Thoughts on the future of BS

homewrecker

So ive been thinking about a few things that would add a lot of of flexibility to scenario creators.  

1. Uncons/militias - this has been talked about quite a bit.  It is relevant to the setting of the game.  But also Ive had the thought of using Black Sea to simulate a second US civil war.  Which brings me to my next suggestion.

2. Semi-automatic rifle variants - this goes back to the US civil war scenario.  Being that these are widely proliferated in the US, would make a great deal of sense.  No new models required, since every infantry rifle is available here in some semi auto variant or another.  My only question, and i doubt this, is that can that be done through modding?  What would it require to accomplish the implementation?

Any thoughts on this?

Chris

The boss(es) at BFC do know about our yearning for 'uncons' in CMBS (I've certainly harassed them enough!).  The question is less 'whether' they'll show up but 'when'. Put them into the next module? Add them as part of a forces & vehicles expansion pack? They have their reasons for doing things in the order they do, though its difficult to tell what it is.

If you were to look at Mujahideen in CM:Afghanistan you'll see they're carrying everything from AK-47s to Enfields to old M16s to FN rifles. For a CMSF2 mod pack I 'borrowed' a German G3 rifle model out of CM:Afghanistan to replace the Dutch C7 rifle. I was frankly surprise that the transfer worked!

Uncons FTW! (as I may have said elsewhere)  ;)

Some older tech tanks & so on would add a lot of Flexibility to the game too.....On the other hand your Turkish mods might also have some relevance in a wider Black Sea conflagration.  The Altay (assuming it ever works as advertised), would make a fearsome addition to CM:BS array of 'not-quite real' (at the time) uber-tanks!  :P

6d89a897b4d2c6b4cd4b3f8c4a887642.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

While new, some of the changes I would like to see are user configurable difficulty.  Start with Iron difficulty but allow for automatic supply distribution as an example.

Also, what new games are they planning?  I would love to see a Vietnam game especially with Riverine units which would look great in CM.  

1 hour ago, ctcharger said:

Also, what new games are they planning?  I would love to see a Vietnam game especially with Riverine units which would look great in CM.  

There has been a superfluity of shouting out requests for new games in the past year. I mean, really lots. There is nothing really long with this, but I would caution players who engage in this sort of thing not to get their hopes up. BFC has their own vision of which way the company should go and are not requesting submissions. While they have indicated interest in modern theaters, I think they intend to proceed cautiously, i.e., carefully estimating what will move well in their primary markets. And they have their own crystal balls and dowsing rods for that.

Michael

5 hours ago, ctcharger said:

Also, what new games are they planning? 

About a year ago Steve made a post that I summarized below:

Rome to Victory - this project got sidetracked due to a bunch of issues, but it's getting a lot of attention these days.  When completed, CMFI will have a big list of new forces and the timeframe extended to the end of the war.  It will likely be our next release

Untitled Eastern Front Module - active work has been going on since the Spring and it's shaping up quite nicely.  This will take CMRT up to the end of the war, including some huge Berlin maps. Existing TO&E expanded to April 45, Germans get access to a range of non-Heer forces, new weather stuff, and a couple new Regions.  Waffen SS and rag-tag forces will be available for the Red Thunder Module.

New Zealand Defense Forces training aid - pretty much that's all there is to say about it.

CMBS is owed a Module.  CMBS is theoretically next after CMRT.  Marines are an obvious selection for the first Module and the work being done for CMSF2 is going to pave the way for that to happen.  

Then in November 2018 he made a post specific to CMRT which I summarized below: 

For the CMRT module no Polish Home Guard, Hungarians, or other “Axis minor” nations.  The CMRT module will have German and Soviet TO&E updated through to the end of the war, Waffen SS, Luftwaffe (including scratch forces), Volkssturm, Kriegmarine, and most like 1944 Partisans.  This not only extends the timeframe of CMRT through to the end of the war, but it also fills out the Bagration timeframe.  Obviously new weather, a Germany Region (terrain), new textures, and highly detailed Master Maps as well.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:16 PM, MikeyD said:

The boss(es) at BFC do know about our yearning for 'uncons' in CMBS (I've certainly harassed them enough!).  The question is less 'whether' they'll show up but 'when'. Put them into the next module? Add them as part of a forces & vehicles expansion pack? They have their reasons for doing things in the order they do, though its difficult to tell what it is.

If you were to look at Mujahideen in CM:Afghanistan you'll see they're carrying everything from AK-47s to Enfields to old M16s to FN rifles. For a CMSF2 mod pack I 'borrowed' a German G3 rifle model out of CM:Afghanistan to replace the Dutch C7 rifle. I was frankly surprise that the transfer worked!

I saw that and was pretty amazed.  Looking forward to that Turkish army pack, many more scenario possibilities.

Was hoping that I hadnt struck the wrong chord bring in up a second US civil war.  Just thinking in terms of flexibility.