New Afghanistan inspired campaign: Valleys of Death

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After months in the making, I have finally completed my campaign Valleys of Death. It turned our to be quite an ambitious project, with 11 missions! The campaign revolves around a US Army light i

@Bigsocrates - there is a folder called (helpfully) Campaigns - bung it in there mate.  The filepath goes something like this: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2

Mission 2 done - 3 wounded , 0 dead and all intact. Up for mission 3   i wanna say - this gameplay and the style of coup d’etat really really embodies the possibilities and imagination of th

I had great fun with this campaign. Every single mission offered up, at least a handful, of those moments of tension that keeps me coming back to Combat Mission. Some missions seemed droll at first glance, but they all ended up offering great and immersive experiences. To top it all off, it all feels very grounded and realistic.

The campaign also manages very well to tell a story. I think having all but two missions play out on the same map helps greatly with that. Strangely enough, watching pixeltruppen crest a ridge, becomes more interesting when that ridge has been crested before. When there's occassion for me to project my own memories of casualties inflicted by the enemy onto my pixellated platoons.

Thanks for letting us play! I hope you got as much enjoyment out of making this campaign as I got from playing it.

Spoiler follows, highlight to read: That RPG in the epilogue mission was a great touch.

Edited by hundtand
Fixing the spoiler marking, etc.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, puje said:

Right now I'm working on a campaign for 37mm's Vietnam mod. I can't spend as much times on it as I did on this campaign, but I hope I can somewhat live up to the reviews of Valleys.

You knocked that sucker well & truly outta the park mate!

@puje's 'Year Of The Rat' campaign for CM:SF2 'Heaven & Earth' is available here:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Started playing though - I'm only three missions in and already had to come here to say how well done this is!

Being rather burnt out on "shock and awe" from the official campaigns and majority of scenarios - this is a breath of fresh air!

Never has poking your head over the crest of a hill as BLUFOR has been so tense! The fewer assets you have, the more you care about them.