IDF Module?

I just upgraded to Shock Force 2 and hoping that we see an IDF module for CMSF2 in the near future. Would luv to see the Merkava and all of it's variants.  I did a quick search and didn't find a topic on the IDF.

Thanks,

Mast

I'm fairly certain the devs said there wouldn't be any additional content for Shock Force 2.

However, provided certain ghoulish characters get what they want and war errupts between Iran and the US, maybe we'll see a Combat Mission title (complete with CM3 engine hopefully) 20 years down the line featuring all the favorites from the conflict zone - which no doubt means the IDF would be included.

The CMSF2 timeline roughly coincides (give or take a year) with Israel's last attempt to invade Lebanon, a disastrous operation that didn't make it a dozen miles into the country and eventually resulted in the collapse of the Israeli government. On the practical side, concocting an Israeli TO&E structure would be daunting to say the least. They're not exactly forthcoming about their military stats and force structure.

5 hours ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

I'm fairly certain the devs said there wouldn't be any additional content for Shock Force 2.

However, provided certain ghoulish characters get what they want and war errupts between Iran and the US, maybe we'll see a Combat Mission title (complete with CM3 engine hopefully) 20 years down the line featuring all the favorites from the conflict zone - which no doubt means the IDF would be included.

We need that war to happen so we can play a game about it! 🤪

Shock Force 2 is done? That's kinda strange to me. Since 1948 there's been battles/wars between Israel and it's neighbors. Arab/Israeli War (1948), Suez Crisis (1956), Six Day War (1967), War of Attrition (1967-70), Yom Kippur War (1973), etc.  There's many battles/wars that can be done and that's my point. I would like to see IDF's - M50/M51 Shermans, Centurions, Magachs, Sho't Kals,  Merkavas and all of the other tanks that were used by both sides. I would like to see the big tank battle that happen on the Golan heights during the Yom Kippur War. Hopefully we see a game in the near future.

47 minutes ago, Mast said:

Shock Force 2 is done? That's kinda strange to me. Since 1948 there's been battles/wars between Israel and it's neighbors. Arab/Israeli War (1948), Suez Crisis (1956), Six Day War (1967), War of Attrition (1967-70), Yom Kippur War (1973), etc.  There's many battles/wars that can be done and that's my point. I would like to see IDF's - M50/M51 Shermans, Centurions, Magachs, Sho't Kals,  Merkavas and all of the other tanks that were used by both sides. I would like to see the big tank battle that happen on the Golan heights during the Yom Kippur War. Hopefully we see a game in the near future.

Why are you pick up my text my hope my wishes ;))

Avalon Hill did a cardboard counter game in the 1970’s called “Arab-Israeli Wars” (I owned it along with “Starship Troopers”) that morphed into “Squad Leader” and “Advanced Squad Leader (ASL).” Combat Mission is an evolution of ASL for computers. It could be that there is way too much “ENERGY” around the whole Israeli/Palestinian issues and conflicts for BFC to want to open that whole can of worms. As much as some want to use CMSF2 as a base for “real world” conflicts, CMSF2 remains a FICTIONAL  setting, and before anyone tries to use CMBS as a counter-argument for a real-life, reality-based example, CMBS was in the pipeline for many years before the actual event occurred, and CMBS still remains a FICTIONAL event, not a game about a contemporary conflict.

I suspect BFC wants no part of that type of game.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Mast said:

SF was a specific fictional scenario of conflict in 2008.  So yes it is done …. sadly.  CM families tend to be very restrictive anyway, even if it weren't done it would never cover 1948/1956/1967-1970/1973 etc etc.  Heck most base games don't cover more than a few months.

If BF decides it wants to cover any of that it would be a specific family per each....not that I would have a problem with that. :D

I had joked elsewhere (a long time ago) that BFC was in danger of running out of 'popular' conflicts to cover. If they were faced with having to decide whether to do the 1973 war or the Chaco war between Bolivia and Paraguay they'd probably opt for the 1973 war, for no other reason than they could pick up much of the 1973 Arab armor. If they had to decide whether to do the 1973 war or the WWII North Africa campaign, though, I think we can guess which they'd chose.

• 6 months later...