CMSF1 SAVED GAMES

Erwin

That's been my experience as well.  The good news is that some of the CMSF1 campaigns were outstanding since developers had 5 years with no other CM2 title to distract them.  And they became very good at making dynamic campaigns in which it really mattered what the result of a mission was as it would have a direct impact on the following mission(s).

So, am not too unhappy at the thought of replaying some of them.  I do envy new customers who will experience the CMSF world fresh and with all the bells and whistles (and all those early version bugs ironed out).

In particular I remember Road to Dinas - xnt RED vs RED campaign (other than me finding one mission towards the end of the campaign being impossible to win despite restarting it over a dozen times).  Zawiya Uprising was another superb RED vs RED campaign.  There were many others that were enjoyable but I can't picture em.  (I have about 50 campaigns for CMSF1.)

I may have other campaigns.  The challenge is that you have named the campaigns differently.  I couldn't find a bunch until I realized they had USMC or NATO prefixes in my folder.  Do you have Battle of Grozny?  

Also, I rarely check this TECH section.  In future, recommend that u post these sorts of things in the CMSF2 Scenarios and Mods area.

Edited by Erwin

I renamed many of the scenarios however no campaigns were renamed by me.

Although, with older versions & different posters uploading campaigns over the years, I can understand the problem.

I do not have the Grozny campaign or anything else by those French dudes/RommeL.

10 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I may have other campaigns.  The challenge is that you have named the campaigns differently.  I couldn't find a bunch until I realized they had USMC or NATO prefixes in my folder.  Do you have Battle of Grozny?  

Also, I rarely check this TECH section.  In future, recommend that u post these sorts of things in the CMSF2 Scenarios and Mods area.

He did back in September and it has been discussed in that forum as recently as yesterday when someone was looking for TF Panther. For this particular request he should have put @Erwin to put it on your notifications 😉

Edited by sburke

23 minutes ago, Erwin said:

FWIW I have TF Panther if required.  But, seriously, post in CMSF2 forums.  I never check this area unless I have a tech question to post.

TF Panther is already part of the collection.

The collection is already part of an ongoing CMSF2 forum thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 8:31 AM, IanL said:

To my knowledge no one has tried that. It certainly is not an official supported thing. Personally I would not try it and just start again. But if you are feeling lucky...

:)

It would be nice to be able to keep using the save right after the first mission of the Semper Fi! campaign so I don't have to slog through that recon scenario again! =D