Jump to content

Patches for the 4.0 Upgrades are now available


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The Emcha was with them until the end:

dbzhhc2-232081a3-695b-4f8c-9361-36b53c56

And then there's all the trucks!  ;)

 

We were talking about the Valentine. I don't think it would be quite valid on the frontline during the module's timeframe. I'm pretty giddy for the Emchas, though.

Anyway, that was a pretty nice hint, Elvis!

Edited by Frenchy56
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A 90mm HE from M36 hit a house with a squad of pioneers, they didn't quickly run outside like they did before. Instead, they slowly retreated to the 1st floor of the house. This is an improvement, IMH

My US infantry just got shelled to death in place.....WooYay! 

Very good. 

Posted Images

This is excellent. It looks like some other small things have been fixed too--I notice there are no more extra "assistants" in CMFB VG squads, and the anachronistic M1919A6s in the CMFI Troina campaign have been replaced by M1919A4s. Like with the SVT fix, it's nice to be reminded that the developers are noting problems reported on the boards and fixing them, even when we don't know it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

VERSION REQUIREMENT
This v2.01 "Game Engine 4" Upgrade of Combat Mission: Red Thunder requires you to have a working copy of Combat Mission: Black Sea installed AND PATCHED TO v1.01 or later.

I do have CMBS installed but I think this is a little typo in the CMRT patch installer :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question regarding the CMBS v4 patch.  I downloaded the CMBS patch from the link in Elvis' first post but it appears point to v2.11 of CMBS which I think has been out for a while.  In looking at the dates on the exe files for each of the games show a mid to late April date for all of them but CMBS.  The CMBS exe date if from February 2019 for me.   Did I do something wrong, or is the wrong update being pointed to in the link or is there no update needed for CMBS?

Thanks
Mike

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeSinn said:

Quick question regarding the CMBS v4 patch.  I downloaded the CMBS patch from the link in Elvis' first post but it appears point to v2.11 of CMBS which I think has been out for a while.  In looking at the dates on the exe files for each of the games show a mid to late April date for all of them but CMBS.  The CMBS exe date if from February 2019 for me.   Did I do something wrong, or is the wrong update being pointed to in the link or is there no update needed for CMBS?

Thanks
Mike

If I'm not mistaken, CMBS v2.10 was the update that came out with the Battle Pack. v2.11 is the new engine patch, so you should be running the most up to date version. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

If I'm not mistaken, CMBS v2.10 was the update that came out with the Battle Pack. v2.11 is the new engine patch, so you should be running the most up to date version. 

Correct. The final build for CMBS did happen a little earlier than the rest - just the way the testing ball bounces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

and I start my shock Force v1 and now its asking for a license again?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8ry60guq8kncp39/windows10update.jpg

 

looks like Windows 10 is at it again. all my licenses are not working.

I haven't changed a thing except that windows 10 update on friday 03052019.

 

 

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

they say CM2? I don't understand what I'm patching?

That's right all the CM2 games got a patch (except CMA). CMSF got its patch earlier but all the others were released at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

and I start my shock Force v1 and now its asking for a license again?

Humm the new patches should not have effected the old licensing system - I think you will need to contact support for that.

Side question - why run Shock Force v 1.x any more?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about patching.  I've applied the CMRT 2 Engine 4 patch to get me from v2.0 to v2.1.  However, I'm now unable to open a saved game from the previous version...  To be clear, a game saved during planning phase and not a PBEM file where a movie is launching.

The behavior is that the load screen progresses to 25% and then the app crashes and I'm back to my desktop.  Initially I not re-activated with my licence but the experience is the same once I did re-activate.

Is this something people have seen before?  What's the recommendation?  Uninstall and reinstall?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IanL said:

Humm the new patches should not have effected the old licensing system - I think you will need to contact support for that.

Side question - why run Shock Force v 1.x any more?

because I can. I'm getting 501 errors now too, for can not contact the server for license? WTF? over? 

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Migo441 said:

Question about patching.  I've applied the CMRT 2 Engine 4 patch to get me from v2.0 to v2.1.  However, I'm now unable to open a saved game from the previous version...  To be clear, a game saved during planning phase and not a PBEM file where a movie is launching.

CMRT v2.01 I suspect. That is the recommended way to migrate a game to a newer version.

 

4 minutes ago, Migo441 said:

The behavior is that the load screen progresses to 25% and then the app crashes and I'm back to my desktop.  Initially I not re-activated with my licence but the experience is the same once I did re-activate.

That's not cool. License activation should have nothing to do with this. Can you share the file with us - to see if someone else can open it.

 

4 minutes ago, Migo441 said:

Is this something people have seen before?  What's the recommendation?  Uninstall and reinstall?

Rarely. I think back in the 1.x days there were a few saves that did not migrate with patches. I have seen it but it is rare. I have ported over hundreds of saved games and PBEM turns with success for the vast vast majority. Sorry you hit a problem.

If this is not resolvable you can have two version of the game installed. Run the v2.00 install and point it to a different directory and then you have both versions installed and you can finish that game on the old version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

because I can. I'm getting 501 errors now too, for can not contact the server for license? WTF? over? 

LOL roger that. Licensing issues need professional help - no ne here has access to the servers or the knowledge to help with a server side error like that.

Edited by IanL
Link to post
Share on other sites

My God, installing patches manually is so... decades old. I installed the patch, everything seemed fine, CMFB updated from v2.00 to v2.01. But now the list of battles and campaigns are both empty when I go there... sigh. I guess I will just have to reinstall the whole game again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSj said:

My God, installing patches manually is so... decades old. I installed the patch, everything seemed fine, CMFB updated from v2.00 to v2.01. But now the list of battles and campaigns are both empty when I go there... sigh. I guess I will just have to reinstall the whole game again.

Annoying indeed. Did the same, but everything is working just fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Annoying indeed. Did the same, but everything is working just fine.

Well really you just need to extract the files somewhere and overwrite your old game files. Now the question is why use an installer when you could just use a compressed file for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

Well really you just need to extract the files somewhere and overwrite your old game files. Now the question is why use an installer when you could just use a compressed file for that.

Well yes, but problems are not always avoidable. I wouldn't be too hasty with a new install of the entire game though. Check your scenarios and campaigns map first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I wouldn't be too hasty with a new install of the entire game though. Check your scenarios and campaigns map first.

I did a new install, and it went smoothly. Everything works now. By the way, when doing a new install, do you need to install all patches again, or can you skip some? I installed the CMFB base game, then 1.02, then the 2.00 upgrade, and finally the current 2.01. Could I have skipped some of these installs? Could I have gone from the base game directly to 2.00, for instance?

Also, are there newer, updated install files for the base game available with some patches integrated, or is the base game installer the same as when the game was released? I did this from an old install file for the base game that I had saved on my computer.

Edited by JSj
Link to post
Share on other sites

Main point of an updated install is that all the .brz files of the base game and updates are in the Data subfolder. The .brz files have a version number in their filename. The game should give an error message in the main menu when a .brz file is missing (but I suspect this error-checking is not 100%).

Example: If you see "Data\Normandy v312.brz" then you can be sure that the patch data of the CM Normandy v3.12 patch is in place.

Besides that there should be the latest executable, which identifies itself by the version number shown in the main menu.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...