Patching CMSF Retail

So, after a long time away I decided to get back into Combat Mission and am trying to get my old copy of CMSF (Paradox retail CD) up to date.  However, I notice that the only available patch just takes it to version 1.20.  Is there any way to get the latest patches installed or was this version of the game put out to pasture whenever the deal between Battlefront and Paradox ended?

It was actually Paradox that decided to stop issuing patches for their distribution of CMSF. It did end at 1.20 for Paradox. Battlefront offered a 1.21 patch (for US$1.00 or US$5.00, I can't remember) for Paradox users that allows them to upgrade to the final 1.32 patch. If you have purchased any of the modules (British Forces, Marines), then the 1.21 patch was unnecessary since you could use the Battlefront patches if these modules were installed. However if you purchased ONLY the NATO module (and not either of the other two modules), then you WOULD need the 1.21 patch BEFORE installing the NATO module.

Unfortunately none of the CMSF1 products are up in the Battlefront Store, including the 1.21 patch for Paradox. Steve had mentioned in the past the desire to put some of these items back in the store, but I don't know when he will do this and for exactly which products he'll do this for.

Thanks for the quick replies.  I assumed that the CMSF2 upgrade wouldn't work because it is only for "Battlefront purchased" games and I don't have a license key to my knowledge (the game just runs a CD check).  Otherwise $15 for an upgrade to SF2 would be a no brainer.  In any event, I went ahead and bought Fortress Italy so I should have plenty to do while waiting to see if the 1.21 patch ever materializes.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, EKGriffin said:

Thanks for the quick replies.  I assumed that the CMSF2 upgrade wouldn't work because it is only for "Battlefront purchased" games and I don't have a license key to my knowledge (the game just runs a CD check).  Otherwise $15 for an upgrade to SF2 would be a no brainer.  In any event, I went ahead and bought Fortress Italy so I should have plenty to do while waiting to see if the 1.21 patch ever materializes.  Thanks again.

Open a ticket  I am pretty sure BF will sort you out and no it does not apply to games purchased only directly from BF.  Paradox purchases are covered and you are not the first.

5 hours ago, sburke said:

Open a ticket  I am pretty sure BF will sort you out and no it does not apply to games purchased only directly from BF.  Paradox purchases are covered and you are not the first.

Absolutely, I own a Paradox base game and support was very helpful to resolve the missing license key.