Bug or Quirk: Sherman .50 cals

In an ongoing CMFB game (started since the patch) I've noticed that differently types of M4 tanks use their .50 caliber MGs differently. M4 (late) and M4A1 (late) types, which carry 300 rounds, fire their .50 cals if they're given a "Target Light" order and they're opened up. The only way to keep them from using up all their .50 cal ammo is to button them up. On the other hand, M4A3(75)Ws and Jumbos, which carry 600 rounds for their .50s, do NOT fire those weapons on "Target Light," even when the commanders are opened up. The only way I've found to get them to fire their .50s (in area fire) is to give them a full Target order. I don't know which of these behaviors is better, but it seems odd that it's different between models. Maybe this difference is deliberate, but I don't see any reason why it would be.

Edited by General Liederkranz