Black Friday or Cyber Monday Sale?!?!?!

6 hours ago, Papi Chase said:

I was just wondering some of their titles are old 4 years going on almost 5. I know they are PROUD of the games but $60 is a bit much. I couldn't name one AAA title that is still $60 from 5 years ago.

CMBN was released in 2011, so that's getting closer to eight years now.

And I don't think it's only a matter of pride. It's a business strategy where they prefer to sell fewer games at a higher price.

I'm not competent to say if that's the right strategy or not.

58 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:
4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

This 1925 Ford T also still works, and I'm sure it's fun to drive:

And would probably cost you many times its original price if you tried to buy it. Price is always relative to how bad you want it.

Michael

Yep, and to some people, it will be well worth it.

13 hours ago, Papi Chase said:

I was just wondering some of their titles are old 4 years going on almost 5. I know they are PROUD of the games but $60 is a bit much. I couldn't name one AAA title that is still $60 from 5 years ago.

7 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

CMBN was released in 2011, so that's getting closer to eight years now.

And I don't think it's only a matter of pride. It's a business strategy where they prefer to sell fewer games at a higher price.

I'm not competent to say if that's the right strategy or not.

Just to be fair, I feel compelled to point out that Battlefront updates their titles over the years.  As an example when CMBN was first released it was Version 1.  Today it is v4.0 Engine 4.0.  If bought today you would be paying for the newest version of the game not the original game that is 5 or 8 years old (I think that's how it works).  I'm also not competent to say if their business strategy is correct however they are still in business so .......................:D  :)  

It sure is funny how most of the people who complain about price and why is the games not on sale for bargain prices are people who have a handful of comments on the site and are recent new members.

In other wards I see them as typical gamers expecting the same thing they see with most of the rest of the industry. Expecting to get something for almost nothing after a short life span of the product , with a newer version out and selling again for that company.

They have never played any game for any extended period of time and are just waiting for the next thing on the market that they can consume.

The concept of a game with depth and years of endless playability is not a possibility in their thought process. Let alone a fact that the company is not capable of putting out new versions in a year or two with staffs in the hundreds to do such things. A product with only a handful of guys working on and making adjustments to and no ability to try and push the graphic limits of the present home computer each and every year.

They see it as a unknown logic in the world that they live in and cannot accept it.

I find it funny. BF is two guys that came from that world and hated it, created their own way to run and manage their game and have done what they wanted and made the life they wanted for themselves and provided us with games no one in the all powerful industry want to do.

So Bf keep selling and doing business how you want. I appreciate the games too much to care about sales and how they do business.

Hey to each their own I guess. A title from 2011 still $60 good for them. Would I ever buy a game from 2011 for $60 absolutely not, but that's just me. Not bashing or trying to win people over on how business models work and how sales increase revenue... was just curious if they had sales and now I know they would never lol. 

16 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Just to be fair, I feel compelled to point out that Battlefront updates their titles over the years.  As an example when CMBN was first released it was Version 1.  Today it is v4.0 Engine 4.0. 

True, but other companies also patch their games after launch to fix bugs and adjust balance. Maybe not for 8 years though, but the important stuff (bug fixing, machinegun patch) came in the first years :)

Stuff like tank riders, aircraft, mine-clearing tanks and flamethrowers came in later games/expansions.

9 hours ago, Papi Chase said:

Would I ever buy a game from 2011 for $60 absolutely not

But why not, if it turns out to be the best game you´ve ever purchased?

I have bought scores of games during the last couple of decades - and CMBN was surely the most expensive single purchase. But most of the cheap games I´ve bought were probably cheap because nobody wanted to pay full price for them. So in some cases I have paid 10 $ for a game I have scrapped after two hours. 10 $ might be cheap for a game - but is 5 $ an hour cheap?

The 60 $ I paid  for CMBN has given me thousands of hours worth of enjoyable gameplay for the past seven years. So in terms of cent pr. hour it is the cheapest game I ever bought.

Edited by umlaut

4 hours ago, umlaut said:
13 hours ago, Papi Chase said:

Would I ever buy a game from 2011 for $60 absolutely not

But why not, if it turns out to be the best game you´ve ever purchased?

That plus its not really the same game that was released in 2011. It has been upgraded three times with new features. So its game play commands, UI etc. it the same as the recently released Black Sea and the soon to be released Shock Force.

4 hours ago, umlaut said:

The 60 $ I paid  for CMBN has given me thousands of hours worth of enjoyable gameplay for the past seven years. So in terms of cent pr. hour it is the cheapest game I ever bought.

+1   The CM series has saved me literally thousands of $ that I would have spent on other lesser games that used to last maybe a week or two b4 I got bored with them and deleted from my HD.  15 plus years ago when average game cost was about $30,  I calculated that each CM title was worth at least $350+ when you looked at the value for money.

As pointed out earlier many/most people these days are obsessed with "cheap and disposable" and do not seem to understand/appreciate the concept of "value for money" when amortized over many years.

11 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

True, but other companies also patch their games after launch to fix bugs and adjust balance. Maybe not for 8 years though, but the important stuff (bug fixing, machinegun patch) came in the first years :)

Stuff like tank riders, aircraft, mine-clearing tanks and flamethrowers came in later games/expansions.

Sure would be nice for them to fix the pretty serious bugs they've introduced in the new engine 4.0 we've paid for after a year and half or however long it has been. Also i don't see any tank riders in CMBN 😋.