cancer survivor also I'm glad your girl beat it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Yes, I could not agree with you more. It keys you up so much that sleep is like "what's that". I have to take at least 2 mg of Xanax at night just to shut my brain off. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I hope that your cancer is in remission. My girlfriend is a breast cancer survivor.

**Chris**

It is yes. I had 6 rounds of chemo. PET scan after round 3 showed almost all gone. Post treatment PET showed complete remission. It is a type that can (probably will) return, however, that means more treatment. Oncologist said to consider it more of a chronic condition, not a death sentence. Feeling pretty good now, other than still working to get my energy back. I get tired much more easily these days. They say it takes up to a year to feel back to normal. Thanks for asking. Best wishes for your girlfriend as well.

 

Edited by Ultradave
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

It is yes. I had 6 rounds of chemo. PET scan after round 3 showed almost all gone. Post treatment PET showed complete remission. It is a type that can (probably will) return, however, that means more treatment. Oncologist said to consider it more of a chronic condition, not a death sentence. Feeling pretty good now, other than still working to get my energy back. I get tired much more easily these days. They say it takes up to a year to feel back to normal. Thanks for asking. Best wishes for your girlfriend as well.

 

Hope your recovery continues man. In the mean time use CM as part of the treatment!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I hope you do well coming off the stuff. I had it once in a fairly low dosage and was batting .400 and hitting with power. Plus I cleaned the kitchen floor 5 times a day...so it isn't without it's merits. Be well my, friend.

Thank you. This morning, as I was filling my pill-pack...guess what I found? Two more doses of Prednisone. Guess where they went? Right, in the toilet. Let some worm or whatever have "roid" rage. My luck though, some kinda weird creature will crawl out of the toilet and attack me😬 I completely agree with you. I am supposed to be resting but yesterday a bout of mania hit me, so I vacuumed and cleaned the carpet in my office and I did clean the kitchen floor, but not 5 times. Your floor either shined or you wore holes in it 😉 Take care my friend.

**Chris**

Must be getting better. Only two edits that time.

Edited by WhiteWolf65
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...