Jump to content

Steppenwulf's Modded Flavour Objects for SF2


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd open a new thread for previews of Steppenwulf's modded flavour objects for SF2. I'm going to open one for Black Sea also, over time I'll cross port all stuff (where applicable) for both ga

Nice. Blimey had a some rusted BMP and soviet truck hulks made a long time ago but they never got released. Problem is they don't function like real vehicles for blocking incoming. I've made a few sug

No worries. To whet the appetite, I'll post screenshots of more of my flavour mods within the next week or so.  As soon as CM Mods 4 is active, there'll be a stream of my work being uploaded. First

13 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

I prefer the first one seem to be more real appropriate color for the desert ! (Farbe sieht besser aus) !

I've seen pics of the temperate colour in use in arid region (perhaps Afghan?), though I agree for use of these objects in SF2, the desert shade is the most appropriate.

On a similar note, I've also seen pics of Ukranian forces using Hesco barrriers very recently ... so perhaps the temperate texture version can go in the Black Sea flavour package?! US forces would feasibly have shipped them into Ukraine, even in Black Sea's fictional politico-military context?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Steppenwulf said:

I've seen pics of the temperate colour in use in arid region (perhaps Afghan?), though I agree for use of these objects in SF2, the desert shade is the most appropriate.

On a similar note, I've also seen pics of Ukranian forces using Hesco barrriers very recently ... so perhaps the temperate texture version can go in the Black Sea flavour package?! US forces would feasibly have shipped them into Ukraine, even in Black Sea's fictional politico-military context?!

This is what I was thinking the grey-sand colour for the desert mode and the "ocher green" for the "European Russian" landscapes !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Steppenwulf said:

I agree for use of these objects in SF2, the desert shade is the most appropriate.

perhaps the temperate texture version can go in the Black Sea flavour package?! US forces would feasibly have shipped them into Ukraine, even in Black Sea's fictional politico-military context?!

Scenario designers will use both the desert and temperate mod in both game titles.  One of the interesting things about third party scenarios is the ability to leave the official story line.  In this way we get cool scenarios set in different countries, on different continents and in slightly different time periods. 

What might be useful is if a base mod Heco barrier was placed in an open flavor object slot (say the desert one).  Then a tagged temperate Hesco barrier was made that could replace the desert Hesco barrier when the tag was used.  Or something like that....

Thanks for all your hard work on this.  :)    

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sburke said:

 One flavor item we got in CMSF that I wish worked better are the concrete road barriers. What I think I’ll end up looking for is a mod that makes a low wall look like a concrete barrier so it functions better and then use the flavor object barrier just to add some variability in placement.

Concrete barriers are only in Black Sea right? Is this what you mean because they can be added no problem if it's felt that they have a place in the Syrian theatre? 

What sort of concrete barrier are you referring to though?

In the first pic below is the stock barrier in Black Sea, 2 & 3 flavour objects in my pack are simple length extensions of the barrier (for use as highway central res), 4 is planned to be included as a military style road barrier (these are perhaps limited to Russia/Ukraine theatre?, I've not seen any pics of them elsewhere, but could be wrong!)

fo-barrier-1.png


And 2, 3 & 4....


fo-barrier-2-4.png
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

What might be useful is if a base mod Heco barrier was placed in an open flavor object slot (say the desert one).  Then a tagged temperate Hesco barrier was made that could replace the desert Hesco barrier when the tag was used.  Or something like that..

Yes I agree, definitely the way to go with this and one small option problem solved! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Nice work but, Hescos are filled with sand, rocks and dirt generally so to make your models more realistic I would change the colour of the tops of your Hesco models to a colour that best reflects those materials.

Unfortunately there are no bump textures for flavour objects, which without, will not provide the desired effect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have had a step change in environmental and vehicle modelling, which is down to @sbobovyc and @Aquila-CM 🙂 but I think it is important to have solidity to these flavour objects, particularly like  roadblocks and Hesco bastions; if they offer no cover they will not work - we can accept this in a roadsign or wrecked car, but not in something more substantial.  I noted the idea of using invisible objects inside the barriers for this, but I haven't tried it myself yet. Go Fort Hesco!   I am sure John Carpenter will want to make a film about it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Concrete barriers are only in Black Sea right? Is this what you mean because they can be added no problem if it's felt that they have a place in the Syrian theatre? 

What sort of concrete barrier are you referring to though?

In the first pic below is the stock barrier in Black Sea, 2 & 3 flavour objects in my pack are simple length extensions of the barrier (for use as highway central res), 4 is planned to be included as a military style road barrier (these are perhaps limited to Russia/Ukraine theatre?, I've not seen any pics of them elsewhere, but could be wrong!)

no they are in CMSF 2 as well. They are item 3 under the air conditioners

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sburke said:

no they are in CMSF 2 as well. They are item 3 under the air conditioners

I think that may be with @Pete Wenman's Black Sea to Shock Force 2 flavor object transfer mod.  Where he took objects from Black Sea and added them to some of the empty slots in CMSF2.  Vanilla CMSF2 only has Aircon slots #1 & #2 filled.  IIRC Aircon #3 through #9 were added by Pete.  So Aircon #3 is a concrete barrier if you have Pete's BS to SF2 flavor objects.  I think he transferred 30+ flavor objects from BS to SF2.  And, of course, all the cool kids have it.  :D   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I think that may be with @Pete Wenman's Black Sea to Shock Force 2 flavor object transfer mod.  Where he took objects from Black Sea and added them to some of the empty slots in CMSF2.  Vanilla CMSF2 only has Aircon slots #1 & #2 filled.  IIRC Aircon #3 through #9 were added by Pete.  So Aircon #3 is a concrete barrier if you have Pete's BS to SF2 flavor objects.  I think he transferred 30+ flavor objects from BS to SF2.  And, of course, all the cool kids have it.  :D   

ahh good point

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Nice signs.  Don't forget to weather dirt em up - bullet holes etc.  Can they be made bent out of shape?

Weathering and bullet-holes are easy - that's  just painting on the .bmp. I did try to bend a stovepipe, but it didn't work out well, but I suspect now it is a solvable problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JulianJ said:

Weathering and bullet-holes are easy - that's  just painting on the .bmp. I did try to bend a stovepipe, but it didn't work out well, but I suspect now it is a solvable problem.

That's good.  When I was in the ME (and frankly in many rural parts of the US) road signs do not enjoy a happy life and are very abused, shot up, scratched and dirty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...