New Game Suggestion US vs China

I doubt it as nothing has been mentioned. The pathway as I understand it is:

1. Shock Force 2 patch.
  2. Shock Force 2 NATO and British campaign updates.
  3. Engine 4 patch.
  4. CMFI module to take it to the end of the war.
  5. CMRT module to take it to the end of the war.
  6. CMBS module.
  7. CMFB module to take it to the end of the war.
  8. An intent but not much more than that to do a pre-Bagration module for the Eastern Front.

The caveat on the above is that 2 and 3 might be reversed, 4 and 5 might be reversed and 6 and 7 might be reversed in the running order above. The sum of those parts is that Battlefront has a lot on its plate already and I think the only thing that would change that would be if Battlefront got a military contract to develop something that is none of the above. Even if Battlefront did decide to go with a China themed game and announced it tomorrow, I doubt you'll see it in the next five years based on the extant workload.

1 hour ago, Blazing 88's said:

#5 and #7...  yawn.  Don't want CMFB and CMRT is as late in the war as I am interested in.

#8 is morning wood.  Kursk and Barbarossa...  add in hopefully North Africa 41-43 and BF will start getting my money again for new titles.

Yawn away mate - but that is my understanding of the pathway. I also would like a different focus such as Cold War in Europe and post-war brushfire conflicts but my understanding is that it ain't going to happen...

Also, as I said in my earlier post - even if Battlefront decided to [insert desired module/pack] you're still going to be yawning for about 5 years.

Personally I will get up every day because every game/module I've bought has introduced new challenges and perspectives and given me interest in conflicts or theatres that I'd never previously had an interest in.

Every day's a school day as they say.

Cheers for that!  I have all of the CMSF1 stuff, so I will definitely be upgrading to CMSF2 at some point, then I have plenty enough CM titles /scenarios /campaigns to carry me over until the WWII timeline goes backward in time... hopefully.  🙂

Edited by Blazing 88's

25 minutes ago, Blazing 88's said:

Cheers for that!  I have all of the CMSF1 stuff, so I will definitely be upgrading to CMSF2 at some point, then I have plenty enough CM titles /scenarios /campaigns to carry me over until the WWII timeline goes backward in time... hopefully.  🙂

No worries - I totally get it even though we have different gaming priorities. It would be great if Battlefront could do all of the settings we enjoy but sadly I don't see that happening. In the interim I'll keep rummaging around in the editor and dipping into the unplayed scenarios/campaigns of the titles I've got.

Happy New Year btw

During the early days of CMBS Beta Steve was dreaming fond dreams of somehow getting the modern Chinese army into the game. Of course concocting a backstory that would get Chinese forces into Ukraine sounds nearly impossible, and Steve would probably hang himself in despair trying to work out Chinese TO&E. But he was enjoying thinking about the notion. ^_^

I recall at the time I even brought up Taiwan as a possible theater of action and posted pictures of upgraded Taiwanese M60s as examples of opposing forces. If CM fans would appreciate anything, it would be getting the chance to play with M60s. :D

M60.jpg

A Romanian joke:

Once upon a time an old Romanian man found an old bottle while taking a walk. Opening the bottle a genie emerged . Naturally the genie granted the man three wishes. 

"For my first wish", said the old man, " I wish for the Chinese Army to invaded Romania."

"It shall be done," said the genie.

"For my second wish" , said the old man,  " I wish for the Chinese Army to invaded Romania."

"For my third wish" , said the old man,  " I wish for the Chinese Army to invaded Romania."

A large smile appeared on the old man's face.

"Tell me" said the genie, why did you wish for the Chinese Army to invade Romania three times?

The old man replied. "For the Chinese Army to invade Romania three times, it must cross Russia five times! "

Edited by Sequoia

I don't like the idea of BFC doing a USatia vs China War game. Given recent events, it is liable to kick off on the Moon, and as we all know the good Lord made the Moon from cheese, so things could get just a tad sticky from melted cheese, and that would play havoc with our automated typing machine thingamajigs.

30 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I don't like the idea of BFC doing a USatia vs China War game. Given recent events, it is liable to kick off on the Moon, and as we all know the good Lord made the Moon from cheese, so things could get just a tad sticky from melted cheese, and that would play havoc with our automated typing machine thingamajigs.

yeah but who doesn't like melted cheese?

Surely some one has already done a US vs China computer game. I know of at least 2 Taiwan invasion with US involvement board games.  I don't think China had any response to those, nor am I aware of any big controversy regarding Black Sea.

Hmmmm? Considering how prophetic BFC turned out to be in regards to CMSF and CMBS , I´d prefer they´d just leave the US-PRC game be.

22 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Surely some one has already done a US vs China computer game.

Well, somewhere in a box I have "People´s General" which were a US vs. China version of the good old Panzer General. One of those games that I played once and then scrapped.

Taiwan is a hot spot but I don't think it fits CM very well. It is going to be melody composed by Radars, EW , surface warship, submarine , aircraft and missiles. War is over before US and China land force clash. Taiwan scenario fits into naval war game like CMANO.

Maybe we should set the stage at Central Asia , just like Command & Conquer: Generals,

US vs China vs GLA....  and we can add Russia into this.

Edited by Chibot Mk IX

On 1/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, Sequoia said:

Surely some one has already done a US vs China computer game. I know of at least 2 Taiwan invasion with US involvement board games.  I don't think China had any response to those, nor am I aware of any big controversy regarding Black Sea.

Wargame: Red Dragon did it. Took place in Korea

There is a danger of Pre-First World War 2 thinking here.  They thought it would be like WW1.  And pre WW1 they thought it would be like the Napoleonic era.  The challenge is that a future major war between modern peers will not be fought as it was decades ago. 

Cyberwar and EW will almost certainly be the future dominant form of attack - with civilian infrastructure, banking systems, food and water distribution being the first targets.  ie:  There will be an attempt to destroy the very way our modern fragile societies function and the civilian populations will be the first victims. 

Ironically, the military will be the least affected as they are trained and have hardened electronics to survive such an attack.

• 1 month later...

Possibly of interest to denizens of this thread.....A précis of testimony presented to the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission on February 7, 2019:

https://warontherocks.com/2019/02/the-chinese-military-speaks-to-itself-revealing-doubts/

Full testimony, here:

https://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/files/Blasko_USCC Testimony_FINAL.pdf