What would be your priority wish? More Families, or more content for existing Families?

Yes Steve gave a  roadmap for releases for at least the next year, but I bet Battlefront plans ahead further than that. They may already have their plan set and this thread may be completely moot, but what would be your preference after the announced content (modules for Fortress Italy, Red Thunder, Black Sea and Final Blitzkrieg) comes out?  A Combat Mission: Kursk Family or even a surprise Family, or more content for the many Families we have already?  If you can, please try and refrain for wishing for something Battlefront has said they'd never do, namely WWII Pacific, Arab-Israeli Wars or anything when use of horses was common.  Thanks! :)

P.S. Yes horses were in common use in WWII but you know what I mean..

Edited by Sequoia
P.S>

CM3! 

IMHO, any further cash cow work on CM2 should be limited to crudely stitching together a couple of Families, notably:

1.  CMBS + CMSF = CM ARMAGEDDON, so Russians can fight with or against NATO or Mideast or uncons with 2016+ kit. @MikeyD has the Turks.

2. CMFB + CMRT = CM GÖTTERDÄMERUNG, allowing 'sukinsyna' Patton to keep on fighting the goddam Russians. And Korea. And partisans (WWII Uncons). And the Armée de Terre, which has had no love from BFC since CMBO! 

CM Sandbox. I would love to be able to have ALL the units, buildings, flavor objects, terrain tiles, bridges, you name it, available in one title. The possibilities for letting your imagination run wild would be awesome. Russians vs Italians in bocage country. Modern US and British forces vs modern German forces fight it out over the Nijmegen bridge.

Realistically, I would like to see as much content as possible for the WW2 titles, from the invasion of Poland in '39 to the wonder/super weapons of '45.

This would be my plan (purely uninformed speculation):

1: CM:FI to end of war.
2: CM:RT to end of war.
3: Unnamed CM:BS Module.
4: CM:FB to end of war.
5: Battle Packs for CM:FI, CM:RT, and CM:FB.
5A: Second Unnamed CM:BS Module.

(New Combat Mission Engine Development?)

6: Combat Mission: Korea. (3 Modules: Drive to Pusan - Inchon to Chosan - China and Stalemate)

7: Combat Mission: Blitzkrieg. (3 Modules: Poland - Norway - France and Low Countries)

8: Combat Mission: Weltkrieg 1968.

I just wrote about this a week or so ago but here goes (it's worth pondering). Both FI and RT will wrap up with their coming releases. That will Leave BS and FB. FB will wrap up after its first module. Which will only leave BS (we don't know how many modules they plan for it, my guess is at least two). Now, if Battlefront goes straight to an RT sequel that will leave one Modern and one WWII title both Russian focused. Those are fairly narrow topics for the less die hard among us. So, there are only two options I can think of for people that aren't interested in them, start creating packs for the West Front WWII titles or come up with something new.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

39 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

6: Combat Mission: Korea. (3 Modules: Drive to Pusan - Inchon to Chosan - China and Stalemate)

7: Combat Mission: Blitzkrieg. (3 Modules: Poland - Norway - France and Low Countries)

8: Combat Mission: Weltkrieg 1968.

We need those Berlin maps!

2 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

<snipped>

Above and below for existing families.

2 hours ago, Mord said:

I just wrote about this a week or so ago but here goes (it's worth pondering). Both FI and RT will wrap up with their coming releases. That will Leave BS and FB. FB will wrap up after its first module. Which will only leave BS (we don't know how many modules they plan for it, my guess is at least two). Now, if Battlefront goes straight to an RT sequel that will leave one Modern and one WWII title both Russian focused. Those are fairly narrow topics for the less die hard among us. So, there are only two options I can think of for people that aren't interested in them, start creating packs for the West Front WWII titles or come up with something new.

Mord.

For something new, I favor CMx3 start with North Africa and proceed from there.

3 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

CM Sandbox. I would love to be able to have ALL the units, buildings, flavor objects, terrain tiles, bridges, you name it, available in one title. The possibilities for letting your imagination run wild would be awesome. Russians vs Italians in bocage country. Modern US and British forces vs modern German forces fight it out over the Nijmegen bridge.

Realistically, I would like to see as much content as possible for the WW2 titles, from the invasion of Poland in '39 to the wonder/super weapons of '45.

Who are you, and what have you done to Tomato of Heirloom ?

Are you sure this is off the table. " Arab-Israeli Wars

I do not recall that - now  WWII in the pacific, I recall Steve multiple times saying there is no interest for them to go there.

But as anyone knows, Israeli is really the only place to go if you are looking to capture tank warfare that has happened in a historical event. Plus there was plenty of interesting conflicts for that also. And bonus, it could use its units for a cold war what if as another option for a additional game.

Anyway, it would be my choice if they ever move on from what they presently have.

Second option, get Steve to get a little creative and stop restricting his what if's to be realistic. CMBS (Get China in it as a Ally with the Russians - of course Nato units also. But China would be a army non of us have had a chance to play with) how can you not want that - come on Steve - make it happen

CM Fulda would be an instant success because it would include the American forces and the people who were in their twenties or served in Germany in the 80's, are probably the biggest demographics among the CM players. Right now, there's a huge resurgence in Cold War going hot on the board gaming scene.

CM Blitzkrieg probably wouldn't sell that well, because there would be no Americans plus there's a common perception, that those campaigns were uninteresting walkovers. Strategically and operationally maybe, but on the tactical CM level, the French or the Poles had some tanks, anti-tank weapons or small weapons, that were at least equal to their German counterparts. Consequently there were a lot of small scale engagements, that were far from being one-sided. 

CM Middle East, as @slysniper mentioned, the Arab-Israeli fighting was the only high end and high intensity warfare during the Cold War, that could serve as a template for the potential NATO-WP confrontation. Personally I find this topic fascinating. The Lebanon 1982 could serve as real life Shock Force game, that would include a mixture of conventional and unconventional fighting, but again - there would be no Americans in it...

Edited by Ivanov