I hope this Is not a New Bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcda7CEvCJk&feature=youtu.be

Here is the top view line of sight , the mg team does spot Americans in the bldg 20m to the left and 175m beyond the Panther, but he consistently attacks the panther exsposed commander, its not a random acciedntal burst.

So 3 issues i see here.

What the heck is the mg team doing?

Why doesnt the commander button up sooner?

I thought friendly bullets cause no harm?

Edited by weapon2010

2 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

So 3 issues i see here.

What the heck is the mg team doing?

Yeah that's not right

Why doesnt the commander button up sooner?

Probably because his side should not be shooting at him - see above - and friendly bullets cause no harm - see blow

I thought friendly bullets cause no harm?

Also not right.

Do you have a saved game of this?

IMHO that MG team isn't firing at the Panther, it's firing at the infantry contact.....They're just bloody awful shots (-2 Leadership)!  :D

I suspect @Xorg_Xalargsky may well be correct about a ricochet causing the damage (I've seen friendly fire in Iron Mode, but small arms fire never seemed to have any effect on the recipients).....Do you have a view from the Panther's end?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I've had infantry teams open up on each other at about 50 yards while testing Coup d'Etat, no casualties were suffered.   I don't recall what happened with their suppression meter TBH.....I believe @MOS:96B2P either witnessed it, or may recall me mentioning it at the time.

Some of the early Red vs Red CM:SF1 scenarios specifically warn you about the risk of friendly fire in their briefings, especially when using low-quality troops in conditions of limited visibility. 

I believe this applies to vehicles, including tanks, too and those fellas really can wreck your whole day!  :o

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead