Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

7 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That shouldn't only be for the townies mate.....So I'm making you a new 'countryside residence' for these wonderful items, it's called 'The Hill'.  :ph34r:

The [burnt] tag can be used anywhere... I'm hoping 0.92 will be ready soon, perhaps even later tonight, then you can review the changes yourself.

Sweet.....I want to get that brick building placed on a few of my maps and I'm itching to try out the tags too.

We should have quite a wide spectrum of terrain before too long.....I was surprised at how different the former 'Lair' map looked from its parent with just a change of tag, a few terrain tweaks and some bending of the elevations here & there.  B)

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

We should have quite a wide spectrum of terrain before too long.....I was surprised at how different the former 'Lair' map looked from its parent with just a change of tag, a few terrain tweaks and some bending of the elevations here & there.  B)

That's the idea... compare say Hit & Run (default, no tags) with the Boondocks ([Boonies] & [mountains] tags) or One Street at a time ([ikke] & armed locals tag).

Thing is, I don't think they should be there, something has got swapped incorrectly I reckon.....The guys went to a lot of effort with the voice files, this is a really comprehensive mod, I just can't emphasize that enough!  I went for a separate install because it feels like a separate game.

@37mm  Thought you might want to investigate.....The anomalous sound file appears to originate with the swapped out truck in @Aquila-CM's video.

Here's a preview of the current iteration of the mod in action courtesy of @Aquila-CM:

PS - Worth noting that this video really shows CM:SF2's Spies utter reluctance to perform buddy-aid.....I really wanted to have Clark Griswold running around with a Kalashnikov, but it just doesn't seem to happen in the new game (the original CM:SF & CM:A's Spies are avid gun collectors).  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

7 hours ago, 37mm said:

If the arabic sounded a bit like "Hara, hara, hara"... then that was fixed in 0.92.

That's the one.  B)

31 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Put's my own little video to shame...

Dude.....Yours has a Pibber!  :o

And you made it sink!  :o

That rocks!  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 9/28/2019 at 7:35 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

PS - Worth noting that this video really shows CM:SF2's Spies utter reluctance to perform buddy-aid.....I really wanted to have Clark Griswold running around with a Kalashnikov, but it just doesn't seem to happen in the new game (the original CM:SF & CM:A's Spies are avid gun collectors).  :unsure:

Yep.  It seems the ability of spies to do Buddy Aid was removed.  I have attempted it repeatedly in a WIP scenario and I can't get it to work.  I'm afraid my below linked post may have unintentionally lead to said removal. :(   I thought it was a useful ability for scenario designers.....   

Edit to add - Click on the MOS:96B2P replied to a topic below to be taken to the actual post.  Clicking in a different spot will often take you to the opening post of a very long thread. 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

11 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1.  Now that's a first for CM.  A patrol boat that moves, shoots and can be sunk.  Wow.   

Not entirely accurate.

I always planned to have a Riverine element in H&E... but the new models, combined with the Jungle terrain & ambience, should make that element a lot more immersive than I originally envisioned.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:01 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

Yep.  It seems the ability of spies to do Buddy Aid was removed.  I have attempted it repeatedly in a WIP scenario and I can't get it to work.  I'm afraid my below linked post may have unintentionally lead to said removal. :(   I thought it was a useful ability for scenario designers..... 

It was and IMHO, still would be.

@Battlefront.com.....Is there a chance you might reconsider on this? 

Same goes for the T-72M1V(2001) while we're at it.....It's no more inappropriate than the T-90SA.

PS - Some Uncon Breach Teams would be good too!  :P