make your own maps

Hmmh you might be right. Usually I just crop down some maps or pre existing scenarios for custom multiplayer QBs, but I think I have also used master maps and some of my own maps without AI plans in same way. I remember that I have ran into some problems before with this, but I think that was due to QB map being set as ME when I was selecting attack in QB menu and thus it did not show up as selectable map. Which is in fact one thing to remember: you need to make QB version for each battle type that you intend to use the map with: One map for assault, one for attk, one for probe etc...  

I read this in the manual...yes, I read the manual.  Is this true?

"Any regular scenario can be turned into a Quick Battle Map. In order to be picked for a Quick Battle, the .btt file needs to be placed in the Quick Battle Maps folder in the game directory. Theoretically you can simply copy an existing scenario into that folder and see what happens. Unused settings or features (such as any units on the map) are simply ignored. Practically, there are a number of additional points to consider when copying maps or when creating them from scratch."

This could be a game changer for me...there are a lot of really excellent scenarios that I would love to play as QB maps...

Edited by grunt_GI