Euroscape mod

2 hours ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

isn't there a Euroscape mod that could replace the Syrian army with Russians? if so where can I find it?

Here ye go... This was for CMSF 1 not sure about CMSF 2 usability??  https://www.dropbox.com/s/msbshxjgy07vf2i/Euroscape.rar?dl=0

All of the scenario contents should be relative... if not, might be some for experimenting included.

Edited by Blazing 88's

Few tips for turning Syrians into Russians from what I've learnt from a few experiments.

Euroscape is great for converting vehicles, terrain, buildings, voices, roadsigns, UI & a some gear (weapons primarily) however a few things have changed between CMSF & CMSF2.

-CMSF2 features new vehicles (mortar vehicles esp.) and some altered vehicle names (For instance, there is now an "early" & a "late" BMP-3... instead of just the one standard version of CMSF). So you might have to duplicate & rename a few things &/or put up with a few gaps.

-Do NOT use the Euroscape Script.txt... you'll need to edit the script from CMSF2 if you want the Syrians renamed.

-Infantry uniforms will not work. For now, you'll have to use the default Syrian one's &, for the Western militaries, currently available mods (perhaps renamed & used for another Nation... i.e. Germans in Marine Corps woodland camo).

-Fighter & combatant uniforms will not work & modding them in CMSF2 is proving tricky. I've had some success using Blimeys Insurgent mods from CMBS for fighters (again renamed) but they aren't a perfect fit & there's no normal bitmaps.

-When playing scenarios, you might want to created a Euroscape edited version with different conditions... Europe's not particularly famous for its extreme heat & very dry, dusty conditions.

Edited by 37mm

Syrians are kitted-out more like cold war era Russians than modern Russians. So there's only so far a mod pack would be able to take you. If you abandon the idea of Russian army for a countries more like Kazakhstan you could perhaps use Syrian special forces to represent them.

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Syrians are kitted-out more like cold war era Russians than modern Russians. So there's only so far a mod pack would be able to take you. If you abandon the idea of Russian army for a countries more like Kazakhstan you could perhaps use Syrian special forces to represent them.

To be fair to the original Euroscape modders, CMSF does have T-90's, some pretty advanced T-72's, BMP-3's, a Red airforce, Red artillery, advanced ATGM & all kinds of improved RPG Warheads etc.

NVG capabilities are not important during the day, experience & morale can be played around with... any scenario creator worth his salt should be able to rustle up something representing a hypothetical European conflict of the 00's.

There's a significant difference between an export T-90S and a Russian T-90A and the difference between a Syrian T-72M1V or T-71M1V(2001) and a T-72B1 or T-72BM/BA is even bigger.....Definitely not saying that 'Euroscaping' can't be done or that it's not a good idea, just that one must accept that it will always be something of a approximation.

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

There's a significant difference between an export T-90S and a Russian T-90A and the difference between a Syrian T-72M1V or T-71M1V(2001) and a T-72B1 or T-72BM/BA is even bigger.....Definitely not saying that 'Euroscaping' can't be done or that it's not a good idea, just that one must accept that it will always be something of a approximation.

Isn't ALL wargaming an approximation?

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Blazing 88's said:

Here is the link. The .zip files within the Euroscape.rar need to be extracted to one folder. From there follow the word doc instructions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dasruptr0fdl4cc/Euroscape.rar?dl=0

Thank you! I had it before but lost it when recovering data from my old hard drive. I'll try not to lose it this time

Has Euroscape been checked with CMSF2?  IIRC they are 2012 and 2013 files (created by dp abrams).

For those unfamiliar with this mod: 

Euroscape version 1.0 by Dpabrams

Euroscape version 1.0 will convert your CMSF into a NATO-PACT clash in a European climate. Syria no longer exists in CMSF and is now completely replaced by Russian troops and equipment. Everything has been modded; the GUI, sound, names, voices, uniforms, portraits, sky, terrain, vehicles and buildings. US ARMY, USMC and Russian vehicles have been color matched, camouflaged, detailed and decaled. Some vehicles have been entirely replaced in a process we call “porting”. The BTR-70, BMP-2D and Ural 375 have replaced the BTR-60PB, BMP-2 and ZiL 131. The terrain has been completely modded to match a more temperate climate. Buildings, walls and roads now appear more western.

Mods have been used from other artists like Gordon E. Molek, Marco Bergmann, Stagler, Mord and Paul Gulianelli. All the mods have been packaged and matched into eight (8) brz files.

I would like to thank the gifted artists who have contributed their talents and our playtesters Tom Konczal, John Osborne and the venerable Mord.

Euroscape requires CMSF, CMSF Marines, CMSF British Forces and CMSF NATO, version 1.32.

Unzip the contents of the Euroscape version 1.0 files 1 through 8, into the Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Data\Z folder

Edited by Erwin

On 12/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, Erwin said:

Has Euroscape been checked with CMSF2?  IIRC they are 2012 and 2013 files (created by dp abrams).

For those unfamiliar with this mod: 

Euroscape version 1.0 by Dpabrams

Euroscape version 1.0 will convert your CMSF into a NATO-PACT clash in a European climate. Syria no longer exists in CMSF and is now completely replaced by Russian troops and equipment. Everything has been modded; the GUI, sound, names, voices, uniforms, portraits, sky, terrain, vehicles and buildings. US ARMY, USMC and Russian vehicles have been color matched, camouflaged, detailed and decaled. Some vehicles have been entirely replaced in a process we call “porting”. The BTR-70, BMP-2D and Ural 375 have replaced the BTR-60PB, BMP-2 and ZiL 131. The terrain has been completely modded to match a more temperate climate. Buildings, walls and roads now appear more western.

Mods have been used from other artists like Gordon E. Molek, Marco Bergmann, Stagler, Mord and Paul Gulianelli. All the mods have been packaged and matched into eight (8) brz files.

I would like to thank the gifted artists who have contributed their talents and our playtesters Tom Konczal, John Osborne and the venerable Mord.

Euroscape requires CMSF, CMSF Marines, CMSF British Forces and CMSF NATO, version 1.32.

Unzip the contents of the Euroscape version 1.0 files 1 through 8, into the Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Data\Z folder

The terrain and vehicles have been changed perfectly. I'm getting some GUI issues, but I haven't ruled out a possible clash with one or more of the other mods that I'm running.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys i need help, i cant seem to get the mod to work,

so i got the Rar Extracted and then i got 8 files then i extracted the 8 files and put them into Z folder (My z folder placement is correct because i have other mods)

Can someone Please give me Clear Instructions, 

Thanks