Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

That's truly lovely mate!  B)

Can I grab a copy please?

PS - @Erwin's quite right, that map looks like it could be fought over several times without exhausting its possibilities.

PPS - You might have saved me some work for the 'if it all goes completely wrong' scenario for my mini-campaign (ie: the player fails all the various branches in succession).....I needed a biggish map without too many settlements and you just made one!  The synchronicity continues!  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

With BHIAF A-1 Skyraiders screaming overhead, the heroic survivors of Southwind Command resume the assault, taking out a communist bunker position:

W6UlpiV.jpg

Meanwhile on the opposite side of the map, the cavalry has arrived:

sGfaxDH.jpg

Will be needing a tester for this in due course, it all seems to be functioning as desired now (Red radios excepted of course).....Possibly now just a little bit too easy as it stands, but I'll only really make my mind up about that once I've captured all the objectives!  ;)  

PS - @37mm  It was definitely worth using Hind-Ds (Air Support, Heavy) for these particular Skyraiders.....The 250kg bombs are epic:

IX1Oayv.jpg

I think I like 'Operation Mardi Gras' again now!  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

@IanL I'm wondering if there may be a bug with the indicated time of arrival of Red aircraft with a TRP in CM:SF2? 

As I mentioned earlier, they were indicated as being due to arrive in 28 minutes, but they seemed to turn up a LOT sooner.....However I was so engrossed I didn't check. 

I've called them in again on one of the TRPs, so I'll see how long they actually take this time.

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@IanL I'm wondering if there may be a bug with the indicated time of arrival of Red aircraft with a TRP in CM:SF2? 

As I mentioned earlier, they were indicated as being due to arrive in 28 minutes, but they seemed to turn up a LOT sooner.....However I was so engrossed I didn't check. 

I've called them in again on one of the TRPs, so I'll see how long they actually take this time.

I am unaware of such a bug... Just checked nothing known.

Let me know if you can reproduce it. 28 minute delay seems very long to me too BTW.

Just now, IanL said:

28 minute delay seems very long to me too BTW.

That's about typical for Red air with a TRP.....However on both occasions it seemed to arrive sooner (& on both occasions I failed to notice exactly when as I had my headphones off).  :rolleyes:

I have to do some more work on the scenario and will then test it again, so I'll be sure to make a note of the exact timings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 10:20 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

28 minutes is consistent with what I saw with Ap Bac and the other scenario that unfortunately got killed by the 'don't run away' patch.  Both had TRPs and the 'dead' scenario for sure had them called onto a TRP on the bridge.  I think the issue is that in reality you are using Syrian air and that is why it takes a while.

18 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I think the issue is that in reality you are using Syrian air and that is why it takes a while.

No disagreement there, but my point was that they seemed to turn up a lot sooner than that.....I still haven't got round to testing it again, but I'll keep a proper log next time. 

TBH it would only be the work of minutes to make and run a test scenario, but I'm already messing with too many things at once.

• 1 month later...