What would be your priority wish? More Families, or more content for existing Families?

3 hours ago, AlanSA said:

3. Now for something from way out of left field. The Iran-Iraq war. A mishmash of units and types of warfare from major tank duels to guerilla insurgency.....

Campaigns Middle East 1948-1985 is gonna do a DLC for that eventually and Steel Armor: Blaze of War tank sim has two major campaigns centered around it (Khuzestan and Basra), along with a Soviet Afghanistan and Angola campaign.

Yeah, not exactly CM but it's something.

Mord.

22 hours ago, Ivanov said:

I think 90% of sales on the wargaming market is the US ( the traditional grog wargaming, not World Of Tanks or FPS crap ). I know this, because I made pools on the boardgaming and computer wargming FB groups and such were the results. More than 60% of the players are also 50+ years old.  That's why we will continue getting Normany over and over again. 

Tbh i think that asessment is entirely wrong.

If you want to specify englishj speaking market i would agree. The problem is that in europe the age group 50+ doesnt really speak that much english so if a game isnt translated it wont be picked up.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:31 PM, Ivanov said:

CM Fulda would be an instant success because it would include the American forces and the people who were in their twenties or served in Germany in the 80's, are probably the biggest demographics among the CM players. Right now, there's a huge resurgence in Cold War going hot on the board gaming scene.

Not only the US soldiers were here in Germany, the British and French also. So, a wide population which might be interested.

A game spanning from 68 to 80 starting at Fulda would show a new area and different weapon systems and would offer tons of expansion opportunities. Think of north German plain, British, Polish, two German forces, Middle East....  Ah, no, German terrain will already covered with the CM:FB expansion, mostly.

Would be interesting to see, what would have happened to the recon battalion I served with at that time.

Barbarossa 1941 remains one my all time favourites. France/Lowlands 1940.... just take my money! :)

On a more realistical sight I´d be glad to see the CW/1945 module for CMFB coming more sooner than later. Op Blackcock, Infatuate or Veritable anybody? B)

Not really much interested in middle east or africa scenarios, no matter what time period but with regard to post WW2 settings I as well like to see a Fulda Gap setting, or something the like in the 1950 to 1980ies in europe.

I would like to eventually see a single executable for CM, with all the families being modules -- wait, did someone mention Gulda Fap?! Gulda Fap! Gulda Fap!

I have recently become fascinated with the Cuban Missile Crisis, which is very well documented. I'd like to see a CM of a hypothetical US invasion of Cuba. You'd get US Marines, CIA Mercenaries, Cuban Military and the Soviet units that were deployed there. Pretty much inverse Black Sea, except set in the 60s (very fun zietgeist with that one, almost as fun as 80s Fulda). You'd get to pit WW2 stuff against early cold war stuff. While I doubt tactical nuclear weapons will make it into CM, I would very much like to see amphibious operations that are already supported.

No mention of CM: Stalingrad? 

Any early war east front stuff would be good. Instead of going back a year to 1943 for their next east front game, I wish they would skip a year or two and go back to when the German tanks were still grey. I'm just tired of seeing yellow German tanks in every game. Also I love playing as the Soviets. Charging into battle with waves of tank riders into a gigantic artillery barrage is an experience you just don't get anywhere else.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, DerKommissar said:

I would like to eventually see a single executable for CM, with all the families being modules -- wait, did someone mention Gulda Fap?! Gulda Fap! Gulda Fap!

I have recently become fascinated with the Cuban Missile Crisis, which is very well documented. I'd like to see a CM of a hypothetical US invasion of Cuba. You'd get US Marines, CIA Mercenaries, Cuban Military and the Soviet units that were deployed there. Pretty much inverse Black Sea, except set in the 60s (very fun zietgeist with that one, almost as fun as 80s Fulda). You'd get to pit WW2 stuff against early cold war stuff. While I doubt tactical nuclear weapons will make it into CM, I would very much like to see amphibious operations that are already supported.

It wouldn't work as a standalone title though, way too limited in scope. It is like craving for a CM Falkland Islands title (only colder obviously). This is where you need a game that has the flexibility to be a sandbox.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:20 AM, Sequoia said:

what would be your preference after the announced content (modules for Fortress Italy, Red Thunder, Black Sea and Final Blitzkrieg) comes out?  A Combat Mission: Kursk Family or even a surprise Family, or more content for the many Families we have already?

I'd prefer them to develop a new engine that fixes and improves core issues, rather than new families or modules. Even now, and especially after all those modules finally come out, I think we're pretty well convered and that the CM2 engine should retire.

That's my opinion. I'm sure some people will disagree, and that's fine.