Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

On 6/26/2019 at 5:58 AM, Vergeltungswaffe said:

That looks pretty damn authentic.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, Combatintman said:

@37mmgood picture of my African village, have a like.

Well we can provide the tools...

...but, ultimately, it will be the scenario designers who will be the most important part in making Heaven & Earth a unique experience.

If there are any scenario designers interested in making a scenario (from tiny to huge), for the public release, then don't hesitate to PM me as the mod package is coming along well now.

I'm no scenario designer so I'll probably just contend myself to converting a few scenarios like Operation Barras.

This looks really good guys...impresive work indeed ! 👍

Maybe not totally related to this project...but it got me thinking...

In a campaign...would it be possible to use different mods(tags) for each individual battle ?

If possible it would be very cool to try and make sort of a special ops kind of a campaign at some time...With the whole world as a 'battleground'...

Using CMSF2 as a base...pick a 'spec ops' core force and then use various terrainmod tags to simulate missions in various parts of the world. 😁

CMSF2 for desert countries, this mod for asian (jungle) areas, maybe a terrain mod-pack copied from CMBS to use for 'western' areas...

Such i campaign would be very cool if it could be made 😎

Again...thank for your work on this asian project, guys...

3 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

In a campaign...would it be possible to use different mods(tags) for each individual battle ?

My understanding is that this is indeed possible as tags are imported at the individual scenario level.

Additionally, because this mod is so extensive, we'll have a pretty good idea of what can & can't be tagged when it is finished.

It seems certain, for instance, that I'll have to leave things like the initial splash screen & splash music untagged.

Edited by 37mm

Yup, that's my (limited) understanding too.....My learned colleague @37mm has created several tags for this mod, which I'm trying to learn to use correctly, so that you will genuinely be able to 'Rock 'em from the delta to the DMZ'.  ;)

PS - @37mm  Did you figure the Delta tag out yet?  (I'm guessing so from the video above)  If so I'll make some postcards of the new map. 

PPS - I'm gonna put out a shout to @dragonwynn here.....I know he was looking at making a North Korean campaign using CM:BS, but IMHO the tools we have here for the CM:SF2 engine would be much more suitable.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup, that's my (limited) understanding too.....My learned colleague @37mm has created several tags for this mod, which I'm trying to learn to use correctly, so that you will genuinely be able to 'Rock 'em from the delta to the DMZ'.  ;)

PS - @37mm  Did you figure the Delta tag out yet?  (I'm guessing so from the video above)  If so I'll make some postcards of the new map. 

PPS - I'm gonna put out a shout to @dragonwynn here.....I know he was looking at making a North Korean campaign using CM:BS, but IMHO the tools we have here for the CM:SF2 engine would be much more suitable.

Yep, if you check out the tagged options folder you will even see I created the tag txt files ready for importation.

PS

I've already reached out to @dragonwynn but he's not logged in for months. Hope he's okay or just having computer issues.

1 hour ago, sburke said:

just waiting for you guys to mod the FV 432....

M113.jpg

Initially, I did consider using some of those British vehicles but rejected the idea as modern Blue vehicles of the 21st Century come with thermals, pda's, optics & stuff like that.

However, thanks to your post, I've realized that I could just model swap it for something like a BTR-60PB.

I'm pretty certain @dpabrams camo'ed up a bunch of British vehicles for his Euroscape mod, so the idea would require virtually no work on my part.

Thanks for the input sburke.

Edited by 37mm

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

However, thanks to your post, I've realized that I could just model swap it for something like a BTR-60PB.

Noooooooo!  :(

Not the BTR.....Please!  I really, really like the BTR-70s. 

If it were a swap for an actual M113 model it might just about be worth it, but that is and always will be, a British FV.430 series.....If it were tagged, it wouldn't be a problem, but IMHO the current model swap for the BTR is already optimal.

Here's one I would be interested in.....Sand coloured HMG Jeep for DShK Technical.  B)

Could the CM:A Kamaz 4310 Truck with ZPU-23-2 be used to replace the ZPU Technical (again maybe with a neutral sand recolour)?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If it were tagged, it wouldn't be a problem, but IMHO the current model swap for the BTR is already optimal.

Here's one I would be interested in.....Sand coloured HMG Jeep for DShK Technical.  B)

Could the CM:A Kamaz 4310 Truck with ZPU-23-2 be used to replace the ZPU Technical (again maybe with a neutral sand recolour)?

Oh it will be a tagged option for a number of reasons (sounds, ground pressure differences, BTR's obviously fit better with the BMP's & T-55's/T-62's) however it will be a pretty iconic option for the "Imperial Cavalry".

As it happens, I'm going to go for the engineering YPR rather than the FV432... as that vehicle, for all intents & purposes, is an M113.

I had a number of swaps planned for the Technicals however the Kamaz 4310 one I'd never considered.

49 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

No just easy-peasy - I recognised the compound straight away, I lost count of the number of times I tested that mission before kicking it out of the doors.

I haven't had time to test the reimagining much... but it certainly feels different with the walls replaced by foilage, the lack of flat rooftops, the 'less than crack' non Brits & much more restrictive terrain (thanks to the boggy rice paddies) .

cm-shock-force-2-exe-Screenshot-2019-07-