Anyone in New England area or Good with Tech Help?

Sublime

My comp( dell I can PM details) is stuck in an auto repair loop. Im out of warranty territory by a few months.

I dont have the money to pay the customer service people to fix it on the phone. My comp is missing the windows 10 image.

Does anyone know where I could DL a 8gb image? I tried the library. No one I personally know is able to help as far as I know ATM.  Does anyone have any ideas or B would anyone if worst comes to worst be willing to accept a small amount of cash, money for shipping, and allow me to mail a usb drive for the image to be downloaded and sent back? I dont have much but I can compensate you somewhat

My comp starting doesnt see any image for some reason to wipe and reinstall windows. So i gotta find a comp to DL an 8gb windows 10 image to boot, reformat, and install win 10

I guess I worded it poorly - I was hoping someone would tell me of some commercial service or store chain where I could pull this off because Im not having a lot of luck

Edited by Sublime

I got a image on a thumb drive. Which... Didnt exactly work and whats worse I dont know what the hell I did ( ok I DO but I dont know why this would have the effectit did ) but long story short my comp just starts and sits at the Dell logo I cant even F12 into bios options or w.e

😕

Edited by Sublime

Its definitely a boot or OS issue. The laptop works. The comp sees the HD down to what was open and what was taken but it says my comp doesnt support the auto restore. No details were provided for which 8gb win 10 image to download and it was a process finding a local computer I could physically goto and use for this (my friends arent the gaming types. Its my dirty secret they all know I love history though)

So I got it and the image didnt work. I tried setting it on unsecure boot it didnt work. 😕

23 hours ago, Wicky said:

A bad flipped bit on the boot sector of the HD?  

Boot from an external drive and use disk tool to wipe and reformat the old drive - or replace with a new un (500GB SSDs are quite cheap nowadays) before installing a fresh OS.

If he can't access his BIOS settings, booting from an external device won't work unless previously set up in boot options.

@Sublime It almost sounds like you need to replace your BIOS chip, or flash it.

https://blog.superuser.com/2011/04/03/what-is-flashing-the-bios/

http://hardware-today.com/articles/motherboards/how_to_flash_bios

Dell has 4 8gb files to download to boot from a flash drive. Thats what im working on now. Im on file #2 and so far no luck

2 more chances. If not I know someoe who I can give food stamps to to try to fix this. If its a BIOS issue at least Ill know and can work towards that goal.

When i try to restore without a thumb my comp does see the HD and even tje free space.oddly I connect to my wifi and then i get an error sayin my comp doesnt support that feature.  It doesnt help googling this has about 200 different solutions and its hard to figurre out which. Im tempted to try some solutions but VERY WARY of breaking my comp - Im in way over my head. If this was circa 2000 and a tower Id be much more able but even thwn a rank amateur. With a laptop and 20 years later Im almost a danger to the computer..  Im not entirely sure but some of the suggested fixes to try seem like they could catastrophically screw me.

I *CAN* access my bios now it seems getting a boot file that my comp will boot from. The one today it saw the thumb it saq the files but wouldnt work.

P.s. thanks for the answers

@Wicky since my crash im so bored i take to getting stoned and answering military history quora questions. So a question about nukes and Japan comes up.

Look at the link I find and it talking about Nazi nukes in 43. I think I just may have found someones muse...

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/191553-nazi-atomic-bomb-used-in-1943/?page=9