Jump to content

Scout Team cannot acquire Jav CLU?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Captain Reyes said:

Your equipped your scout team with two additional AT-4 launchers which then prevents them to get the Javelin Launcher.

Maybe I might have forgotten that, but that still doesn't explain this:

HQOlIkk.png

A detached Anti-Tank Team cannot acquire a Javelin CLU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you detached the AT team from the squad, the AT team loaded every AT asset they could lug. They've got two AT-4 (M136) rockets. That's too much. Instead, you've got to send men with LIGHT loads to the vehicles to get the Javelins. Then rejoin them to the squad. Next, split off your AT team. THEN they'll have the Javs.

Or, just grab a CLU and a missile or two BEFORE unloading the squad.

Load management can be a PITA...but with a little practice you won't notice it much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made this mistake myself, specifically with HQ teams. Now, I always force myself to remember to give a team/squad the CLU first, before javelin ammo or any other AT assets like the AT-4.

The CLU and javelin ammo seem to take up a lot of inventory space, so I always try to load squads/teams with the "heaviest" items first. This was an SOP learned the hard way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While the CLU might be relatively light (being mostly foam), a Javalin is not. When you acquire a CLU, you get a Jav with it, and that is heavy. While "Special Forces Units," such as Army, SEALS, Marine force Recon, etc might train to carry very heavy loads, most infantry don't. When I was on a NATO operation in Norway in 1976, I carried in excess of 80 pounds over my normal weight, and that was without "ball" ammo, just blanks, and I was actually over my long-term endurance limit. You can't just load up your pixeltruppen and expect them to perform. Learn your limits.

Edited by Vet 0369
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, c3k said:

When you detached the AT team from the squad, the AT team loaded every AT asset they could lug. They've got two AT-4 (M136) rockets. That's too much. Instead, you've got to send men with LIGHT loads to the vehicles to get the Javelins. Then rejoin them to the squad. Next, split off your AT team. THEN they'll have the Javs.

Or, just grab a CLU and a missile or two BEFORE unloading the squad.

Load management can be a PITA...but with a little practice you won't notice it much.

Yeah, nvm.

I see what happened. Gorramnit.

I must have saved the game after loading up my dudes, and forgotten I had done it. I could have sworn you could carry more before, I guess I hadn't played any Black Sea to get used to the changes.

Old Shock Force you could darn near have one tube per man in a squad if you did it right. (Jav + 2-3 M136 + 2-3 M72 LAW's.)

I guess I was just expecting the same thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iMolestCats said:

If i was told i had to carry a AT-4, A CLU, along with my primary weapon system, full combat load with my buddy carrying 2 Jav tubes, his weapon system and a AT-4. I either wouldn't do it or id go down as a heat cat about 3 minutes later. 

I was just hoping to give every man in the team a tube to carry.

3 hours ago, Ch53dVet said:

It would be a whole lot easier if we could actually "right click" the ammo back into the vehicles inventory, especially, when the mouse jumps at the last second and we errantly pick 2000 rounds of 7.62mm AP ammo that we can't use.

That's why I generally don't acquire ammo unless I absolutely have to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

That's why I generally don't acquire ammo unless I absolutely have to.

I usually take extra ammo if I am expecting a serious shootout, but I try to take the least amounts available, like 500 rounds say. Distributed among 9-10 men, that's not such a back breaker.

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

I usually take extra ammo if I am expecting a serious shootout, but I try to take the least amounts available, like 500 rounds say. Distributed among 9-10 men, that's not such a back breaker.

Michael

Depends on the scenario.  I found in playing Circle the Wagons I wanted ALL the 5.56 ammo.  It goes fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played Circle the Wagons yet, but I can count on one hand the number of times ANYof my pixeltruppen have run out of ammo, except 40mm grenades, in any CMx1 or CMx2 game mission or campaign I've played. I will stock up on antitank and 40mm grenades though. I mean we generally start every mission with a full basic allotment of ammunition. That will usually last real life infantry for hours, if not days, if they don't waste it.

Edited by Vet 0369
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

I haven't played Circle the Wagons yet, but I can count on one hand the number of times ANYof my pixeltruppen have run out of ammo, except 40mm grenades, in any CMx1 or CMx2 game mission or campaign I've played. I will stock up on antitank and 40mm grenades though. I mean we generally start every mission with a full basic allotment of ammunition. That will usually last real life infantry for hours, if not days, if they don't waste it.

Same here but then I watched my teams blow through hundreds of rounds of ammo on this one in a few turns. Getting resupply while in combat was a bitch. It was certainly not true across the board. The reinforcing elements for example did not have the same problem, but the initial platoon in contact was just blasting away.  Fun times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sburke said:

Same here but then I watched my teams blow through hundreds of rounds of ammo on this one in a few turns. Getting resupply while in combat was a bitch. It was certainly not true across the board. The reinforcing elements for example did not have the same problem, but the initial platoon in contact was just blasting away.  Fun times. 

