Installing MODS, CMBN,CMFI,CMRT

Bubba883XL

Hi all, first post in a while so i'll try and keep it brief.

i have CMBN + CW , CMRT , CMFI.

Questions relating to installing mods etc.                   

CMRT + CMFI have the My Documents directory folders etc for which the manual recommends install via MODS/Z folder, which is ok.

But am confused as to why my CMBN doesn't. instead i have to place the mods in the D:/Combat mission/data/z.    ( no mods folder?) (where the game is installed )

all the titles are in my D drive, not C.i prefer installing to the installation folder, so as all the memory usage is in one place etc. but why doesn't the later titles use the same method? 

thanks in advance if you can help. happy wargamming 2019 sounds to have some exciting stuff coming.

• 4 months later...

I am a bit confused too. I already knew about the issue with how Microsoft handled CMBN but my question is this. In my User Data Folder there is a MOD sub-folder. Should I rename it to Z, instead of what the game installed or should the Z folder be a sub-folder of the MOD sub-folder?

**Chris**

Edited by WhiteWolf65
Punctuation

34 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Should I rename it to Z, instead of what the game installed or should the Z folder be a sub-folder of the MOD sub-folder?  

It would work either way.  I like to put a Z sub folder inside the mods folder.  I also place a tagged sub folder inside the Mod folder for tagged mods.  So for organizational reasons (and dealing with tags) I would make the Z folder a sub folder inside the Mod folder. Then you can also put a ZZ folder inside the mods folder for when you are testing a new mod.  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

I am a bit confused too. I already knew about the issue with how Microsoft handled CMBN but my question is this. In my User Data Folder there is a MOD sub-folder. Should I rename it to Z, instead of what the game installed or should the Z folder be a sub-folder of the MOD sub-folder?

**Chris**

I use them both for different purposes. If I have a heavily modded pbem game going that isn’t tagged mods  I’ll have it as it’s own install but I keep standard mods I use like sound etc in the my documents folder so all the installs use them. Unfortunately with CMBN I don’t have that option. . 

On 7/6/2019 at 2:04 PM, sburke said:

I use them both for different purposes. If I have a heavily modded pbem game going that isn’t tagged mods  I’ll have it as it’s own install but I keep standard mods I use like sound etc in the my documents folder so all the installs use them. Unfortunately with CMBN I don’t have that option. . 

Why don't you have that option with CMBN? I did notice that CMBN installs differently than the rest of the CM titles, at least on my computer it did. The "Games"  sub-folder is in the CMBN folder, not in the "Documents/Game Title/Games" folder. Is that what you are referring to? Second, and please don't think I am stupid, but once you have the numerous sub-folders for each mod in the Z, or ZZ, sub-folder, how do you install them into the game itself. Sorry for asking so many questions but there are some really good mods available that would add so much to the games I have and I don't want to get something wrong. As I said before, this damn thing that happened to me a few weeks back has really screwed up my ability to think. The help is very much appreciated.

**Chris**

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Why don't you have that option with CMBN? I did notice that CMBN installs differently than the rest of the CM titles, at least on my computer it did. The "Games"  sub-folder is in the CMBN folder, not in the "Documents/Game Title/Games" folder. Is that what you are referring to? Second, and please don't think I am stupid, but once you have the numerous sub-folders for each mod in the Z, or ZZ, sub-folder, how do you install them into the game itself. Sorry for asking so many questions but there are some really good mods available that would add so much to the games I have and I don't want to get something wrong. As I said before, this damn thing that happened to me a few weeks back has really screwed up my ability to think. The help is very much appreciated.

**Chris**

Because CMBN does not have the My Docs folder. No matter how many installs you make of the other titles they will all share that one folder making it a space saving place to put mods you would always use.  Every install of CMBN would needs it's own copy of your default mods.

So using Black Sea as an example.  I would put my sound mods in the my docs/battlefront/combat mission/black sea/user data/mods folder and my TF Spartan Resolve mods in my TFSR/Black Sea install data folder.

If I run my vanilla install CMBS game it has the sound mod, but not the TFSR mods.  If I run my TFSR install it has the mods and the sound file as well.

2 hours ago, sburke said:

Because CMBN does not have the My Docs folder. No matter how many installs you make of the other titles they will all share that one folder making it a space saving place to put mods you would always use.  Every install of CMBN would needs it's own copy of your default mods.

So using Black Sea as an example.  I would put my sound mods in the my docs/battlefront/combat mission/black sea/user data/mods folder and my TF Spartan Resolve mods in my TFSR/Black Sea install data folder.

If I run my vanilla install CMBS game it has the sound mod, but not the TFSR mods.  If I run my TFSR install it has the mods and the sound file as well.

I really do appreciate the help, but now I am even more lost than before. What is TF Spartan Resolve? Is this a mod? Sorry for being about as intelligent as a rock but I don't want to screw something up and then have to go back and re-install the games.

**Chris**