Anyone have Kieme's Modular Buildings Add On Pack

I just discovered that the file for "Kieme_s_Modular_Buildings_Add_On_Pack.rar" at Green as Jade's is corrupt and missing a dozen modular 12 .bmp files from slot 12. And I don't see the file available at "the few good men" site either. All of my archive files (3), have the same issue of a bad check sum and using 7-Zip or WinRAR only produces seven .bmp files for building slot 12.

In the More than 8 modular building textures not working consistently thread, Macisle posted a screen pic of that modular building 12 slot showing the full 19 .bmp files. All of my copies of Kieme's Modular Building add-on pack downloaded over time are corrupt. In the linked discussion with Macisle, it is noted that if one of the Kieme's modular .bmp files is missing or corrupt, then the game engine will ignore all of them. I'm not certain if that was meant as all of the modular buildings (ex. slots 10, 11, and 12), or if in this case it would translate to just modular slot 12 with (19 .bmp's) that would be ignored. So perhaps I've never even see the end product. Yeah, I know... If it ain't broke don't fix it does come to mind. :unsure:

Never the less, I would appreciate anyone's assistance getting a working copy of that archive file.

Edited by bweiss

Thanks Vergeltungswaffe, it's close but unfortunately while Kieme used many of the original CMRT modular building textures to do the CMBS modular he also updated them with more modern aspects that don't fit in well with the RT era. Not sure about the file structure either since I don't have/use CMBS.

The issue is the 12 bmp files I'm missing from slot 12 of his CMRT modular building add-on mod which causes my 10, 11, 12, slot modular to show up mismatched just as in the pic Macisle posted. In that discussion it is said one missing texture in one slot will cause the game to ignore all of them but mine show up. Perhaps a result of Engine 4 V2?

It's not really that terrible looking. A casual user might not even notice the differences in texture match, but now that I know mine doesn't show as intended it'll keep gnawing at me.

Appreciate the linkage, turns out page 23 of that thread has a trove of Kieme's BS mods. Many of which I'm using in RT. :)

Edited by bweiss

• 3 weeks later...

Oh thank goodness Erwin. I appreciate that very much. I've been attempting to round up all the mods out there for BN, RT, and FI. Finding that a bit more challenging than I originally suspected. Seems the old CMMODS site requires some clever though not complicated thought in searching the right key word before the desired mods pop out, and the excellent CMMODS IV site does not as yet have all the goodies on display. Worse, most all the older forum links for eye candy are of course out of date, save for those Cloud folders. Ugg, what a mess. Still perseverance has paid off and I've managed to find most of what I wanted or needed. Yap, yap, yap... Anyway, thanks guys for helping me out.

And yes, Verge that is a good thread. I'm using a bunch of BS stuff for RT. It's just that some of the newer buildings stuff for BS has more modern architectural features not so good for 1940's RT, but the BS terrain is outstanding for the WWII era.

• 2 years later...
On 5/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, Erwin said:

I have Kieme_s_Modular_Buildings_Add_On_Pack in my Z folder.  Have sent all the mods I have to Bootie for CMMODS IV - so you should be able to get it soon.  

Hi Erwin,

Bootie hasn't uploaded these yet, he's got masses to do, so wonder if you can stick them in a DropBox folder or somesuch - the ones still on CMMODs III are broke as @bweiß noted back a while. Do you also happen to have Tanks a Lot's CMRT Big Barn 1 - same problem, the file on CMMODs III is corrupted. Once I've grabbed them I'm happy to host them until Bootie gets to them. 

When you have a minute it would be greatly appreciated!

We need to come up with a title for you - the mod oracle, moddoracle, moddapedia, modiack ...

If you can host a dropbox, I can try and upload a few items to that.  But, am not set-up to become another repository.  That's why everything was sent to Bootie (on a portable HD cos the mods amounted to something like half a TB!).

Send me PM with your dropbox AC.

52 minutes ago, Erwin said:

If you can host a dropbox, I can try and upload a few items to that.  But, am not set-up to become another repository.  That's why everything was sent to Bootie (on a portable HD cos the mods amounted to something like half a TB!).

Send me PM with your dropbox AC.

PM sent - Ta!

54 minutes ago, bweiß said:

Hmm, lemme see. Modharaja, Ra the Sun Mod, or Moda hari maybe.

I'll call him Mod Almighty if he can make those available. Been ages since I figured out I lost them somehow. 😊

Hah! Let's see - I'm gonna set up a folder for Erwin to drop a few files into then I can share those for now until Bootie gets to them - poor fella does it all on his own.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:16 PM, bweiß said:

Oh thank goodness FOR Erwin

My bold!

Young fella came through for us and delivered Kieme_s_Modular_Buildings_Add_On_Pack to my DropBox.

I've moved it over to GoogleDrive, which is a bit more resilient in case there's a rush for it 😉 You can grab it here

All praise to his most highest Mod Almighty Ewrin, Grand Keeper of the Modlapedia.

Also Big Barn mod uploaded to Lucky. 

It would be great if there was a way to simply host the 0.5 TB of mods so that anyone could access em on a "buyer beware" basis.  Bootie has been doing a huge amount of work to examine them first to make sure they still work with the latest versions of the various games.  But, it's impossible to do that without a full-time team that as there are so many.  I know that I cannot even keep up with what is still working and what no longer works.  

Now if all the Forum contributors decided to check out a hundred mods each, that maybe could get done relatively efficiently.

Edited by Erwin

26 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Now if all the Forum contributors decided to check out a hundred mods each, that maybe could get done relatively efficiently.

Maybe there's something we could all do - I'm more than happy to check out some mods - practically doing it all the time anyway. Perhaps it's worth having a chat with Bootie and seeing if you can gather together a team - as you say a few at a time is not a real hardship considering all the work that goes into making the mods and the hosting of them, community effort and all that stuff.

17 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Interesting to see that Kieme paid a visit to the forum on May 18th.

He did, and I believe he made some new mods fairly recently. He @Kieme(ITA) probably has these kicking around somewhere as well - let's see. I don't think it's possible to fix the files on CMMODS III anymore. This'll do for a stopgap, I got plenty of space in one place or another to host them for now .