Where is the 2.01 Patch?

Chops

1 minute ago, Mord said:

I loved his voice. He was an endless well of movie trivia.

You do know Emrys is gonna come in here and tell you how when he was a kid they'd take a blanket out to the fire pit and wave it through the smoke. One puff meant a dial tone, two meant the other fire was busy cooking a rabbit.

Mord.

LOL!

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yes it was a long time ago :)  Since we're already down memory lane, a month or so ago I was in Halifax reminiscing with someone about watching Creature Double Feature on Chanel 56 and the Bruins on Chanel 38.  We had a Millennial at the table and we found ourselves having to explain UHF.  Ah, life was so much simpler back then when a bit of tinfoil was all one needed to fix a signal problem.  Then again, I get to watch all those Creature Double Feature movies WITH inspired commentary on Netflix's recently rebooted MST3K, so there is that.

Steve

The Movie Loft on Channel 38.  Great old movies with commentary about the filming and the actors. Watched it ALL THE TIME!

1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

And yes, I'm older than dirt. When I was born, the P/F-51 was still a front line fighter, Europe was still under the Marshall plan, and North Korea hadn't invaded South Korea yet.

Thanks for that. I feel young again...I was born a month after the Korean Armistice! But we did have a party line until I was in the 1st or 2nd grade.  

1 hour ago, Mord said:

I loved his voice. He was an endless well of movie trivia.

You do know Emrys is gonna come in here and tell you how when he was a kid they'd take a blanket out to the fire pit and wave it through the smoke. One puff meant a dial tone, two meant the other fire was busy cooking a rabbit.

Mord.

Doesn't sound that bad, at least you'd get some roast rabbit when the line is busy.

1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

Think that's old tech? When I started first grade in elementary school, we had an assembly for the whole school the first week of classes. The assembly was to teach us how to use a rotary dial telephone, and what a dial tone, ring, and busy signal sounded like. The rotary dial phone was just being introduced. Eisenhower was running for President. Three years later, we still had a party line with one of my uncles. You'd pick up the phone, tell the operator the number you wanted, and she'd connect you. If a call came in, one ring meant it was for us, two quick rings meant it was for my uncle. I don't think we got a rotary phone until 1958 or 1959. And yes, I'm older than dirt. When I was born, the P/F-51 was still a front line fighter, Europe was still under the Marshall plan, and North Korea hadn't invaded South Korea yet.

My parents were born in 57/58 🙂

These days people don't know what communism is, let alone rotary phones 😂