The other day I uploaded my old "Allah's Army" sound mod for SF & SF2. It's been long locked away in the Repos, so I figured I'd give new people access to it on CMMODs. Well, in the readme I wrote this: "This my old SF1 mod of insurgent fighters screaming Allahu Akbars and other phrases. They are edited and numbered so to be heard throughout various situations and orders. As SF1 and 2 do not have Syrian voice files for vehicle hits (like the other titles) I had to make due. There should be enough sprinkled among the voice files to increase the ambience and add some flavor to your experience." Which meant that the mod was and had always been a compromise on what I was aiming for vs the reality of what the game would allow me to do. I bent it the best I could to fit my vision.

So, anyway I'd noticed, that NO country had the vehicle hit voice files in SF. However, those files were in every game since BN, including SF II. I have a tendency to go in forty different directions when I am dicking with mods, so, I scribbled a quick note in my modding note pad, "Check and see if Syrian sounds were implemented".  A few days went by and I decided to take up my note's challenge. So, I took all the US "hit" folders, copied them over and then renamed all the files to their Syrian counterparts (that way if they worked I'd hear American voices coming from Syrians and there'd be no mistakes). I created a bunch of silent vehicle files so I'd have a nice quiet map, and then set up a test. Below takes place after my tests.

My hunch was that BF implemented the files for the US, Brits, and NATO (minus the Dutch) because these files have been in existence since CMBO. Not having any Arabic speakers on hand they just couldn't make anything new for the Syrians. I thought maybe the code was still there though, all it needed was something to point to. HOT DAMN. I WAS RIGHT!!! I am going to redo the Allah's Army mod for SF II shortly. As you can see from the vid, the mod FINALLY works in the way I'd originally intended. Almost ten years and my artistic vision comes to fruition! I am BEYOND STOKED!

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

8 hours ago, Mord said:

I am going to redo the Allah's Army mod for SF II shortly. As you can see from the vid, the mod FINALLY works in the way I'd originally intended. Almost ten years and my artistic vision comes to fruition! I am BEYOND STOKED!  

+1  Very cool.  This game already rocks and you modder dudes are just making it even better. :)  Thank you. 

Thanks, guys. The Uncons are gonna have a much more visceral feel to them now that they respond to their vehicle kills! My compromise with the old mod was that they'd scream when you targeted a unit but the problem was the file played when the order was given (immediately) even in WEGO. Also target sounds never play on their own (AI coordinated targeting), you have to manually give a fire order to hear those sounds. Anyway, in the videos dudes scream "Allahu Akbar" etc. after they hit targets, in celebration. This will add to that realism.

Mord.

I can add just about anything as long as it's fairly clean, music free audio. You find some really good clips such as that and PM them to me I'll see what I can do. Can't promise anything because it doesn't always work out but I'll keep it in mind. I have a lot of modding on my plate right now, like you wouldn't believe!

What does it mean?

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 5:23 PM, Lethaface said:

Is it also possible to distinguish between the Syrian Army and irregulars? 

Nope. It's basically a mod for when you have a lot of Uncons/Fighters in a scenario.

Mord.