USMC Helmets and Gear

21 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Much thanks to our very own Modding Metalhead Maniac Mord (a/k/a MC Stud Muffins) for his encouragement and original inspiration to start modding way back when

Thanks back, my man! Your work just keeps getting better and better! Awesome stuff. Good job, buddy!

Mord.

No, unfortunately, the old hex editing tricks don't work under v4.  But there is a way to add new 3D models, of which I know absolutely nothing. I forget who it is who is making new beret and helmet 3D models for CMFS.  It was only in the last few weeks that it was posted here in the CMSF2 forum, so a search should find it.  He'll no doubt be inundated with requests, lol!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting that, John. I missed this somehow at the time, but looking at it with fresh eyes, so to speak, made me realize that, unfortunately, I need to correct the arms on all the Marine uniforms. The way arm textures stretch, I need to re-orient the camo, and they should look much better. I’m finishing up British uniforms atm, but will issue updated versions ASAP after that. 

• 4 months later...

Just picked the Marine's module up and this mod is an essential enhancement for it. Thank you for your time and effort, mjkerner!

There's just one thing I can't figure out.... How do I mix in woodland MARPAT helmets / gear in with the default desert MARPAT? I tried pasting the desired helmet folder in and just deleting one or two replacement textures. Sadly all of my marines end up topped in green helmet covers.

Hi hundtand, thank you for the kind words.   I'll see if I can explain how... the game provides only one default Marine desert marpat helmet.  It is named "smod_american-marines_helmet-soldier", so when not using any mods there is only the one default texture for all Marines. My moddded helmets come in packs of 5, named from "smod_american-marines_helmet-soldier" to "smod_american-marines_helmet-soldier 4", so there is no way for the default texture to show up when using the mods because it's overridden by the one in the modwith the same name. However, if you take the texture you want---you'll need to rezExplode brz 200a in order to get the default marine helmet texture, found in the the "uniform" folder--and place it in whichever helmet mod folder you are using, overriding when prompted, it will replace the modded one with that name.  You could also rename the original helmet texture as "smod_american-marines_helmet-soldier 5", and it will be added to to the helmet selections in that particular mod.  You can add as many as you like, or add other modded helmets, as long as you keep the numbers sequential.

I hope I have I explained it so you can follow. Technical writing is not my forte.☺️