Fortress Italy bugs

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, Frenchy56 said:

Okay @BFCElvis, I'm starting to get really concerned here. Fallschirmjaeger also use the regular HG Panzergrenadier model, regardless of date.

DB69CA61AE34BE0E3C568B79186EA537FAD86E16

I'm seeing this too.  Fallschirmjaegers are not using their own uniform skins in any scenario or campaign.  How did that get by the testers?

It's not a game-killing bug, but it is an immersion killing one.  I really hope we don't have to wait 2.5 years for it to be corrected.

8 minutes ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

Looks like a burlesque comedy sketch. in Red Thunder, they also messed up and extended the date range until May 1945, which includes cold temperatures and snow visual effects (no ground textures though),

That sounds like included preparatory coding work for the "soon" to be released module for Red Thunder that will extend the timeline to May 1945 and include cold temperatures and snow visual effects.  (Hopefully, the extended delayed releases for these 4.0 patches were mostly the result of their being worked on in tandem with the upcoming modules for CMFI and CMRT.  At least, that's what I hope caused the problem.)

Still, the CMFI patch being released with Fallschirmjaegers missing their uniforms was pretty sloppy.

30 minutes ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

no ground textures though

There are 'Snow Paths'.....But they don't seem to show up when you place them on a map (hoping these will be replaced by footpaths & snow paths when the module arrives).

I've just tried to model an industrial area using CM:FI.....Not very successfully.  Not everything in Italy has a terracotta roof!  :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Myles Keogh said:

Still, the CMFI patch being released with Fallschirmjaegers missing their uniforms was pretty sloppy.

Don't forget the Hermann Goering Division AFV crews have this problem too, as said earlier. However as @BFCElvis said it's been formally written down, not sure about the Fallschirmjaegers though.

Edited by Frenchy56

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me for manifesting my impatience, but these accidentally swapped models actually devalue the game. Imagine this, you bought GL after the V2.01 patch, you giddily go into a scenario with Fallschirmjaeger or LW panzers in it and find out that all kinds of LW troops look exactly the same after taking a close look at them. This is not what was advertised and what you spent 35 dollars for.

These models are a feature of the game, and a bug should not make a feature, that we payed for, unavailable. Now, forgive me if you are on a hotfix for it (and other things) or planning to release it with the new DLC, but this is starting to piss me off.

Edited by Frenchy56

Blame Rommel22!

What is all this stuff about pissing someone off so they would growl and show their teeth?

It's all thanks to Rommel22, a poster who has now joined the USAF but pops back from time to time. This thread, which entered the realms of lunacy at post 2 and never veered away from it, is the cause of the wierd catchphrase.

I noticed this, too. Major downer on my elation about the patch finally being out. Have gone back to CMBN for the time being. CMFI is my favorite, though, and I agree about the comments about this bug being an immersion killer and shortchanging us gamers. I assume it will be fixed at the latest when Rome to Victory is released; no sense in bringing out yet another patch if that is only around the corner. It would be nice to have some comment bz BF on this issue. 

Not to worry!  We'll have a new round of patches out very soon.  There's a two player QB bug that crept in and a few other things we want to fix.  Uniform fixes will come along for the ride.  How soon?  We're in the process of getting the first round of candidates to testers.

The LW uniform stuff was a side effect of our work on Rome to Victory.  For the CMFI v2.01 patch we had to hack out all the R2V specific stuff and that was rather tricky.  It looks like I was a little over enthusiastic when cutting things 😉  With 4 games to test at one time the number of permutations by Family, Release, Year, Date, Weather, Nation, Force Type, etc. is astronomical.  On top of that, you have the reality that ANYTHING could be wrong.  Just opening something with a specific configuration isn't adequate for uniform details, for example.  You have to get right down in there to see something like the LW tank crews not wearing tanker uniforms.  It was inevitable that something would be missed.

Steve

On 5/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Not to worry!  We'll have a new round of patches out very soon.  There's a two player QB bug that crept in and a few other things we want to fix.  Uniform fixes will come along for the ride.  How soon?  We're in the process of getting the first round of candidates to testers.

The LW uniform stuff was a side effect of our work on Rome to Victory.  For the CMFI v2.01 patch we had to hack out all the R2V specific stuff and that was rather tricky.  It looks like I was a little over enthusiastic when cutting things 😉  With 4 games to test at one time the number of permutations by Family, Release, Year, Date, Weather, Nation, Force Type, etc. is astronomical.  On top of that, you have the reality that ANYTHING could be wrong.  Just opening something with a specific configuration isn't adequate for uniform details, for example.  You have to get right down in there to see something like the LW tank crews not wearing tanker uniforms.  It was inevitable that something would be missed.

Steve

Question:  Is the new "evade towards the enemy" behavior a bug that will be addressed by these patches coming soon too?  Or has this been addressed in a different thread?  Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

CMFI 2.02

Marder II helmeted tank crew missing textures on headset radios. (possibly for all crew that is wearing helmet and radio)

Marder II when casualties (driver) taken inside tank, not sure if crew switches to driver seat but driver hanging out half through bottom of tank

Edited by user1000

• 1 month later...