Will this computer system support the new CM games

WhiteWolf65

I will be purchasing a computer in the next two weeks and need to know if this system will run the games in the newer CM series. Thanks.

Specs:
Model .................Cobratype HP A242
CPU.....................Intel Core i7 2600s (Quad Core, up to 3.80Ghz)
Video...................Geforce GTX 1050
RAM....................16GB RAM
Hard Disk............128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
CD Drive...............DVDRW
OS.........................Windows 10 64-bit
Warranty..............90 days
Other............……..Keyboard, mouse, HDMI, 7x USB ports, Wi-Fi, Gigabit Etherne

8 minutes ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

This system will indeed run the games and allow you to enjoy many hours of armchair generalship. I am sure there will be others who come along and offer up some suggestions on how to get the best out of your graphics setup.

Thank you. I miss playing these great games but my old computer died and this clunker of a laptop won't run them at all. It will be good to get back into the fray.

G' Nite

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

I will be purchasing a computer in the next two weeks and need to know if this system will run the games in the newer CM series. Thanks.

Specs:
Model .................Cobratype HP A242
CPU.....................Intel Core i7 2600s (Quad Core, up to 3.80Ghz)
Video...................Geforce GTX 1050
RAM....................16GB RAM
Hard Disk............128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
CD Drive...............DVDRW
OS.........................Windows 10 64-bit
Warranty..............90 days
Other............……..Keyboard, mouse, HDMI, 7x USB ports, Wi-Fi, Gigabit Etherne

I´m a bout to purchase a similar new system finally. The game still runs fine on my Vintage dual core AMD, 512MB NVidia graphics, 4 GB RAM  and WinXP. Only very large battles won´t load.

19 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I´m a bout to purchase a similar new system finally. The game still runs fine on my Vintage dual core AMD, 512MB NVidia graphics, 4 GB RAM  and WinXP. Only very large battles won´t load.

I think my NVIDIA GTX 1050 has 4 Gb of VRAM. My system RAM is DDR3 but I don't know what the speed is.

31 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I am purchasing this machine from NewEgg and it is a certified refurbished machine. Price is $519.00. A long-time gaming friend of mine tried to talk me into purchasing a new computer from CyberPower but their cheapest i7 machine is well over $1000.00. My budget is only $600 max and I don't want to blow it all on just the machine. Got to get games to go with this computer.

Edited by WhiteWolf65

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

I am purchasing this machine from NewEgg and it is a certified refurbished machine. Price is $519.00. A long-time gaming friend of mine tried to talk me into purchasing a new computer from CyberPower but their cheapest i7 machine is well over $1000.00. My budget is only $600 max and I don't want to blow it all on just the machine. Got to get games to go with this computer.

same for me. Budget at between 600-800 EUR and I apply well with any such machine with any games/sowftware I´m interested in and  their recommended hard- and software requirements. With regard to CMX2 I think it´s most important to have enough RAM (8-16GB) and a 4+ GB Graphics card, for beeing on the safe side.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

As @RockinHarry says those specs look good. Once you get it check out the performance threads in the FAQ - the game engine uses OpenGL and is from 2004 so it can use some help from carefully tweaked settings. 

That was one question I had, OpenGL. I have pulled my hair out trying to find the most current version but with no luck at all. I'll check out the discussion you mentioned. Thanks