My Wish List for Modern CM4 titles

This is just my wish list for possible Modern CM4 titles or add-on modules for Black Sea.

NATO units, including Turkey. Vietnam War (1964-1975), hypothetical conflict between US/NATO forces and the Russian Federation in the Persian Gulf area (maybe include some Iranians to boot), Cold War (1979-1991). I don't want much, do I?

31 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Vietnam War (1964-1975)

I would simultaneously crap my pants, pee on my keyboard, have a panic/asthma/heart attack, develop a hernia, slip a disc, pull a muscle, break a leg, sneeze and stub my toe if they ever announced that. It would be a joyous and yet quite painful day. Probably worth it as long as I could play from my hospital bed.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 minute ago, Mord said:

I would simultaneously crap my pants, pee on my keyboard, have a panic/asthma/heart attack, develop a hernia, slip a disc, pull a muscle, break a leg, sneeze and stub my toe if they ever announced that. It would be a joyous and yet quite painful day. Probably worth it as long as I could play from my hospital bed.

Mord.

And if you are married or have a girlfriend, you would probably become a eunuch too. LOL.

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

And if you are married or have a girlfriend, you would probably become a eunuch too. LOL.

If I were married or had a girlfriend I'd already be a eunuch.

Can I get an amen, married guys?

Mord.

Edited by Mord

I had a steady chick back when I first got into CM, and let me tell you, she didn't like it. Pay special attention to the very important word "had". LOL.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Back in the day, I had over 900 boardgames from SPI/S&T (including all the monster games), TAHGC, Yaquinto, and many other board game manufacturers. I also had a 15,000 piece collection of GHQ and CinC 1/285th scale miniatures (mainly Russian Front). To go with the miniatures, my friend and I, made 3D boards of all the old Squad Leader boards complete with all the buildings and scenery. All of it went bye-bye when my first wife and I got divorced. Probably an investment of well over $10,000 and sold it all for less than $1,000. And then to cap everything off, I joined the Society for Creative Anachronism and became a heavy fighter and an armourer. That is where I learned to make maille which I still do but as jewelry. Oh yeah, and my very first computer wargame was SSI's Soldier for an Atari 800. Now I am dating myself.

Edited by WhiteWolf65

30 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Now I am dating myself.

Is that what you meant by "not alone"? Well, hell using that criteria I am a serial polygamist!

32 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

I joined the Society for Creative Anachronism and became a heavy fighter and an armourer. That is where I learned to make maille which I still do but as jewelry.

Awesome! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when I was 18, almost joined Darkon but it was stupid compared to the SCA.

Mord.

9 hours ago, Mord said:

Is that what you meant by "not alone"? Well, hell using that criteria I am a serial polygamist!

Awesome! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when I was 18, almost joined Darkon but it was stupid compared to the SCA.

Mord.

In 2015 I met a very wonderful woman that is very understanding of all my idiosyncrasies and I have a ton of them. We actually spoke about me getting back into gaming last night and she said that she would be more upset with me if I didn't start playing again as opposed to not playing again.

I haven't heard of Darkon. Are they the ones with the ridiculous looking foam swords? I got out of the SCA because we got flooded with a bunch of rhino-hiders and also because it got too political. I was going to rejoin in 2011 before my late-wife passed away and start participating in the group here in Columbia but found out it is royal heavy. Some royals I got along with when I was active, but for most of them, they are just too uppity for my taste. Besides, I miss the fighting and if I tried to start again I would be in the hospital way too much. It is a young man's activity, not a 64 year-old geezer like me. So, I concentrate on my maille jewelry.

Well, it seems this thread has gotten off topic and if I stepped on any toes or broke any rules, I do apologize to the moderators.

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

Wow...!   How did you even get to play with more than a tiny fraction?

Back then, I was a collector of games and miniatures. My miniature collection spanned the entire German and Russian forces from 1941 to 1945 but we did play some humongous scenarios. The largest miniature game I ever played was the Battle of Aachen with 1:76th scale miniatures. The map was laid out on an indoor basketball court. We used the old TSR Tractics Rules. That game was absolutely awesome. Good memories. 

Edited by WhiteWolf65

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

I haven't heard of Darkon. Are they the ones with the ridiculous looking foam swords?

Yep. They are the original LARPers. More power to them but it is a geekfest. There's actually a pretty good documentary about them on Amazon (I think). I wouldn't be caught dead running around in leotards screaming "FIREBALL! FIREBALL! FIREBALL!" while I pretended I was casting spells on a 4th level Ranger-Elf-Assassin with blue hair. LOL. As it stands now I can't stand most fantasy in books, movies and video games. It's just soooo cliche.

The largest miniature game I ever played was the Battle of Aachen with 1:76th scale miniatures. The map was laid out on an indoor basketball court. We used the old TSR Tractics Rules. That game was absolutely awesome. Good memories. 

That's badass.

Did you ever imagine one day you'd be able to play that battle in your kitchen or living room, with nary a fraction of the setup time or worrying about the rules? It sucks getting older, but having lived through cardboard and pen & paper games we can truly appreciate the gaming times we are living in.

We used the old TSR Tractics Rules.

TSR was a big part of my childhood. I had just about every RPG they put out between 1980 to 1985. Two friends turned me onto D&D and that was it, my life was never the same.

Well, it seems this thread has gotten off topic and if I stepped on any toes or broke any rules, I do apologize to the moderators.

It's your thread, you can do with it as you please. Besides there are a hundred just like it stretching all the way back to CMBO. I even made one circa 2000! Nobody's gonna care, no worries.

Mord.

16 minutes ago, Mord said:

You do realize my name means "murder" in Demark, right? Uh huh...keep movin'.

Mord.

Pfft my last name is a verb and it means to suffocate.  And there is a reason it is a verb because a Burke actually DID that.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burke_and_Hare_murders

welcome to the big leagues.... hippy

When an elderly pensioner died at the Edinburgh boarding house of William Hare in 1827, the proprietor and his friend William Burke decided to sell the body to a local anatomy school. The sale was so lucrative that they decided to make sure they could repeat it. They began luring nameless wanderers (who were not likely to be missed) into the house, getting them drunk, then smothering or strangling them and selling the bodies. The two disposed of at least 15 victims before murdering a local woman whose disappearance led to their arrest. At Burke's execution (by hanging), irate crowds shouted "Burke him!" As a result of the case, the word burke became a byword first for death by suffocation or strangulation and eventually for any cover-up.

Edited by sburke

I see you have failed in understanding the pecking order of hierarchy. Your name presides over a kind of murder but my name presides over ALL murder*. Welcome to the big leagues...Patchouli sniffer!

Mord.

*At least in Denmark...your mileage (and murder) will vary the further away you get.

1 minute ago, sburke said:

Dude you might as well be sponsored by Disney.  :D

Well, jokes on you 'cause I just signed the papers, MFer! My new avatar is gonna be a grim reaper in mouse ears. You'll ALL fear me then!

Mord.

P.S. One E -ticket and you can die all day.

20 minutes ago, Mord said:

I see you have failed in understanding the pecking order of hierarchy. Your name presides over a kind of murder but my name presides over ALL murder*. Welcome to the big leagues...Patchouli sniffer!

Mord.

Oh and for clarity it isn't just a form of murder.  I can burke this thread.  :D  

Examples of burke in a Sentence

Verb

the executives knew that the drug had dangerous side effects, but they burked the findings

Well technically Steve can burke this thread.

Edited by sburke