BV 206

Sequoia

I saw a picture of this vehicle being used in the heavy snow Germany is now experiencing and it got me reading up on it. I see it's used by some Bundeswehr Gebirgsjaeger and the Canadians used it in Afghanistan.  It's not in the NATO module and I am by no means asserting it's a "missing" vehicle but wanted to ask if would be totally out of place in "our" Syrian war.

The sticking point is always where the vehicle would fit in the TO&E. We recently had a similar problem with a cool oddball cargo vehicle in (redacted) that simply had no place to go in the force structure. Back at the start of CMBS I was lobbying for inclusion of M1117 Guardian armored car. Except Steve was not keen on modeling MP units and there was no other place to put it in the game,

Well according to Wikipedia 2 of the 3 Gebirgsjaeger battalions us it as there primary mode of transport. Again, I'm not trying to argue they should have been included. If in a real war I'd much rather my BV 206 was exchanged for a Marder.

The german Gebirgsjäger only use it for operations in very difficult terrain (usally snow). I doubt it would be used in Syria. They would rather use the Fuchs (or the GTK Boxer nowadays) in that environment. Afaik it has not been used in any combat operation by the Bundeswehr, but the British Royal Marines have used it quite a lot in Afghanistan, even in combat.

Edited by QuiGon