Hmmm, sounds like the NCOs need to enforce fire discipline. I'm currently playing USMC; A Day at the Beach and the first mission of Semper Fi Syria, and the scouts appear to be carrying more than 100 rounds over the basic allotment (BA). If any thing, they should have LESS than a BA to reduce weight. A Recon Scout has a single job:; to scout not to fight. They were to avoid contact at all costs. A Sniper team was a different subject of course. IIRL, Marine commanders in Vietnam were known to threaten to take away the recon patrol's rifles and leave them with just knives to keep squads from trying to take on an NVA company. Some Recon just weren't the brightest bulbs in the circuit.

Edited by Vet 0369
Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing CMRT, the Soviet smg squads go through ammo like water out of a fire hose. That's what happens when your weapon fires at about a thousand rounds per minute. Smg troops tend to only be useful for a single assault then they're done. US infantry in CMSF2 are limited to three round bursts which helps conserve ammo but having an opposing AK squad go full auto on you in a tight urban environment is alarming! The last time I played Al Huqf engagement one of my (surviving) squads dropped so low on 5.56 ammo that the squad leader pulled out his sidearm. The squad had more 9mm than 5.56.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I generally do, is to assess what I have, do I have any vehicles from which I can resupply, can I safely position my "resupply" vehicles near my men for "easy" resupply, etc. if I can't do that, I usually take extra ammo, especially for the "high high rate of fire" weapons, and all the AT stuff I can, especially if I'm in a defensive position where I don't have to move and suffer encumbrances from weight. Don't forget that your units will use motar rounds from a vehicle before their own internal supply if it is close enough to the mortar team, and your other units should automatically resupply from any vehicle that's close enough to them.

You really need to plan your logistics just as carefully as your tactics.

Edited by Vet 0369
Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on the location, if there isn't any place on the map I can, safely, hide my supply vehicles during the setup phase, then, I'll order every Tom, Dick and Harry, in the unit, to vacuum up as many light, anti-tank, rockets, 40 mm HE/HEDP rounds, 7.62mm (If I have embedded mg's in my squads), 56mm ammo, regardless of rank.

Even, the poor s.o.b's who drew "Driver Detail", that day, all came out of boot camp with the MOS of a basic infantryman, get issued additional ammo and a fighting position to keep them from being added to the friendly casualty rate penalty.

All this, extra, micro-logistical, supply-management, because, right out of the starting gate, all available eyes are scanning the horizon to engage any light skinned vehicles with an accompanying glowing icon, above it, or, a "Whack-A-Mole" head sticking out of it. Then, "KaBoom", there goes all your extra ammo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

I haven't played Circle the Wagons yet, but I can count on one hand the number of times ANYof my pixeltruppen have run out of ammo, except 40mm grenades, in any CMx1 or CMx2 game mission or campaign I've played. I will stock up on antitank and 40mm grenades though. I mean we generally start every mission with a full basic allotment of ammunition. That will usually last real life infantry for hours, if not days, if they don't waste it.

You obviously never played the Brits in CMSF-1 then … a rifle section would burn its 5.56mm load in anything between 3 and 4 turns if you were careless with the Target command.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, Combatintman said:

You obviously never played the Brits in CMSF-1 then … a rifle section would burn its 5.56mm load in anything between 3 and 4 turns if you were careless with the Target command.

No, I never got to playing the Brits or NATO in CMSF1. I also tend to let my pixeltruppen choose their own target unless there is a high-value target that I want to put a lot of lead on in a short amount of time.

 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, Ch53dVet said:

Even, the poor s.o.b's who drew "Driver Detail", that day, all came out of boot camp with the MOS of a basic infantryman, get issued additional ammo and a fighting position to keep them from being added to the friendly casualty rate penalty.

Are you a Jarhead? As far as I know, the Marine Corps is the only U.S. Service that does that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Are you a Jarhead? As far as I know, the Marine Corps is the only U.S. Service that does that.

LOL..., you hit the, former, jar right on the, former, head.

Everyone that completes basic training is a certified grunt (0311).

Even the cooks have a "War Face".

Plus, sharing a foxhole with a Cook in an emergency situation has 2 benefits

(1) They know how to shoot

(2) They can prepare a gourmet meal out of the field rations, you are both carrying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's why I was able to go from F-4s in the Regulars and UH-1Es in the reserves to 0331 and 0369 in the reserves. 

Have you done any of "USMC: A Day at the Beach" or "Semper Fi; Syria" yet? They're AWESOME!

Semper Fi!

Edited by Vet 0369
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...