1.04 Patch still available?

Hi - I have the CD versions of CMBO, CMBB and CMAK. I just reinstalled CMBO and CMBB and am seeing some graphics issues with CMBB that I have been told are resolved by the 1.04 patch. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it anywhere to download it. Is it still available? Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Shawn

I have been in contact with BF support and they were very helpful and provided me a link to the v1.04 patch for both CMBB and CMAK. Unfortunately, these are for the license key version of the games and not the CD based license version that I have.  I offered to buy a license but they can no longer even generate license keys. 

Does anyone have the "Barbarossa to Berlin.exe" for 1.04 for the CD based license version?

Thanks,

Shawn

The 1.04 patch REQUIRES a license key (eLicense). There is no 'CD-based version' of the 1.04 patch. The 1.04 patch works if you have either the eLicense or CD-based installation of the CM1 games (CMBB & CMAK). It basically converts your installation to a Battlefront eLicense based one (including CDV disc versions). The games need to be patched up to the latest patch (1.03) BEFORE applying the 1.04 patch.  I believe the patches cost US$5.00 each in the past.

Over a month ago Steve said that he was going to add the CM1 series content back to the Store, but apparently he hasn't had time to do that lately. I'm not sure when he'll get around to it and unfortunately, as you know, Support is unable to generate license keys.

Thank you for the response!

So I am a still a bit unclear. Are you saying that with the application of 1.04, my CD-based installation is converted to the eLicense version and I should be able to start the game without providing an eLicense?

I did start with 1.03 and applied the 1.04 patch. Prior to upgrading to 1.04, the game would check that the CD was loaded. With 1.04 it is now prompting me for a key that I don't have. Was a key provided with the purchase of 1.04?

Thanks again!

Shawn

The 1.04 patch REQUIRES a license key to activate it and use it. eLicense was the copy-protection system for Battlefront at the time that the patch was released. A third party (who eventually would work for Battlefront as the '2nd Programmer') was responsible for creating the 1.04 patch (which is primarily just some updated DirectX calls to fix some graphics problems at the time of Windows Vista release - and have proven useful for other graphic problems seen later with some video drivers) and I believe the fee was to reimburse him and pay for the licensing of the copy-protection system at that time. Once the 1.04 patch is installed your version of CMBB or CMAK no longer needs the CD in the optical drive in order to run (the original copy-protection system for Battlefront).

When you install the 1.04 patch it will replace the 1.03 executable (unless  you move and or rename the 1.03 executable before patching). The 1.04 executable will not run until it has been activated with a license key, which is what you're seeing. All of the fixes for 1.04 are ONLY in the executable. There are no other art files, etc. in the 1.04 patch. Until Steve puts the 1.04 patches back into the Store you'll be unable to play with the 1.04 patch.

• 4 years later...
On 12/7/2018 at 2:02 AM, Schrullenhaft said:

The 1.04 patch REQUIRES a license key to activate it and use it. eLicense was the copy-protection system for Battlefront at the time that the patch was released. A third party (who eventually would work for Battlefront as the '2nd Programmer') was responsible for creating the 1.04 patch (which is primarily just some updated DirectX calls to fix some graphics problems at the time of Windows Vista release - and have proven useful for other graphic problems seen later with some video drivers) and I believe the fee was to reimburse him and pay for the licensing of the copy-protection system at that time. Once the 1.04 patch is installed your version of CMBB or CMAK no longer needs the CD in the optical drive in order to run (the original copy-protection system for Battlefront).

When you install the 1.04 patch it will replace the 1.03 executable (unless  you move and or rename the 1.03 executable before patching). The 1.04 executable will not run until it has been activated with a license key, which is what you're seeing. All of the fixes for 1.04 are ONLY in the executable. There are no other art files, etc. in the 1.04 patch. Until Steve puts the 1.04 patches back into the Store you'll be unable to play with the 1.04 patch.

Found my old CMBB CD-ROM I thought I would take a trip down memory lane and installed it. Regarding the 1.04 patch - is that the same one that was needed to play the game on Vista win-system?

You can play the 1.03 version of the CMx1 series on Windows 10 - the 1.04 patch is NOT necessary. However, the 1.04 patch did, indirectly, address some graphical issues that Radeon users experienced running later drivers and Windows versions. I haven't checked any CMx1 games lately with Radeons to know how well 1.03 still holds up graphically.

The Gog.com version is 1.03, for those that may be curious.