Evasion BUG

I started a new thread so as not to miss the determination on this matter first raised in this thread a month ago...

Is it working as intended in CMBN and simply a matter of becoming accustomed to this new normal?

Or, are more save games required before anything further can be determined?

Or, it is an issue and a corrective action is forthcoming?

At nine pages long, I felt a need to reset so as to not miss the official response. I've been known to miss a thing or two...

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Unless you have something to add, why start a new thread?

I'd hoped to add a single reference  of 'Evasion' and 'Bug' containing an 'offical' determination while keeping the page count to under one.

6 hours ago, General Liederkranz said:

Asked and answered. The link above is Steve's response to:

"Question:  Is the new "evade towards the enemy" behavior a bug that will be addressed by these patches coming soon too?  Or has this been addressed in a different thread?  Thank you."

To which Steve replied:

"Yup, that's been tweaked a bit as well.

Steve"

3 minutes ago, IanL said:

Asked and answered. The link above is Steve's response to:

"Question:  Is the new "evade towards the enemy" behavior a bug that will be addressed by these patches coming soon too?  Or has this been addressed in a different thread?  Thank you."

To which Steve replied:

"Yup, that's been tweaked a bit as well.

Steve"

Thanks. I missed this as I don't frequent the CMFI forum often as it's not a title I own.

I don't see it as a bug. If there is an explosion near you and you didn't know what it was or coming from you would just get out away from the spot  where it happened in at the time, wouldn't you? You're not going to stay there. Plus maybe concussion / scare triggers.

They sometimes appear to do it under direct small arms fire too, but as this can include rifle grenades and the like, it's hard to tell exactly what's going on.....Regardless, when I (repeatedly) played @MarkEzra's test map, my troops were rock solid, happily dying in place without doing anything extra-dumb, or TBH, even unusual.  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I think that is why Steve used the word tweaked. At any moment of stress the tac AI reserves the right to do something that *you*, the player, might think is dumb. It even reserves the right to do something that is objectively dumb :) But I believe Steve and Charles did not actually like how often it chose to do that in the new patch so they made adjustments.

To call it fixed might get players thinking that their pixel troops were going to read thier mind and do the right thing :D

Edited by IanL

11 hours ago, IanL said:

To call it fixed might get players thinking that their pixel troops were going to read thier mind and do the right thing :D

As long as stationary regular units run back an AS to be out of LOS when receiving small fire from known contacts in front of them - you can call it whatever you want. 😃

Seeing them commonly do cycles of forward and backward seemed off...

Do you know which titles are getting this tweak? I'm hoping it will be made available to both BS and SF2...