HQS 3.0 at CMMODS

Erwin

Anyone downloaded and installed this (for CMBN, CMFI, CMFB and CMRT)?

I have it, but when I try and open the rar file, one of the items triggers an "Error" message and freezes the process.  I have to go to Task manager to shut it down.  Have tried a couple of the d/l links and while the file that produces the error msg is different, the unpack process always freezes.  :(   

There are 4 links for the d/l. When I tried to unzip the first with Bandizip it says "The file is broken or another split file is needed".  :(

I think there is way of doing it manually.  But, the files do not automatically open like with a regular zip folder.

BTW:  Was puzzled that Part 1 has a bunch of background sounds.  But, Parts 2 and 3 also have exactly the same named background sounds.   

Also, the Part 2 and Part 3 folders have exactly the same named subfolders inside ("background; explosions; other; vehicle loops; voices; weapons")? 

Did you combine the subfolders with the same name together in one folder or do the files all need to be kept in separate subfolders?

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

There are 4 links for the d/l. When I tried to unzip the first with Bandizip it says "The file is broken or another split file is needed".  :(

I think there is way of doing it manually.  But, the files do not automatically open like with a regular zip folder.

BTW:  Was puzzled that Part 1 has a bunch of background sounds.  But, Parts 2 and 3 also have exactly the same named background sounds.   

Also, the Part 2 and Part 3 folders have exactly the same named subfolders inside ("background; explosions; other; vehicle loops; voices; weapons")? 

Did you combine the subfolders with the same name together in one folder or do the files all need to be kept in separate subfolders?

I also use 7 Zip without problems..

I don't have HQS 3.0, but it's probably nearly the same as 2.6. (maybe updated for Modern). I also remembered HQS 2.6 having same issue with duplicate Folder names, and File Sounds and had to weed through each Part.

Edited by JoMc67

I think I have extracted everything ok. 

Am now puzzled why there are so many duplicate folders with what appear to be the same files in them.  eg All three "Parts" have a background folder and in each folder the files are all named the same eg:  "background day combat [autumn].wav" etc.  They all sound exactly the same to me.

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

I think I have extracted everything ok. 

Am now puzzled why there are so many duplicate folders with what appear to be the same files in them.  eg All three "Parts" have a background folder and in each folder the files are all named the same eg:  "background day combat [autumn].wav" etc.  They all sound exactly the same to me.

I remember this been mentioned before in a past post...Some are simply duplicates, and you need to decide which to keep and which to throw away.

The sound wav I test was identical in all three "Parts".   Hope one does not have to test every file to figure out if there are options that should not be deleted.   :(

Anyone know...  Is the creator here??

Oh, well have to pick this up after trip...   Merry Xmas everyone!

I’ve always had a bit of a problem with Waclaw’s mods...they can be confusing, to say the least. But after I finally figured out where the download button was on that Polish website, it was surprisingly easy. I used whatever Zip program I have, it unzipped right off, and the file only had one folder. (On the CMODS site, there were 3 other optional files...I checked them out and they were just the extra background sound mods.)