Error in uploading to The Proving Grounds II

So I figured out how to pretty much create a Scenario and put it on the Proving Grounds II.

One big problem is that when I upload or drag or drop the .btt file it gives me this....   

Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

So not sure what to do, as you need the .btt file which is the entire Scenario created.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James.

19 minutes ago, IanL said:

I'll let @Bootiecomment on if that is how he wants it to work but the typical solution to such a problem is to zip up the file and upload the .zip file. In Windows it is as simple as right clicking on the file in Explorer and selecting Send to | Compressed File.

Ah, great, I will try that when I get home.  See if that works, I saved the draft so should not be to hard.  Will post back with details if successful or not.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

I'll let @Bootiecomment on if that is how he wants it to work but the typical solution to such a problem is to zip up the file and upload the .zip file. In Windows it is as simple as right clicking on the file in Explorer and selecting Send to | Compressed File.

Ok so I tried Zipping it 3 different times and dropping it in there.  I use WinZip.  It has never failed me before so I am basically SOL when it comes to loading new files.  No idea what the issue is so the only way to load files is old school on the bloody forum.  Not ideal as it will never most likely get a lot of views or downloads.  I mean its why the Freaking Scenario Depot was created but for whatever reason its not happening.  So that's that.

10 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

So I figured out how to pretty much create a Scenario and put it on the Proving Grounds II.

One big problem is that when I upload or drag or drop the .btt file it gives me this....   

Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

1 hour ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

I mean its why the Freaking Scenario Depot was created but for whatever reason its not happening.  So that's that.

Hey, Ghost.  I was able to upload the scenario Coup D'etat just a few months ago to the Scenario Depot 3.  So it can work.  But I'm unsure where you are trying to upload to.  Up above you mention the Proving Grounds 2 and the Scenario Depot.  I was able to upload in the Scenario Depot 3.  Just want to make sure we're talking about the same place. 

Also I had in some additional notes that the Scenario Depot 3 did not seem to accept files from Dropbox.  When I tried moving files from Dropbox into the Media part of SD3 I think I got the same error message as you show up above.  It worked when I dragged and dropped the zipped file from my desktop to the SD3.    

Below are some of the notes I took when I uploaded the scenario to the Scenario Depot 3.  (So if you are actually trying for the Proving Grounds 2 it might work a little different)  There is more than one way to get it done.  Below is just the way I went about it through trial and error.  These first 7 steps, especially #5 and #6, might be relevant.    

1) Go to the Scenario Depot 3. 

2) Click on Upload Scenario.  (Located near the top of the page in the blue ribbon)

Note: The site displayed: WP-Filebase Pro requires a license key.  I ignored this.

Note:  Click on “Save Draft” (top right) to save your work occasionally.

The right column has two headings at the top: Document and Block.  Select Block.

3) Add Title – Click on Add Title (top center) and enter the title of the scenario.  

4) Click directly below the block that contains the title.  Type (or paste) the narrative.

5) Click Media and Add New (left column).

6) Drag & drop the scenario file, Word document briefing file & any Mod files.  

7) Click Posts (above media) and return to the Posts page.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Hey, Ghost.  I was able to upload the scenario Coup D'etat just a few months ago to the Scenario Depot 3.  So it can work.  But I'm unsure where you are trying to upload to.  Up above you mention the Proving Grounds 2 and the Scenario Depot.  I was able to upload in the Scenario Depot 3.  Just want to make sure we're talking about the same place. 

Also I had in some additional notes that the Scenario Depot 3 did not seem to accept files from Dropbox.  When I tried moving files from Dropbox into the Media part of SD3 I think I got the same error message as you show up above.  It worked when I dragged and dropped the zipped file from my desktop to the SD3.    

Below are some of the notes I took when I uploaded the scenario to the Scenario Depot 3.  (So if you are actually trying for the Proving Grounds 2 it might work a little different)  There is more than one way to get it done.  Below is just the way I went about it through trial and error.  These first 7 steps, especially #5 and #6, might be relevant.    

2) Click on Upload Scenario.  (Located near the top of the page in the blue ribbon)

Note: The site displayed: WP-Filebase Pro requires a license key.  I ignored this.

The right column has two headings at the top: Document and Block.  Select Block.

3) Add Title – Click on Add Title (top center) and enter the title of the scenario.  

4) Click directly below the block that contains the title.  Type (or paste) the narrative.

Hope that helps. 

Thank you MOS:96B2P for your assistance.  I did everything verbatim.   However whenever I try and drop anything... an image, the btt. file or the btt file zipped I get this.   " Http error 503 is a server side error, which means that the problem is not with your computer or internet connection, but with the website's server. You may however follow the steps given below to try and resolve the issue. The 503 error may occur if the website is facing temporary issues."

9 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Hope that helps. 

Probably my last post for awhile.  I spent over 4 hours with word press.  The file finally loaded, restarted computer.  However in when I went to review it for the 20th time or more... NO btt. file is to be seen in the preview.  Even after it successfully loaded.  Did exactly what you said, I must still be missing a step.,  I hate WordPress and its functionality, it is slow and cumbersome, but that is all they have.  

Dude, FFS chill.....You'll do yourself an injury!  ;)

You'd be way better off getting the scenario up on Dropbox so we can test it and give you some feedback (I'd be happy to host it if you don't have an account).....I'm confident @Bootie will get you sorted, but I suspect he has rather a lot on his plate (a whole hard-drive full of CM Content from @Erwin, if I recall correctly).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

CMS systems like Worldpress and Joomla have to be wary on file uploads due to potential for abuse by hackers - so zipping was wise thing to do.

Out the box bmp.csv.doc.gif.ico.jpg.jpeg.odg. files with a nominal file size limit set are normally cleared to be uploaded. A special overide exception for .btt files would need to set for scenario uploading.

Re. 503 general error 

The 503 service unavailable error occurs when your web server is unable to get a proper response from a PHP script. ... If the error is caused by heavy usage, a server glitch, or a DDoS attack, then it could automatically disappear in a few minutes.