Unfortunate Road Design

1 hour ago, agusto said:

Just came accross this map (Deser Crossroads 1008 x 800 328m). Didnt know the germans built roads in Syria.   

I guess you could be joking. :)  Also I didn't get what you were talking about until I read RockinHarry's post.

But, in case you're serious:  I don't think most players would notice any resemblance unless it was pointed out to them.  I guess with a little imagination and if you think about those things and happen to be at the right zoom level, it might cross your mind.  Even then, I don't think it looks exactly right.

Why would someone go one step further, take a screenshot, and make a forum topic of it?  I really doubt the original intent was for a Nazi symbol.  Is that what you think?  What do you want done about it?  Why does it have to be German's that built the road?  What does that mean?     

Probably more to do with how curved roads work in the game. :D  

I hope you are not truly triggered by that map, my friend. :)      

Of course maybe you're just joking around or something......  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

25 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I guess you could be joking. :)  Also I didn't get what you were talking about until I read RockinHarry's post.

But, in case you're serious:  I don't think most players would notice any resemblance unless it was pointed out to them.  I guess with a little imagination and if you think about those things and happen to be at the right zoom level, it might cross your mind.  Even then, I don't think it looks exactly right.

Why would someone go one step further, take a screenshot, and make a forum topic of it?  I really doubt the original intent was for a Nazi symbol.  Is that what you think?  What do you want done about it?  Why does it have to be German's that built the road?  What does that mean?     

Probably more to do with how curved roads work in the game. :D  

I hope you are not truly triggered by that map, my friend. :)      

Of course maybe you're just joking around or something......  

I am not saying it' s intentional but where i am coming from you try to minimize the number of accidential swastika resemblances in your software. I find it more like an easter egg, though, and i dont feel offended. More like wtf.

17 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Presumably this is the modern version of seeing the Virgin Mary in a slice of toast or whatever.

There's nothing there but a 2d map of a crossroads.

Anything else is in your own head.

The fact you know what i am talking about implies you must have had the same association. So you do see it too, i know it.

35 minutes ago, agusto said:

The fact you know what i am talking about implies you must have had the same association. So you do see it too, i know it.

No... I do not see the Virgin Mary.

At all.

However, I am able to figure out what you think you see based upon the 2d map of the crossroads, your thread title & your OP etc.

@Agusto: That map is my creation.  There was absolutely no reference to swastikas implied.  In fact it is actually a push to infer it IS a swastika.  But that is my own opinion.  Do know that I am personally offended by your post.

7 minutes ago, MarkEzra said:

@Agusto: That map is my creation.  There was absolutely no reference to swastikas implied.  In fact it is actually a push to infer it IS a swastika.  But that is my own opinion.  Do know that I am personally offended by your post.

These days, I wouldn't be surprised if BFC are forced to fire you & denounce all "Neo-Nazi" Quick Battle maps as "against our values"... or face the fury of the "press".

Edited by 37mm

26 minutes ago, 37mm said:

No... I do not see the Virgin Mary.

At all.

However, I am able to figure out what you think you see based upon the 2d map of the crossroads, your thread title & your OP etc.

That' s absurd. You just more or less litterally said that that screenshot did invoke the same image in your head as well.

23 minutes ago, MarkEzra said:

Well, i am not going to excuse myself for my association. If you publish you work you ve gotta live with people interpreting it differently than you might have intended it to be interpreted.

16 minutes ago, 37mm said:

These days, I wouldn't be surprised if BFC are forced to fire you & denounce all "Neo-Nazi" Quick Battle maps as "against our values"... or face the fury of the "press".

Oh, back then, everything was better... yeah, I have heard that so many times. Lucky you though, the UK is going to make a big leap backwards in time on March 29.

Well I see were this thread is going. Funny though that mentioning something obvisouly looks like a swastika is more offensive too people than the swastika itself.

17 minutes ago, agusto said:

That' s absurd. You just more or less litterally said that that screenshot did invoke the same image in your head as well.

I did not say that.

At all.

But, clearly, you see what you want to see & read what you want to read.

I looked at it KNOWING what the thread was about and I still didn't see a Swastika straight off.  But people see things differently, which means in many cases there's no clear right and wrong way to look at things (though in my mind it is a fact that Jackson Pollock was a hack).  Like my wife constantly saying that so-and-so looks a lot like so-and-so and I think she is daft for suggesting it.  And when I say "daft", l mean it in a playful and harmless way.  But like the image that started this off, my wife might have a different reaction :D

Steve