The upgraded Canadian campaign "The Khabour Trail" is now yours!

The Khabour Trail has been Upgraded for CMSF2 and it's ready for you to play..

The Canadian Campaign from Combat Mission Shock Force 1 has been brought up to Shock Force 2's Game Engine 4 standards.  Also included are updated AI plans, reworked briefings and some adjustments to the campaign's units.

Here is a direct link to the download: The Khabour Trail Campaign

Enjoy!

I know it's a bit off-topic but why do Canadian mech infantry only get a single HE-rocket as opposed to THREE AT-rockets, for the Carl Gustav? 

I realize the Carl Gustav is the "heavy" (making the M72s "light") AT-weapon of Canadian mech infantry but the Carl Gustav is famous for its versatility and therefore it seems a bit weird that they only get a single HE-rocket per vehicle/section. 

2 hours ago, AtheistDane said:

I know it's a bit off-topic but why do Canadian mech infantry only get a single HE-rocket as opposed to THREE AT-rockets, for the Carl Gustav? 

I guess the answer is "probably because that's how the CF typically apportion their ammo". Very likely a question for the Canadian forces or someone who served in 2008.

The ammo load outs for various formations are usually taken from some documentation or first hand reports. Occasionally they have to make educated guesses. Anyone that has sources for different ammo load outs can report them.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, IanL said:

I guess the answer is "probably because that's how the CF typically apportion their ammo". Very likely a question for the Canadian forces or someone who served in 2008.

The ammo load outs for various formations are usually taken from some documentation or first hand reports. Occasionally they have to make educated guesses. Anyone that has sources for different ammo load outs can report them.

I was serving at that time, in Afghanistan. We didn't carry Carl Gs when/where I was but a tonne of LAWs to bust grape huts. I'll ask around.

Also 8 man section is absolute. Sometimes we were shorthanded, but most often not. Is the LAV commander considered a dismount?

Edited by DougPhresh

On 6/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, Vergeltungswaffe said:

The Canadian one is in the OP.

Sorry--I meant besides the Canadian and German (and USMC, which came at publication).

In other words, have the original UK and NATO campaigns been updated?

Edited by Holman

Seeing some weirdness in the first mission, some of my troops are named "Soviet Guards" for this updated campaign. Double checked that my SF2 is on the latest patch and i copied the campaign overtop of the previous one. This is on OSX btw.

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 3.00.50 PM.png

Edited by Thimble

22 hours ago, IanL said:

A subtle hint at "soviet canuckistan" perhaps :)

More likely a mod that changes strings that is designed for 2.01 version is still in your mod folder. Or an incorrect .brz file has made into your data folder.

I forgot to change permissions on the new files after patching, huzzah for OSX.

On 6/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, Thimble said:

Seeing some weirdness in the first mission, some of my troops are named "Soviet Guards" for this updated campaign. Double checked that my SF2 is on the latest patch and i copied the campaign overtop of the previous one. This is on OSX btw.

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 3.00.50 PM.png

I had this problem as well, but it was due to the modified strings.txt file included with my SLA mod. If you're running the mod, simply delete the strings.txt file in the SLA mod folder to fix the issue. When I get a chance, I will update the mod with a strings file that doesn't cause this issue. 

• 4 weeks later...