UI mod - Juju etc?

Apache

Trying to find a UI mod similar to Jujus that colours the weapons etc.  Either I'm looking in the wrong places or searching with the wrong queries but can't find anything.  Also, can't recall whether it comes from that same mod but looking for one that gives the coloured Red Cross on white background for casualties?  Not sure if that's one of Vins or not?  Any pointers appreciated if there's any out there yet.

Edited by Apache

43 minutes ago, Apache said:

Thanks but no that's not it.  For CMFB it was Juju's Blitz UI mod.  Not sure if a similar mod has been done for CMSF 2 yet, if one was done for CMSF 1 maybe that'll work, I'll have a look under CMSF 1.

It does work. I am using it. However the panels are coloured a little differently and occasionally a coloured weapon will be missing. I also tried Steppenwulfs UI mod for CMBS but the one from CMSF1 works much better.

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

Most of the CMSF1 UI, Terrain, Vehicle, and FX mods work in CMSF2.   My understanding is that CMSF1 uniforms do not work(?)

For the most part yes. Their are some parts of the uniforms that will work. For instance some helmets. I am using TheosScrimHelmets from CMSF1 for Brit Infantry.

Edited by z1812

Vehicles GFX have evolved since CMSF1 so, you may not be happy with the results of importing them. Same for uniforms.

Any CMx2 terrain, UI, SFX will work in CMSF2. I'm using icons, parts of the UI panel, sounds, explosions, tracers, etc.. sourced from other mods for CMx2 titles. Most are interchangeable and may be used in any CMx2 title.

A lot of folks are using Kieme's terrain and buildings along with Ian's tactical icons from CMSF1  to great satisfaction.

You won't damage your game install by trying a mod, not being happy with it, and then removing it. As long as it's no longer in either your global or specific 'Z' folders - the default un-modded GFX provided by the title will return.

I'm sure a lot the above you were aware of already but post in case it's of interest to others.

18 minutes ago, z1812 said:

For the most part yes. Their are some parts of the uniforms that will work. For instance some helmets. I am using TheosScrimHelmets from CMSF1 for Brit Infantry.

Anyone checked if the "Brit rolled up sleeves" mod works in CMSF2?   (I don't have many mods on my travel laptop.)

Steppenwolf's UI mod for CMBS will work with CMSF2. Add in Scipio's weapons and equipment mod for CMSF1 and you will have almost everything covered. There are a few silhouettes missing, but the ones from Steppenwolf's UI mod will cover all but the M4A1 with an ACOG. Which is a new sihouette that hasn't been modded yet. 

Currently I have a UI mod for SF2 in the works. I wanted to release it before now but I'm trying to go one step further than the BS mod and improve on some things. I hope to get it to a place where I'm happy with it in a month or so There'll also be an update to the BS mod since many aspects of that mod have evolved since the last version. Here's a screenie shot from my SF2 version (by way of preview) of what you'll get.

sf-mod-snap-shot.png

1 hour ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Currently I have a UI mod for SF2 in the works. I wanted to release it before now but I'm trying to go one step further than the BS mod and improve on some things. I hope to get it to a place where I'm happy with it in a month or so There'll also be an update to the BS mod since many aspects of that mod have evolved since the last version. Here's a screenie shot from my SF2 version (by way of preview) of what you'll get.

sf-mod-snap-shot.png

You rock sir! Can't wait to install it.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, Erwin said:

Most of the CMSF1 UI, Terrain, Vehicle, and FX mods work in CMSF2.   My understanding is that CMSF1 uniforms do not work(?)

Yeah, for the life of me I can't get Mord's radio chatter to work at all.  Place that in the mod/z folder and I get no vehicle sounds at all.  Delete it and back they come. Thought it was supposed to be CMSF compliant, maybe it's a Mac issue :(  Immersive Voices also I notice I get hardly any voices at all?  Think I'll just stick to the games as is with UIs changed, enough for me.  Can't really be bothered to try and fathom what's wrong.

Edited by Apache

• 2 years later...