Ok. All I need now are the Germans! Anybody? So close yet not quite there. If I get a list for the Germs I could have this hopefully wrapped up in a week (as long as the portrait designs cooperate)!

Mord.

14 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure_of_the_German_Army

These will do nicely. There's enough info there to tell me what I need to know. Thanks!

@BarendJanNL and thanks again to you for your help.

Mord.

Well that shows you how long this can take. I spent about four hours today just creating the German list (seeing what I could actually use in game), saving pics for their battalions, and hunting down all the Dutch battalion insignia. Never even got to prepping them (deleting backgrounds, shrinking, positioning etc.). I am done for the day. I am too burnt to try and do anything major. I'd spend time making pics tonight then hate them tomorrow and end up redoing them. 

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS S*** IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MUTHER F***ER!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! GODD&%$ MU&^$% F%$#IN' SUMB*&$#IN'BA^%$#@S!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Anyway, thanks again, guys.

Mord.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:45 PM, Mord said:

Americans are from America, British are from Britain, Germans are from Germany, Japanese are from Japan, Chinese are from China, Russians are from Russia, Irish are from Ireland, Scottish are from Scotland, Turkish are from Turkey, Iraqi are from Iraq, Syrians are from Syria etc. etc. across the world...and yet the Dutch are from Holland. What makes them so MFin' special? This has stuck in my craw for years. I am settin' things right. They are playing by my rules now.

The HOLLISH are from Holland.

Mord.

Holland is okay. I live there. 🙂

Americans are from America, British are from Britain, Germans are from Germany, Japanese are from Japan, Chinese are from China, Russians are from Russia, Irish are from Ireland, Scottish are from Scotland, Turkish are from Turkey, Iraqi are from Iraq, Syrians are from Syria etc. etc. across the world...and yet the Dutch are from Holland. What makes them so MFin' special? This has stuck in my craw for years. I am settin' things right. They are playing by my rules now.

Mord.

The term 'dutch' is from Germanic origin and means 'people'. I agree it's very confusing for foreigners. Hollish doesn't sound too bad.

Mord.

The term 'dutch' is from Germanic origin and means 'people'. I agree it's very confusing for foreigners. Hollish doesn't sound too bad.

Mord.

The term 'dutch' is from Germanic origin and means 'people'. I agree it's very confusing for foreigners. Hollish doesn't sound too bad. 😀

2 hours ago, sburke said:

rotflamo  We DO appreciate the effort Mord.  Sorry when I woke you from your mystical slumber, I didn't realize the enormity of the task. 😉

Suddenly I imagine Mord as that dragon in his palace in the movie 'The Hobbit'...Remember that eye opening?

Edited by Aragorn2002

3 hours ago, sburke said:

I didn't realize the enormity of the task. 😉

Nor I. JeeezUS! One minute I get happy, then frustrated, then depressed, then discouraged, then satisfied, then frustrated again! I feel like a teenage girl with a pimple on prom night! I actually laid down the first test pics for this f***er last August! Being so close is wearing on me. I needed to vent the pressure in my mushy brain!

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Ya gotta watch that "burn-out" Mord and take a break.

Oh, I have! More so on this mod than any other. I just came back to it after not touching it since May. The worst part about starting a brand new "from scratch" portraits mod is all the excessive prep work that happens before a single portrait gets made. But at least it's a one time affair. I was so frustrated last night I guess I blew up on my keyboard. Had some sleep so I am back at it.

@Aragorn2002, did you have a stroke in the middle of posting? LOL.

Mord.

9 hours ago, Mord said:

Well that shows you how long this can take. I spent about four hours today just creating the German list (seeing what I could actually use in game), saving pics for their battalions, and hunting down all the Dutch battalion insignia. Never even got to prepping them (deleting backgrounds, shrinking, positioning etc.). I am done for the day. I am too burnt to try and do anything major. I'd spend time making pics tonight then hate them tomorrow and end up redoing them. 

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS S*** IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MUTHER F***ER!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! GODD&%$ MU&^$% F%$#IN' SUMB*&$#IN'BA^%$#@S!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Anyway, thanks again, guys.

