I started a new Combat Mission project today

Good afternoon,

Question for all of you. How many of you dislike looking up the capabilities or information on any particular unit in the PDF manuals? I prefer to have something that I can hold in my lap and read, rather than trying to read it on a computer screen. Well, today I started printing out all of the unit data sheets for all of the units found in all of the games. I will have one notebook that is dedicated to the World War II titles and another that is dedicated to CM:SF 2 and CM:BS. It will make it so much easier, at least for me it will, to decide which units I wish to purchase when playing against another player in a Quick Battle. I have also printed out the manuals, including the Engine 4.0 manual and I've printed out the guide for designing maps/scenarios/campaigns. This is what I enjoy doing. I know, weird but everybody needs a hobby. Right?

**Chris**

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Good afternoon,

Question for all of you. How many of you dislike looking up the capabilities or information on any particular unit in the PDF manuals? I prefer to have something that I can hold in my lap and read, rather than trying to read it on a computer screen. Well, today I started printing out all of the unit data sheets for all of the units found in all of the games. I will have one notebook that is dedicated to the World War II titles and another that is dedicated to CM:SF 2 and CM:BS. It will make it so much easier, at least for me it will, to decide which units I wish to purchase when playing against another player in a Quick Battle. I have also printed out the manuals, including the Engine 4.0 manual and I've printed out the guide for designing maps/scenarios/campaigns. This is what I enjoy doing. I know, weird but everybody needs a hobby. Right?

**Chris**

I was contemplating doing something similar (for just the British in CMBN and CMFI). I’ve no problem checking for information in the manuals.

However the manuals are just the details panels for vehicles and weapons. But what I am more interested to know about when purchasing my forces are the number of soldiers/crew included in a unit/vehicle and the gear that they have on them.

1 minute ago, Oliver_88 said:

I was contemplating doing something similar (for just the British in CMBN and CMFI). I’ve no problem checking for information in the manuals.

However the manuals are just the details panels for vehicles and weapons. But what I am more interested to know about when purchasing my forces are the number of soldiers/crew included in a unit/vehicle and the gear that they have on them.

A very good idea and I will probably print out those statistics too. I am just now printing the cover sheet for each manual and putting them in sheet protectors. Once done, I won't have to search the various manuals to find what I need. Now if I can just figure out how to do screen captures I can start working on some maps. I would really like to do a scenario for the Battle of Cologne and Aachen using Final Blitzkrieg.