Windmills in FB

Windmills are present in FB's archives but not available in the editor despite Holland being depicted as one of the locations. Here is a way to enable windmills...

It's triggered by a "bogus" bitmap. Simply add the bogus bitmap to your Z folder. I included a snow roof too.

The windmill will appear in the editor as the last (bottom right) independent 4 story commercial building.

The windmill works exactly as in CMBN, but it's snowbox is square. So in deep snow conditions the snowbox around the bottom floor looks a bit wonky. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jtX0EIDwY6OLKPYiIp2JgYSM6lk7V3aU

This discovery leads me to ask what else can be enabled by bogus bitmaps...? There is a lot of content in the brz files of FB that don't appear in game like various others bridges e.g canal bridges.

CM Final Blitzkrieg 2019-02-05 14-51-46-01.jpg

Edited by Jace11

2 hours ago, CMFDR said:

@Jace11 could you please elaborate on that "bogus" bmp"? 

It's just a bitmap, it's not a used texture, seems like a placeholder or something. It's name is building108-bogus (00).bmp. I found it while looking for something else in CMBN files and realized it was missing in FB, but all the other files for the windmill were. When I put it my FB "z folder" I found the windmill in the editor. Guess just its presence or absence is what determines whether the windmill appears. Maybe better to ask BF why they did it this way.

Edited by Jace11

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Quite interesting! Most likely a placeholder for the CW module later on. From what I know windmills were more common in northern parts of the Netherlands (outside the Bulge battlefields generally), so BFC opted to leave them out for the base game.

True, but Brabant, Gelderland and Limburg also have quite a few windmills. Interesting find indeed.

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

True, but Brabant, Gelderland and Limburg also have quite a few windmills. Interesting find indeed.

Also in Hainaut, and basically in the whole Flanders historical region.

Now there might a few windmills in the Ardennes and Alsace, can't prove their existence by a pic though.