NATO Units????

WhiteWolf65

One last topic before hitting the sack. I am sure this question has been asked but are there any plans to make a NATO expansion, like Strike Force, for Black Sea? I have some great miniature scenario books that would need NATO units to develop them for the game. Hoping this is the plan.

G'Nite

This is from a post from Steve titled Another reason for a centralized forum that talks about the future.

He mentions Marines as being an obvious first choice below, which would be the same process as CMSF. Marines, British, Nato. Time will tell.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:25 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Lots of questions, but I'll try to give a few short answers:

1.  Dragon is not part of Rome to Victory, but as mentioned it should be easy to simulate the battles with the new forces

2.  Yes, Waffen SS and rag-tag forces will be available for the Red Thunder Module

3.  Game engine development is always separate from any one specific title's development.  Yes, there will be patches for the current suite of Engine 4 games, though I don't know when.  The unintended consequence of the reactive bombardment TacAI feature of Engine 4 is definitely top on our list

4.  New game features, such as persistent map damage, is something for an Upgrade.  Though this particular feature has been previously shelved for various reasons

5.  CMSF2 will not be expanded in its initial release.  We're leaving open the possibility of adding content later.  However, we also have no plans to do so

6.  CMBS jumped ahead of others with its own Battle Pack, but is owed a Module.  We've been doing them in order of release and that means CMBS is theoretically next after CMRT.  Marines are an obvious selection for the first Module and the work being done for CMSF2 is going to pave the way for that to happen

Steve

Good morning gentlemen,

Thank you for the info. I do agree with Steve that CMBS does call for modules as were done for CMSF, with the Marines, Brits, and NATO. That would make way for many scenarios taking place in Western Europe, like the ones in my scenario books. As always, I and the rest of the players will just have to be patient. Since I was on a beta-test and development team for another company I do know how long the process can take at times.

I hope you all have a pleasant day.

23 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Get real.....Sweden's is bigger (Poland has slightly more economic clout than Belgium).

Cool. How does it compare to, say, the republics of former Yugoslavia, or Rumania, or Bulgaria, or the Baltic Republics? Just to pick out a few randomly chosen regional neighbors.

Michael

Michael, I believe, sees where I'm coming from. Poland is larger than any nearby neighbor of Ukraine and has much at stake as to what happens there. Plus Poland really doesn't like Russia of course. :) 

@Derkommissar  I believe you're right about the Lore.

Alright it's all settled then. We'll see the Poles in CMBS by about 2025. :)

But seriously, I think you'd also need the Germans in a NATO module .  The Germans, of course, were brutal to the Ukrainians in WWII in typical stupid Nazi fashion after many there welcomed them at first, but in this fictional war I'm sure Ukraine would have no objections to German help.

Edited by Sequoia
spelling

I like the suggestions. I would advocate for Canadian Forces to be included. Given a significant population of Canadians who descend from Ukrainians the connection is strong still and Canada has provided training and arms in real life. I feel confident that Canada would contribute troops to a NATO force in this fictional scenario.

Can we stretch to non-NATO units? 

The absence of earlier T-72s like the T-72A/AV, T-72B1, T-72BM/BA really limits what we can do with the game, all are present in the arsenals of both sides, The T-72B1 being rather prevalent.  :unsure:

Also.....T-80s!  :D

Yes, I know the Ukrainians sold all theirs to Pakistan and the Russians don't seem to have used them in action since Chechnya.....But just look at them:

4thTankBrigade_-_T-80U_-11.jpg

Now wouldn't that look good with a Javelin going straight through the top?  :P

If CMSF Canadians can have Leopard 1s, I think it's reasonable for T-80s for Russia. IIRC I think the Canadians would even have had to pull their 155mm self propelled artillery out of storage for their use in the Shock Force war, but a Canadian Army officer playtester talked Steve into it. Of course everyone likes the Canadians and are willing to humor them except maybe the Danes because of those islands they squabble over. :)

P.S. Almost forgot the Chinese are rather perturbed at Canada right now of course.

Edited by Sequoia

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Or the frightening TOS-1 or TOS-1A (Burantino)!!!!

Now you are talking.....Also BM-27 Uragan, BM-30 Smerch and the humble old BM-21 Grad are all sorely missing from the Russian & Ukrainian line-up.

Not sure how I'd feel about the Armata family being in the game.....I'd almost prefer to see some of the Russian types that didn't quite happen in the real world (T-72BM2, T-80UM1 Etc. Etc.) as these would be a good match for all the other fictional AFVs in the game.  :P

t-72b2_1.jpg

demon-5.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

7 hours ago, Sequoia said:

If CMSF Canadians can have Leopard 1s, I think it's reasonable for T-80s for Russia. IIRC I think the Canadians would even have had to pull their 155mm self propelled artillery out of storage for their use in the Shock Force war, but a Canadian Army officer playtester talked Steve into it. Of course everyone likes the Canadians and are willing to humor them except maybe the Danes because of those islands they squabble over. :)

P.S. Almost forgot the Chinese are rather perturbed at Canada right now of course.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting game title, the Chinese vs. the Canadians, eh?

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Now you are talking.....Also BM-27 Uragan, BM-30 Smerch and the humble old BM-21 Grad are all sorely missing from the Russian & Ukrainian line-up.

Not sure how I'd feel about the Armata family being in the game.....I'd almost prefer to see some of the Russian types that didn't quite happen in the real world (T-72BM2, T-80UM1 Etc. Etc.) as these would be a good match for all the other fictional AFVs in the game.  :P

t-72b2_1.jpg

demon-5.jpg

Very much in agreement about these units.