Scenario: Battle of Concord

Good evening,

I had a thread about a QB map that has since evolved into a scenario.  So I decided to make a new thread.  Scenario time is 45 minutes, blue vs AI only.  Link below.  This has been a good learning experience so far and if anyone would like to playtest and give any feedback on my AI plans, force size/structure, or the map itself, I would really appreciate it.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tpg2/cm-black-sea/battle-of-concord/

Thanks,

Chris

Screenshot (43).jpg

Screenshot (37).jpg

Screenshot60.jpg

Screenshot 61.jpg

Edited by homewrecker

@homewrecker - just played this (badly) but got a tactical victory and it was fun. I'll do some notes up in the next 24 hours or so and if I have time I'll crack it open in the editor to see what you've done in there.

First impressions - apart from the fun bit:

1. There are some buildings on different elevations which could cause pathing issues.
  2. The US player could probably do with some more breach teams.
  3. 45 minutes is fairly tight.

I've got a couple of others that sit in the spoiler category so I'll PM those at some point.

Overall - good job mate - looks like you've mastered the editor already.

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

@homewrecker - just played this (badly) but got a tactical victory and it was fun. I'll do some notes up in the next 24 hours or so and if I have time I'll crack it open in the editor to see what you've done in there.

1. There are some buildings on different elevations which could cause pathing issues.

I've got a couple of others that sit in the spoiler category so I'll PM those at some point.

Had started fixing some of the more egregious errors you mentioned.  Don't know how these weren't apparent to me before, but they just occurred to me when i stopped to think about it a bit ago.  Started fixing when i got home from work.  Am uploading an updated version with change log to the proving grounds as we speak.  I will add one more breach team to the platoon that didn't receive one.  Increasing time to one hour, it was kind of tight.

Changelog .05
-Fixed some pretty egregious building connection errors and elevation mismatches that resulted in AI troops being slaughtered due to pathfinding.
-Changed initial deployment positions of some of the Red recon units due to sight line issues for an MG team, they didn't engage anything.
-Adjusted a few of the redfor trigger objectives, enlarged 2 of them.
-Adjusted some of the AI's support targets to make them make more sense, and avoid friendly fire for red AI.
-Adjusted AI group 6 and 7 orders, they were moving forward to waypoints too slowly to be relevant to the fight in a timely manner.  Movement speed for first order changed from advance to quick.

-Increased scenario time to one hour.
-Added breach team to bluefor for 3rd platoon.

Thanks for playing and the feedback sir!

Chris

EDIT:  Uploaded correct file to TPG, had saved the updated version under the old name, and uploaded incorrect file.

Edited by homewrecker

32 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I haven't had chance to play this yet (although I do have a 'Concord - Setup' save).....If there's an updated version I'd rather play that and give you feedback on the update.

10/10 for your approach to this fella.....Reckon I might be coming to you for advice on Triggers before too long.   ;)

There is, i just uploaded.  I was using a the wrong save format, and I wasn't getting my changes correctly.  I uploaded v.06 today, with all the actual changes that were supposed to be in the .05 file, plus a lot more building connection/elevation fixes.  This should all be correct now.  Hope you enjoy and thank you for having a look at it.

16 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I uploaded the correct fixed version today.  Was using the wrong save format in the title and I think my changes were saving to an old version.  Its up now.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Still here for you if you want help with that other stuff mate.

Thanks man, sorry I've been quiet.  Still working on the campaign, almost got my plans/research put together.  Had a lot going on personally as well.  I know you've got a lot on your own plate right now with your own projects.  Working on updating an SF1 scenario while improving my skills using the exit between times I was having trouble grasping.  But I'm getting it now and it will come in handy with the campaign.  I'll send ya an update in a few days

Edited by homewrecker

3 hours ago, homewrecker said:

Thanks man, sorry I've been quiet.  Still working on the campaign, almost got my plans/research put together.  Had a lot going on personally as well.  I know you've got a lot on your own plate right now with your own projects.  Working on updating an SF1 scenario while improving my skills using the exit between times I was having trouble grasping.  But I'm getting it now and it will come in handy with the campaign.  I'll send ya an update in a few days

No worries mate - we're all doing what we can when we can ,so don't sweat it. Just hit me up whenever you need to or want to and I'll help where I can.