Quick Battle Issue

Hi,

Maybe someone can help...

I have this issue with the "Quick Battles" option since I bought the game.  I recently Installed the game since I uninstalled it some time ago, and now the installer shows v3.12. So far so good! The game works fine if I choose a battle for example, but when I choose "quick battles" and change something in the options, let´s say like map size, or units to "mix", I then hit ok, It then CTD´s.

This happend to me when I first bought the game back in 2015.  The same with the installation path, it wants to intall it to "my documents".

I also have CMBS and it works just fine, and it´s installed in Program Files (x86).

I thought all this would be sorted by now but it seems not. Opened a ticket on help desk but thought I would ask here too.  I brought this issue up back then but no one ever got back. Quick battles is like half the game for me so it´s a bummer it dosent work on my end.

Red

--

Edited by red2112

3 hours ago, red2112 said:

This happend to me when I first bought the game back in 2015.  The same with the installation path, it wants to intall it to "my documents".

I also have CMBS and it works just fine, and it´s installed in Program Files (x86).

Hey, Airborne Red.

I'm not a tech type so I'm not much help.  The ticket you submitted with the help desk is the way to go. 

However, I can say that CMBN has a slightly different install location than CMBS.  The "My Documents" location is probably not part of the problem (I think that it might be the correct location for CMBN).    

38 minutes ago, IanL said:

Try this: do everything the same as you already have but switch the force selection away from computer to human for both sides - go ahead and use the suggest button to get a force quickly just for testing.

Disregard if you are not using automatic force selection.

Hi @IanL

Hmm, interesting. Did what you suggested and it works! Thank you. Well, now I know there´s away around the issue...

Hopefully support has a way to fix it how it should work. On stand-by and thanks!

Red

On 11/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, IanL said:

It is a reported bug - that I think was fixed. But I don't know when...

Just checked it is listed as fixed in the v4 engine upgrade so for CMBN that would be version 4.00

Thanks IanL.

Did get a reply from the help desk. Following there suggestions (install to default path) did not sovle the issue. Requested "Data" file screenshot sent and waiting on reply.

I don´t see why a known bug should be fixed with a engine upgrade (a year later). It has always had this issue since day one (2015).

Either way, thanks for the info IanL.

Cheers

15 hours ago, red2112 said:

I don´t see why a known bug should be fixed with a engine upgrade (a year later).

The engine upgrade did include quite a few bug fixes - that is true. The timing was probably just because of when the bug was looked at. The issue of patching older versions is an issue that haunts many companies. At some point you have to stop fixing old versions. I'm not sure that right after releasing a new one is a great choice but it is the one that was made here.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:27 PM, IanL said:

The engine upgrade did include quite a few bug fixes - that is true. The timing was probably just because of when the bug was looked at. The issue of patching older versions is an issue that haunts many companies. At some point you have to stop fixing old versions. I'm not sure that right after releasing a new one is a great choice but it is the one that was made here.

I don´t know, I bought CMBN in it´s v3 state so to me it wasent like I was buying a old game. Actually with the upgrade it should have been like that, a newer game.  Which brings me to my next observation, the "quick battle" generator. Was this something new in v3? The bug happens while choosing the quick battle, so it´s something that should have been fixed before the v4 upgrade a year later of v3.  Then we have the issue of selling older versions, don´t want to fix them, then don´t sell them as it´s not fair for those who buy them, me thinks...

I bought the upgrade v4, and as you stated, the bug is gone (fixed). But to be honest, I would have rather spent that money on something else, like the vehicle pack...

I hear you. The QB generator is in the first version, not sure if this bug is in that version or it was added accidentally later.

Once the v4 upgrade was released all new purchases were filled with that version. So, no one should have been able to buy the old version after the new one was released. At least that's how I thought it worked.

Thanks Ian for your help.  I really enjoy the CM series, I think it´s great, but somtimes companies make questionable decisions. Let´s hope that now that everything (except CMA) is up to v4, which I fully understand that´s the way to have it and go, things for the future have a better mindset direction in all senses.

Godspeed,

Red