CMx2 ScAnCaDe v2.1 released

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not Mike but I use his tool frequently. What kind of error do you get? It is possible to create a Java run-time install for use with just the scanner that makes sure the right java is available for it.

Also what is java 241 I am unaware of it - probably just a shorthand name you are using that I'm not groking.

I don't get an error message or anything. 

When I place the .cam in the folder I use to run scancade and run it, it creates the usual folders for the scenarios and the pictures, but the folders are empty.

Tried several different campaigns from different game families, all empty.

And yes, 241 is just the number for the latest version.

Now I'm even more confused. Are you saying that with an older version of java the campaign files were correctly extracted? This is not something I would expect. I would expect a newer version of Java to work correctly but if it were to fail I would expect it to fail without doing anything.

I found the latest update for Java 8 is numbered 241 (https://java.com/en/download/faq/release_changes.xml). Is that what you mean? The latest version of java is 13.0.2 (https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html) hence my confusion.

I will send you a PM asking a bit more.

• 6 months later...