Mech Airborne and BMP-3 missing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we will get our BMP-3s back for quick battle selection at some point.

Curious though if there is a potentially legitimate TOE reason for not having them in. Could also just be lost in the shuffle.

Edited by Pixel

Seems like originally was put into the Marines module (?) perhaps as hypothetical export to Syria. But at least wikipedia (not the greatest source I know) doesn't list Syria as a operator of the BMP-3.

Is this a case of in the original timeline hypothetical BMP-3s were ok but, now we know that never transpired IRL so thus the argument for TOE accuracy was made to remove them?? Genuinely curious.

The product page still very much advertises the BMP-3 and the Syrian Mechanized Airborne Company

Edited by Pixel

Ah interesting so perhaps that may explain, assuming there is a rationale behind it, why they left it in the scenario editor but pulled them out of the QB selection. Scenario Designers can still use them for hypothetical creations or other faction mods but TOE authenticity for QB is adhered to with such a revision.

The T-90SAs are definitely still select-able though in QB so who knows

DOH my bad: in the lower panel you can switch to the T-90SA if it gives you the T-72M1 TURMS-T

Edited by Pixel

16 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Ah interesting so perhaps that may explain, assuming there is a rationale behind it, why they left it in the scenario editor but pulled them out of the QB selection. Scenario Designers can still use them for hypothetical creations or other faction mods but TOE authenticity for QB is adhered to with such a revision.

That thinking wouldn't match any other CM title, so I think that's unlikely. It'll be a bug.

16 minutes ago, Pixel said:

EDIT: wait a sec if you go click the Guards Tank Company although it says T-90SA it actually gives you T-72AV TURMS-T. Does anyone else get that in v2.01?

Nope. Make sure you're selecting the T-90 in the bottom pane here:
HSxlS0J.jpg

It'll show the T-90 on the left, preview section, and will choose a random (or rather "Typical" in this case) one for the right, since that's how the above is set up. If you click on the Company, and then "T-90SA" in the bottom pane, all of the armour will be the T-90.

Setting this to "Excellent" will give you T-90SA, and I imagine the lowest setting will give you T-72M1. Or you just choose the one you want.

Edited by domfluff

Just noticed that the T-72M1V (2001) does not seem to be available in CM:SF2.....This is a shame as it was a decent representation of the T-72B m.1989, which Syria have in fairly significant numbers.  :unsure:

Syrian%20T-72B_zpsos2zlb7m.jpg

T-72B m.1989 (with uniquely Syrian side-skirts) in front & T-72AV TURMS-T behind.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

49 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Presumably this was a TO&E research thing.

Scratch my original comment.....I believe the T-72B m.1989 was imported after the nominal date of the CM:SF/CM:SF2 campaign, which sort of explains its absence (although, on those grounds, I'm not entirely sure how the T-90SA gets to stay).  :unsure:

I was falling into the very trap I was warning people about in a CM:BS thread.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, Col Rosenberger said:

Aloha,

Is there any known fix yet for missing units and vehicles in QB, including Syrian Mech Airborne & specifically BMP-3's?

Thanks

Not yet but I would think this is something that will be fixed in the next major patch, I am assuming of course that it has already been discussed internally and just hasn't been fixed yet. 

5 hours ago, sburke said:

Yes it has been submitted.

I thought so thanks for the confirmation sburke. The missing BMP-3 and M7A3 (B-Fist) in QB's are the only two bugs that I have ran into so far I really love how Battlefront takes the time to make sure their games are as smooth as possible.