Mord.

IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAA! MUTHER F***ER!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GODD&%$ MU&^$% F%$#IN' SUMB*&$#IN'BA^%$#@S!!!!!!!!!!!

Mord.

You arE making someTimes very strAnge mOd my frieNd... ;)

Stay calm  ⏳   and drink fresh !!!!  💦

Edited by 3j2m7

18 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAA! MUTHER F***ER!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GODD&%$ MU&^$% F%$#IN' SUMB*&$#IN'BA^%$#@S!!!!!!!!!!!

Mord.

You arE making someTimes very strAnge mOd my frieNd... ;)

Stay calm  ⏳   and drink fresh !!!!  💦

I don't think the lack of drinking is Mord's problem...

My problem is my abilities outweigh my ambitions! If I had better artistic capabilities I'd get less frustrated. Manipulation is far inferior compared to actual drawing skills. I'll make a portrait that looks great but then the next couple will look less and less like they are a cohesive set of pictures. It drives me f***in' crazy! One day I'll feel like I have finally hit a level of skill that I am proud of and the next my incompetence butt rapes me into depression. It's humbling and soul sucking. I've spent almost a year on this b**** and I am only gonna be about 65% happy with it when it's done. But I can't keep redoing everything or It'll never end. I am in a self-created HELL!!!!!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

17 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I don't think the lack of drinking is Mord's problem...

This is far away my meaning with my comment Aragorn2002, and you know how I mean when I make a joke, ...believe me when I want say something bad about somebody I can do It also in the right way...

The problem is, He want to be perfect and make his job as quick as possible, for the good of the community, but He has to thinking also to himself stay calm to do his things and drink fresher WATER of course with a smile between his teeth...  but He know also how I mean when I make a joke :)

16 minutes ago, Mord said:

My problem is my abilities outweigh my ambitions! If I had better artistic capabilities I'd get less frustrated. Manipulation is far inferior compared to actual drawing skills. I'll make a portrait that looks great but then the next couple will look less and less like they are a cohesive set of pictures. It drives me f***in' crazy! One day I'll feel like I have finally hit a level of skill that I am proud of and the next my incompetence butt rapes me into depression. It's humbling and soul sucking. I've spent almost a year on this b**** and I am only gonna be about 65% happy with it when it's done. But I can't keep redoing everything or It'll never end. I am in a self-created HELL!!!!!

Mord.

This is why we love you Mord ... ;) Pardon Lord Mord ...

Edited by 3j2m7

4 hours ago, Mord said:

Mord.

Is it worth such agony?

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Is it worth such agony?

No. Yes. Maybe. But I can't get better if I don't suffer. It's the nature of artistic endeavors I suppose. I've written off and on all my life and it invokes the same madness! Always in search of a perfect sentence or turn of phrase. But I can manipulate words 100 times better than I can bmps*. Only problem is, words don't make CM portraits! Modding is a disease and the only cure for it is to do it, for better or worse.

Mord.

*Grammar not withstanding.

34 minutes ago, Mord said:

No. Yes. Maybe. But I can't get better if I don't suffer. It's the nature of artistic endeavors I suppose. I've written off and on all my life and it invokes the same madness! Always in search of a perfect sentence or turn of phrase. But I can manipulate words 100 times better than I can bmps*. Only problem is, words don't make CM portraits! Modding is a disease and the only cure for it is to do it, for better or worse.

Mord.

*Grammar not withstanding.

Relax you man your job is perfect enough for us you don't have to searching the perfection, is a game and a little mistake that you (could do in the portraits) will not be visible from us you are constantly of your nerve try to give you a certain limite to arrive to your perfection...

On 7/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, 3j2m7 said:

and a little mistake that you (could do in the portraits) will not be visible from us

Thanks. But it's not little imperfections that drive me crazy it's the portraits looking like they are from multiple different design aesthetics instead of a cohesive set. It's a constant battle that I lose more than win.

Mord.

Edited by Mord